Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rogue is a simple girl with simple tastes...Remy, caring and doting husband that he is, knows and appreciates this.

Rogue's concerns (and the cover composition) makes me hopeful that she will take lead point going forward now that both o--[A]--o and Betsy aren't present.

And...I can't wait to see Meggan in action.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-18-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I tried to fry an amulet once. Couldn’t get the heat up high enough to melt it.
    Ok,Ok,Ok...I meant Omelet. Spelling is not my strong suit...

So do we know exactly what mutant magic is yet. This is driving me crazy and i know it's proably just me but i have read all 15 issues of excalibur and i still can not tell you what mutant magic is and that was suppose to be the main theme in a lot of ways. Are they just saying like those with an x-gene are more sensitive to magic. I don't even know if this is something that is suppose to be done or are we still hanging on for the answer.

Not really sure where else to ask but this is really bothering me on a level i wish it wasn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So do we know exactly what mutant magic is yet. This is driving me crazy and i know it's proably just me but i have read all 15 issues of excalibur and i still can not tell you what mutant magic is and that was suppose to be the main theme in a lot of ways. Are they just saying like those with an x-gene are more sensitive to magic. I don't even know if this is something that is suppose to be done or are we still hanging on for the answer.

Not really sure where else to ask but this is really bothering me on a level i wish it wasn't.
    Probably explained off panel somewhere

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hope Rogue and Gambit will send Jubes and Shogo home and add Pete Wisdom, Black Knight and one or two English mutants.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

X's are better than circles when casting spells.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's that all X's as opposed to o's. And with apoc gone and him seemingly the only one knowing what was going on with mutant magic I don't even know how to read the book forward. Do we just ignore mutant magic has tini mentioned anything in an interview. I even tried googling to see if other readers could explain it and nada.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

It's that all X's as opposed to o's. And with apoc gone and him seemingly the only one knowing what was going on with mutant magic I don't even know how to read the book forward. Do we just ignore mutant magic has tini mentioned anything in an interview. I even tried googling to see if other readers could explain it and nada.
    Looks like Rictor is trying to use the book to try to contact Apocalypse. He will probably become a wizard and then depower Wanda.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Which i think still sounds like something a child on the playground would come up with to explain why their magic is cooler than that of other kids in their fantasy game or why the X-men are better than Doctor Strange.

It's a rather silly idea that makes little to no sense to be some sort of revolutionary concept or revelation and only serves in what i would argue sounds like a badly written attempt at giving the X-men's symbol a special meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Which i think still sounds like something a child on the playground would come up with to explain why their magic is cooler than that of other kids in their fantasy game or why the X-men are better than Doctor Strange.

It's a rather silly idea that makes little to no sense to be some sort of revolutionary concept or revelation and only serves in what i would argue sounds like a badly written attempt at giving the X-men's symbol a special meaning.
    It does kind of make me think of tic-tac-toe.

The best explanation i could find so far was “Anthropologically, culturally, magic is an expression of wisdom and ideas that are developed over the development of a society. "

https://io9.gizmodo.com/x-of-swords-...t-m-1845184455
    Which i think what she means or at least what i'm getting is history. But i guess the expression part makes it magic? so like acting? i don't know.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I told that Tini is trolling Gambit fans on purpose sine issue 6 or 7 whe he was throwing charged cards twice in issue and they were doing nothing, no damage or even explosion. It feels like she really hates him.
    Why from sudden he started to say cher and not chere?
    Boyo for next issue?
    In Cajun culture there is precedence for Cher and Cherie and chere to all be correct.

Mighty Member

So I honestly just lost interest and didn’t read or finish the event ( I don’t know if it’s even still going on). Can someone catch me up what happened after Betsy “died” in the event?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Saturnyne reassembled Betsy shards and which called forth the CB Corp that helped the mutants to win.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-22-2020 at 05:41 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I feel like Tini will address it since she won’t be spending time on XoS set up anymore. Honestly best bet is probably just to check up on the boards if you want to stop buying until it’s addressed (that’s probably what I’m going to do if this next issue doesn’t do it for me).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Saturnyne reassembled Betsy shards and which called forth the CB Corp that helped the mutants to win.
    Ok I suppose. It sounds like a story I have to read to really understand but I just have no interest in going back so I’ll just see what the future holds. Thanks