Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

The series finale was of Riker and Troi on the Enterprise in their timeline using the holodeck to go back and "watch" the time period of when Tripp died and they didn't seem that upset by it either, so basically they could have had Tripp live and it wouldn't have changed anything storyline wise...

The whole thing almost made it like the whole show Enterprise was all some holo-novel or something...

THe only sequel that I would want is for Tripp to be alive and with T'Pol, and after the two times that they had a kid together maybe the third time would be the charm and the kid would make it...or at least not be erased from the timeline...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The series finale was of Riker and Troi on the Enterprise in their timeline using the holodeck to go back and "watch" the time period of when Tripp died and they didn't seem that upset by it either, so basically they could have had Tripp live and it wouldn't have changed anything storyline wise...

The whole thing almost made it like the whole show Enterprise was all some holo-novel or something...

THe only sequel that I would want is for Tripp to be alive and with T'Pol, and after the two times that they had a kid together maybe the third time would be the charm and the kid would make it...or at least not be erased from the timeline...
    Well, look at it from Troi and Riker's point of view. For them, it's events that happened almost two hundred years ago. I mean, how upset do any of us get when we watch a movie depicting the assassination of President Lincoln? I liked how they used the contrivance of Riker trying to figure out how to deal with a situation in his present by observing how other people dealt with similar situations in the past. I mean, isn't that the whole reason we learn about history?
    Watching television is not an activity.

Ultimate Member

But he could have gotten that from their personal logs and such, and then again the finale was not the finale of TNG but the finale of Enterprise, feeling as if it were taking a back seat on the finale of it's own show...

True, but Riker was always a hands-on kind of guy. He wouldn't want to read a dry ship's log if he could have an actual conversation with a hologram simulation of the real person.

Ultimate Member

Ty Borden on Heartland, yeah he wanted out it looks like but it wasn't a sudden thing and he had been in fewer episodes over like the last four or five seasons so unless the actor was a huge jerk or something there was plenty of time to give him some better storylines, being one half of the main romantic pair on the show imho will really hurt the show going forward, especially if they try to force some new guy down our throats in like two seasons, as really the show can't have that much more left...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Gwen (10 chars)
    I have to admit I don't think I kill off Green Goblin in Spider-Man.

I think that they only killed him off because the show got cancelled and they had to rush to come up with an ending, otherwise I've heard that had the show continued that Tripp and T'Pol would have become an official couple on the show...
    For what it is worth he came back in the books. his death was faked or something. I am not sure how it worked out. But he became a Federation secret agent or something.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I guess some kind of ghost version eventually shows up in the comics seasons that followed
    Apparently somebody was creating spirits based on dead people.

Astonishing Member

At the time....Rorschach.

I am usually more annoyed of characters running around that should be dead long ago. Like Aunt May.

One of the worst insults you can say to a fankid is:

"May your series finale star Scott Bakula"

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    True, but Riker was always a hands-on kind of guy. He wouldn't want to read a dry ship's log if he could have an actual conversation with a hologram simulation of the real person.
    The use of Enterprise's finale as part of a TNG episode was fairly dismissive. Instead of Riker on a holodeck, have an elderly Hoshi Sato tell the story to young Jim Kirk on Tarsus IV. When the story's over, Hoshi asks the boy his name and he says "James Tiberius Kirk". And fandom would stand and applaud.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Wash
    You don’t mean George? Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The use of Enterprise's finale as part of a TNG episode was fairly dismissive. Instead of Riker on a holodeck, have an elderly Hoshi Sato tell the story to young Jim Kirk on Tarsus IV. When the story's over, Hoshi asks the boy his name and he says "James Tiberius Kirk". And fandom would stand and applaud.
    To paraphrase the late Gene Siskel, "Review the show you're watching, not the show you wish you were watching."

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Chuck Cunningham.

Huh? They didn't???
    Minkus. Before the sequel of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I really like that. Much better than the actual ending.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    You don’t mean George? Do you?
    Hoban Washburn
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 04-16-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe