Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Tom Holland Spider-Man origin...

Does he even have one? I know the reasoning. There were two origin stories between 2002 and 2012. I'd still like to know how his Peter became Spider-Man. Tobey Maguire's origin is different from Andrew Garfields. So, why not?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Does he even have one? I know the reasoning. There were two origin stories between 2002 and 2012. I'd still like to know how his Peter became Spider-Man. Tobey Maguire's origin is different from Andrew Garfields. So, why not?
    He was bitten by a small, radioactive Iron Man on a school trip.

He's Spiderman he got bit by a radioactive spider. Now how uncle Ben died etc... I would like addressed. All we have gotten of Ben is a suitcase and a couple vague comments.

1. So, I noticed a little continuity goof in Hulk 2008 IM 1 and IM 2. The teaser at the end of Hulk shows Tony trying to recruit Bruce to the Avengers, as they're attempting to start up. But in IM 2, Tony is shown telling Nick Fury that he didn't want to join his "little boys club." So, why is he trying to recruit Bruce when he refused after the IM 1 teaser at the end?

2. Hulk has been a little bit of a mess in the MCU. 2003 Ang Lee Hulk was standalone but 2008 Hulk is somehow a sequel to 2003 Hulk even though 2003 Hulk is in no way shape or form connected to the MCU. But yet the opening of 2008 Hulk, if I'd never seen 2003 Hulk, I'd be a little confused as to why Bruce is in Brazil. They should have treated it as a brand new origin instead of a quasi sequel. Plus from 2003-2012, you have three different actors playing Bruce. He should have a standalone film. It's about time.

3. Based on the Marvel Studios trailers for the Loki What If and Falcon and Winter Soldier I'm really excited about the future of the MCU and where we go from here. It really is a shame that COVID put the brakes on the momentum with the Black Widow and Eternals movies. I hope they make bank back as, a long delay could hurt the box office hopes. I wonder how Chadwick Boseman's death affected the MCU future. It seems like we were building up to BP being the leader of the Avengers team going forward, now it's anyone's guess. And I'm sure Marvel is trying to figure out who will be the team leader. Plus it seems Chadwick is voicing in the What If series, which makes the transition to a new continuity a little awkward.
    1. This was addressed in the Marvel One Shot called 'The Consultant'. Ross wanted to put the Abomination on Avengers so Sitwell and Coulson hatched a plan to send in Tony to sabotage the whole thing so Ross would be put off by the idea.

2. I haven't seen Ang Lee's Hulk. I managed to enjoy Norton's Hulk just fine. The connections between the two is ambiguous but at this point, I think we can call the IH movie it's own thing unconnected to Ang Lee's Hulk. The IH is definitely MCU canon even if there are some rights issues between Marvel and Universal. The MCU has referenced events from the movie, Ross returned in Captain America and Tim Roth is coming back in the She Hulk show.

3. Coogler is working on BP2, sadly no recasts and they are also doing a series focused on Wakanda. What If will be Chadwick's last MCU perfomance so yeah, keep the tissues nearby. We'll have to wait and see what happens to BP and Marvel going forward. Last I heard, they have about 3 weeks to decide whether they are doing a hybrid release or just a theatrical release of BW.

the only cog in the machine that makes the MCU work? I mean, God forbid something happened to him, I hope not, but could they appoint someone who can run it like he does? It's such a well oiled assembly line machine at this point. I hope he's not the only key holding it together.
    Marvel Studios is run by the 'Marvel Parliament' which consists of Fiege and a team of producers and each producer is the head of each franchise. Fiege does PR and all projects begin in Fiege's head.

Fiege does what a good editor or EIC is supposed to do, which is understand your characters and settings then put the right people on the right 'books' and give them all the funding and resources needed to tell their stories. We are lucky to have these movies and shows, only time will tell how long this will last. I hope they can at least hold out till phase 7 or 8 at least.

Iron Man wasn't the hit that it was? And by less of a hit not a flop more like a modest success or breaking even. Would that have been the first and last try for a Marvel shared universe?
    They got a huge loan from a bank and the IP was collateral. Marvel was on the verge of bankruptcy during that time. If IM failed, Marvel would have lost IM as an IP. I think they would have lost a bunch of other IP's like Dr Strange as well but I'm not sure if their fates were tied with IM as well. Either way, we are very lucky that the movie was a hit.

Mighty Member

I hope they can at least hold out till phase 7 or 8 at least.

7 or 8? I'm hoping 25 and 26

I think for the very reason you said, because it's been done twice. I suspect the most we'll get is some dialogue here and there giving more details.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think for the very reason you said, because it's been done twice. I suspect the most we'll get is some dialogue here and there giving more details.
    Agreed. It doesn't need rehashing any more than we need another gunning down of the Waynes, or another evacuation from Krypton.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Agreed. It doesn't need rehashing any more than we need another gunning down of the Waynes, or another evacuation from Krypton.
    Truth. There is no need to rehash it again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Truth. There is no need to rehash it again and again.
    I agree but also some dialogue giving some idea of how Uncle Ben impacted Peters life. I mean Peter was desperate for a father figure and grasped onto Tony with both hands. And then Mysterio took advantage of Peters needs for this. Just some dialogue about Uncle Ben would be nice. It's not needed though.

Mighty Member

Default Loki release date June 11?

I thought we were getting this one in May? I wonder why it's delayed till middle of June? I mean it's fine, but I wonder if this is a little tell with what they're going to do with BW

I thought we were getting this one in May? I wonder why it's delayed till middle of June? I mean it's fine, but I wonder if this is a little tell with what they're going to do with BW
    Probably to space things out. I think The bad batch comes out in May, Might Ducks, and High School musical come out in April ans will probably still be running into May. Disney+ finally getting rolling but they still need to space things out. They don't have enough new content yet. So I don't know why they moved it back but I'm guessing to space things out better. Bad Batch probably the biggest factor. Anyway just means less time between when Loki ends and the next show(Ms Marvel is think and then Hawkeye at the end of the year.. I could be wrong)

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

1. So, I noticed a little continuity goof in Hulk 2008 IM 1 and IM 2. The teaser at the end of Hulk shows Tony trying to recruit Bruce to the Avengers, as they're attempting to start up. But in IM 2, Tony is shown telling Nick Fury that he didn't want to join his "little boys club." So, why is he trying to recruit Bruce when he refused after the IM 1 teaser at the end?

2. Hulk has been a little bit of a mess in the MCU. 2003 Ang Lee Hulk was standalone but 2008 Hulk is somehow a sequel to 2003 Hulk even though 2003 Hulk is in no way shape or form connected to the MCU. But yet the opening of 2008 Hulk, if I'd never seen 2003 Hulk, I'd be a little confused as to why Bruce is in Brazil. They should have treated it as a brand new origin instead of a quasi sequel. Plus from 2003-2012, you have three different actors playing Bruce. He should have a standalone film. It's about time.

3. Based on the Marvel Studios trailers for the Loki What If and Falcon and Winter Soldier I'm really excited about the future of the MCU and where we go from here. It really is a shame that COVID put the brakes on the momentum with the Black Widow and Eternals movies. I hope they make bank back as, a long delay could hurt the box office hopes. I wonder how Chadwick Boseman's death affected the MCU future. It seems like we were building up to BP being the leader of the Avengers team going forward, now it's anyone's guess. And I'm sure Marvel is trying to figure out who will be the team leader. Plus it seems Chadwick is voicing in the What If series, which makes the transition to a new continuity a little awkward.
    1. Any comic book tie-ins not withstanding since their canonical status is questionable, since Iron Man 2 was released after Incredible Hulk you can rectify this by saying both films' events are taking place almost concurrently, and the scene with Tony & Ross happened right after the events of Iron Man 2.

2. IH is not a sequel to Hulk. It was intended to be which is why it begins in Brazil but it was rewritten to be a reboot instead. As far as why we haven't gotten another Hulk standalone movie, there are some rights issues involving Universal Studios in addition to both Hulk & IH underperforming at the box office.

3. It'll be interesting to see how all of Cinema responds to Covid-19, not just Disney/Marvel. My hunch is as soon as humanly possible they will start again with theatrical releases.

Mighty Member

Default Tarantino Scorsese, Nicolas Cage Kevin Feige MCU

With Martin Scorsese, I know he won't direct in the MCU, but if he did, the only property I feel that would be the closest to his wheelhouse would be the Punisher. Or Daredevil since they deal mostly with mobster types. It'd be interesting to see how he photographs Hell's Kitchen.

I think Tarantino would be perfect for the MCU. He's a huge comic fan from what I've read. I'm surprised he hasn't been asked. But, he's only got one more movie in him or so he says.

Likewise, I'm shocked Nicolas Cage hasn't been asked. He loves comics as well. Even his name was from Luke Cage. I'm guessing because he played Ghost Rider already that's why he's not on the table. But this would be a great comeback vehicle for him.

Sebastian Stan asked Feige when he would direct an MCU movie. Feige said for the moment not right now. But I would love to see him step into the director's chair.

Scorsese is not a Mob film only director. Hugo, After Hours, Shutter Island, The Aviaror, Silence, Last Temptation...and many music documentaries.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!