Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    But how would the civilian population know that?
    Dude isn't very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Well if everything that happened from FF#1 to Secret Wars also happened post Secret Wars then wouldn't that mean that these 'pre-1985 data bases' are still up to date?
    Yeah, this is why it’s confusing. It may have all happened pre-1985, but when they recall it, or reference it in continuity, it’s 2000 when it all started.

Bring back my Bonny to me!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Dude isn't very subtle.
    Marvel civilians aren't very smart

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Marvel civilians aren't very smart
    Still think they can figure out the giant dude in purple floating in the sky.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I had a feeling that MM creation substance was stuck around outside the known multiverse as iso-8 (strange designation in our times huh? Considering COVID-19 and isolation protocols).

I don’t relieve the Universe-8 we are in now is real. Like someone said, it’s purely fabricated. If it was a true Universe-8, none of the creatures in it would be from Universe-7. They would all be wiped out. We’d have a truely new set of creatures in Universe-8.
    We all agree, I'm sure, that Marvel wasn't going to completely jettison everything from the preceding multiverse and start a new cosmos/multiverse with new entities, gods, heroes, villains, galaxies, planets, etc. We might one day get a glimpse of a future cosmos where that happens as a one-off story, but here's where the real world imposes hard limitations on the fantasy world. You'd think all of this would have been covered in the event planning meetings, but I guess they are relying on our sense of disbelief being more elastic and more highly prioritized than our need for a logical operational framework in this fictional universe. Only time will tell. Right now it feels like an anything goes, whether it makes sense or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Still think they can figure out the giant dude in purple floating in the sky.
    Snapshot from the Big G's first appearance. The press doesn't miss a beat...
    Attached Images Attached Images

And one more to show that the battle cry of "fake news" started with J. Jonah Jameson.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And one more to show that the battle cry of "fake news" started with J. Jonah Jameson.
    The original fox news.

Blue Marvel...?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbeyonder View Post
    They couldnt Time Travel/ observe past events which is pretty stupid considered their power and abilities. And they were defeated by an explosion capable of destroying "just" 100 000 universes. Not just some Beyonders but ALL of them. So an entire race of beeings that individually were comparable/just a little weaker than LT were defeated by something that shouldnt have been a problem for the Celestial Host.
    Iirc somewhere it was suggested that the LT was defeated because TOAA wanted to see what would happen with the beyonders experiment so to speak

I mean it's just an excuse to explain it I suppose but there it is

At least that's how it came across to me
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-28-2020 at 06:28 AM.

Spectacular Member

Stonewall, Crimson Commando, and Super Sabre all fought in WW2 despite debuting as 1980s X-Men foes.
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    Stonewall, Crimson Commando, and Super Sabre all fought in WW2 despite debuting as 1980s X-Men foes.
    Likewise, Major Mapleleaf was Canada's FIRST superhero. He fought alongside the Invaders in World War II. He didn't appear until the 1990s.

Freedom's Five were a group that fought together in WWI Union Jack and phantom Eagle were already existing characters, but Crimson Cavalier, Sir Steel and Silver Squire were created in 1976 in the original Invaders series (another continuity implant, adding Union Jack, Spitfire and others). It was later revealed that Orson Randall (the Iron Fist of the era) also teamed with them. Also another continuity implant. I have long wanted to see those characters explored more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy E. Nystrom View Post
    I liked the fact, though, that these guys aged physically, more or less. They were clearly older individuals, albeit still fit. I'm not sure if any of them are currently above ground, but I tip my hat to their creators for not introducing them as "Externals" or similarly long-lived, perpetually young men in their prime.

Boisterously Confused

The Eternals and Deviants. Now, they appear to have been created out of continuity, but got swept up under Thor after their own title didn't make it. To wedge them in next to the Olympians, they had a whole thing where Thor had run up on them early in the Celestials' visit and got brainwiped so he didn't recall it until their "current" appearance in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    The Master of The World is a Forty thousand year old caveman, but was only introduced in Alpha Flight vol. 1 #2 1983.
    Has anybody written any stories of The Master making his presence known prior to AF 1.2? IMO, he's kind of an interesting case in this category where Byrne had him hidden all those 40 millennia, because he was more or less handcuffed to his ship.