Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    hmmm, I'm a little iffy on this. On one hand, it's cool Diana is getting more attention. On the other hand, I don't really want her "ascend" and become one of these...Quintessence things...

But from reading her #770 solicitation it doesn't sound like she will stay with them.
    The Quintessence consists of: Ganthet, Highfather, Shazam (the wizard, not Billy Batson), Hera (replacing Zeus from the version Waid introduced in Kingdom Come), the Phantom Stranger and the Spectre.

Panel from Infinite Frontier #0:

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...18822483984384

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Quintessence consists of: Ganthet, Highfather, Shazam (the wizard, not Billy Batson), Hera (replacing Zeus from the version Waid introduced in Kingdom Come), the Phantom Stranger and the Spectre.

[/IMG]
    I love that the DC universe is full of all those unique characters that have their own creative designs and dynamics, and names. Dc has so many amazing concepts portrayed in there. But then they put a damn Zeus in there. That to me is the problem woth the Amazons being tied into Greek Mythology in a way they weren't even within Greek Mythology. They shouldn't have been created by the Greek Gods and their world should be populatdd with magical creatures and magic and epic history that has nothing to do with real mythology. Diana isn't Thor, she is a unique character. And the amazons aren't nything like the amazons from Greek Mythology. Just let them be separate.

Panel from Infinite Frontier #0:

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...18822483984384

Ah, so that’s where Snyder got that from.

I wonder if she will actually become more powerful from this or if it's just a title she's getting, or maybe getting some new equipment that allows her to better do the new job she will be taking up.

What I'm most worried about is this event alienating her from her own supporting cast and rouge's gallery, although the Infinite Legends teaser gives me hope that's not the direction they are going in.

I’m assuming like the Goddess of Truth power up that this will be temporary and Diana will be back to normal soon enough.

Extraordinary Member

Shot of Diana's new look in the background here, page is from the Superman story in Infinite Frontier #0:

Shot of Diana's new look in the background here, page is from the Superman story in Infinite Frontier #0:

So is the Wonder Woman portion of this issue be all Yara since Diana will be the narrator or split between her and Diana?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    So is the Wonder Woman portion of this issue be all Yara since Diana will be the narrator or split between her and Diana?
    Yara would be in the Wonder Girl story, the Wonder Woman story is either going to be Diana or possibly Nubia, based off the choice of artist.

Incredible Member

Do we know yet if she'll still have the lasso? Or was the lasso destroyed at the end of Death Metal, essentially? I just realized that I haven't seen the lasso in any of the images post-Future State.

Good point - Hippolyta doesn't have it on the Justice League covers either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Do we know yet if she'll still have the lasso? Or was the lasso destroyed at the end of Death Metal, essentially? I just realized that I haven't seen the lasso in any of the images post-Future State.
    Becky Cloonan said that Diana will be using the sword at the beginning if the main WW story (it sounded like the first story arc) so yup, she probably doesn't have it right now.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Random power ups that probably won't last, apparently no lasso, and the annoying sword still there. Could we ever see WW being powerful enough with her own powers again? And see her most iconic weapon be treated as such again?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Random power ups that probably won't last, apparently no lasso, and the annoying sword still there. Could we ever see WW being powerful enough with her own powers again? And see her most iconic weapon be treated as such again?
    I'm kinda hopeful.

"We start Diana off with a sword, but her lasso quickly comes into play. It becomes a big part of who she is in this story! We’ve got big plans for her and the lasso, so I think you’ll be psyched
    ( ꈍᴗꈍ) (I’m a fan of both Lasso Diana and Sword Diana and think there’s room for her to wield both haha!)"

This is what Becky Cloonan had to say. I would rather she just abandoned the sword, but if we at least get a good display of the lasso, I'll take it.
    Last edited by Alpha; 02-05-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm kinda hopeful.

"We start Diana off with a sword, but her lasso quickly comes into play. It becomes a big part of who she is in this story! We’ve got big plans for her and the lasso, so I think you’ll be psyched
    ( ꈍᴗꈍ) (I’m a fan of both Lasso Diana and Sword Diana and think there’s room for her to wield both haha!)"

This is what Becky Cloonan had to say. I would rather she just abandoned the sword, but if we at least get a good display of the lasso, I'll take it.
    Yara has a sword, s oI feel like now is the perfect time to ditch the sword to differentiate the two.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I'm kinda hopeful.

A lot of writers have given lip service. I will believe it when i see it