Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

So... will Diana become the North Star of Heroism, or some sort of Goddess of Superheroes ?

I really like her look on Infinite Frontier cover with the Specter but I'm a little confused. I don't think she'll die at the end of Death Metal but I'd like to know what happens to her. At least it explains why she isn't in a team book for the moment, even if I guess she'll return to the normal univrse sooner rather than later. And please DC, let her keeps whatever power upgrades she'll have had this time !

Some sort of Goddess of Superheroes would fit with the latest Death Metal Issue imo. What we are seeing now fits well with Immortal WW, so I too am assuming it'll be one or two arcs that'll deal specifically with the godsphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So... will Diana become the North Star of Heroism, or some sort of Goddess of Superheroes ?

I really like her look on Infinite Frontier cover with the Specter but I'm a little confused. I don't think she'll die at the end of Death Metal but I'd like to know what happens to her. At least it explains why she isn't in a team book for the moment, even if I guess she'll return to the normal univrse sooner rather than later. And please DC, let her keeps whatever power upgrades she'll have had this time !
    Her new look feels like a fusion of these two characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her new look feels like a fusion of these two characters:

If they added some gold to where it usually is on her regular outfits (tiara/headpiece, chest piece, belt, etc) I think I'd like it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If they added some gold to where it usually is on her regular outfits (tiara/headpiece, chest piece, belt, etc) I think I'd like it more.
    I think maybe if it was a more streamlined take on the Golden Eagle armor (timely because of the movie) it would look more Diana than it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think maybe if it was a more streamlined take on the Golden Eagle armor (timely because of the movie) it would look more Diana than it does now.
    Ditch the wings and Eagle helmet in favor of just a tiara and that wouldn’t be bad actually.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

A hint of PJ's Angela redesign in there:

Angela.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Patty has talked about wanting to do an Amazon film but nothing has been greenlit and it's likely all of this will likely disappear by the time such a film even comes out sadly.
    https://nerdist.com/article/wonder-w...n-off-amazons/
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    One thing with WB, if it isnt in active production, it could disappear tomorrow. Esp with no one but herself and Geoff onboard, I wont have faith until I see it move further.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Did not read Death Metal; no interest in anything dark or death for the most part. If this means an extended absence for Diana of Themiscyra, my interest in DC will collapse once more, as it has in the past. Time was that I would have cared more; that time has passed.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So Diana is Sif meets Scarlet Witch now? I really like the design, but not for Wonder Woman.

Still, I'm interested to see where Diana is going to be in 2021 and I'm pulling Wonder Woman again for the first time in a while. Gotta count for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    A hint of PJ's Angela redesign in there:

Angela.jpg
    One could argue Angela was ripping off the Golden Eagle armor .

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfBaldwin View Post
    What also explains Hippolyta, as well as Black Adam and Naomi, being on the Justice League is the upcoming BLACK ADAM, and THE AMAZONS films, and the NAOMI tv series.

This new DC is all about brand awareness and brand synergy.
    As I was saying:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/27/b...es-movies.html

For various reasons, including creative misfires and management turnover at DC Films (Mr. Hamada took over in 2018), Warner Bros. has badly trailed Disney-owned Marvel at the box office. Over the last decade, Warner Bros. has generated $8 billion in worldwide superhero ticket sales, including $36 million from “Wonder Woman 1984” over the weekend; Marvel has taken in $20.6 billion.

Suffice it to say, Warner Bros., which invented the big-budget superhero movie in 1978 with “Superman,” has been under pressure to get its act together.

Disney has succeeded in part because its divisions collaborate in a way that siloed Warner Bros. never has. But that is changing. AT&T mandated greater cross-company synergy when it took over WarnerMedia in 2018.

“In the past, we were so secretive,” Mr. Hamada said. “It was shocking to me, for example, how few people at the company were actually allowed to read scripts for the movies we are making.”
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

Extraordinary Member

Newsarama: How DC Universe will change with Infinite Frontier, according to one of its writers
    With the spine story - I'm actually writing four chapters of the Infinite Frontier special. The main story, the spine story, is Wonder Woman and Spectre. It takes place immediately after Dark Nights: Death Metal #7. So, it's what happens to Wonder Woman after that scene. She's on her way to ascend as she gets stopped by the Quintessence and they offer her a position to be with them. But if you remember at the end of issue seven, she was warned by the presence of the hand and the other side of the Source Wall. She was warned that because of all the things they were going to do at the end of Death Metal to restart the multiverse and make it infinite, there was going to be some kind of cost.

Before she agrees to keep ascending, she's like 'I have to know what that cost is. I have to know what is out there that was the cost.' So, the Spectre offers to take her on a journey to try and find what that cost is, and that's what takes us across the DCU and all these different chapters that were done by different creators, we go through the other chapters that I wrote.

hmmm, I'm a little iffy on this. On one hand, it's cool Diana is getting more attention. On the other hand, I don't really want her "ascend" and become one of these...Quintessence things...

But from reading her #770 solicitation it doesn't sound like she will stay with them.