Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Shot of Diana's new look in the background here, page is from the Superman story in Infinite Frontier #0:

Ah, so they're going to use Diana as well as the Spectre to shill how super awesome it is move on from Clark.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I sure hope she's back as WONDER WOMAN soon. The whole ascension thing is dull stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I sure hope she's back as WONDER WOMAN soon. The whole ascension thing is dull stuff.
    Both Cloonan and Conrad in their AMA have indicated that they will be returning to the more traditional status quo soon, but it is something they have to work towards. My guess is the first two arcs will take place in the Sphere of the Gods before Diana returns home.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Both Cloonan and Conrad in their AMA have indicated that they will be returning to the more traditional status quo soon, but it is something they have to work towards. My guess is the first two arcs will take place in the Sphere of the Gods before Diana returns home.
    I'm there for that. Cloonan's book is about to rock.

Extraordinary Member

Preview for the Wonder Woman framing story in Infinite Frontier #0 is up: https://www.gamesradar.com/infinite-frontier-0-preview/

Those random white straps on Diana are just so silly.

Only reason I'm reading this is for Wonder Woman and the Spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Those random white straps on Diana are just so silly.

Only reason I'm reading this is for Wonder Woman and the Spectre.
    Same. Oh, and Yara!

Only breezed through most of Infinite Frontier as I wasn’t interested in reading Diana shill a bunch of characters I don’t care about. I thought the Wonder Woman portions were alright though didn’t care for the art.

This bit near the end was nice.

Only breezed through most of Infinite Frontier as I wasn’t interested in reading Diana shill a bunch of characters I don’t care about. I thought the Wonder Woman portions were alright though didn’t care for the art.

From greek to viking with a simple twirl .

Yeah, it's telling that 'Diana is the star of the event' basically means she'll narrate the thing. I'd actually like to know what she thinks of the possible futures and why she saw them but doesn't know about Yara. Eh, I guess it was just an abstracted 'see'.

The braids are cute. Didn't care all that much about the art either. Imo, it didn't quite fit at times but that spin was great, and whoever wrote that Jon bit captured her voice well. It's also good to see that she alone made the decision to not ascend.

Now that it's out, I hope they'll show the preview for #770 soon. I'm dying to see Moore's interior art.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Yeah, it's telling that 'Diana is the star of the event' basically means she'll narrate the thing. I'd actually like to know what she thinks of the possible futures and why she saw them but doesn't know about Yara. Eh, I guess it was just an abstracted 'see'.

The braids are cute. Didn't care all that much about the art either. Imo, it didn't quite fit at times but that spin was great, and whoever wrote that Jon bit captured her voice well. It's also good to see that she alone made the decision to not ascend.

Now that it's out, I hope they'll show the preview for #770 soon. I'm dying to see Moore's interior art.
    Yeah, I was hoping Moore would draw the Diana portions to get teaser for his interiors.

I guess on the subject of art, Howard Porter still can't draw Diana to save his life.

I liked this a lot too.

I was also happily surprised that "Infinite Frontiers" positioned Diana as the proxy for the reader/DC's witness to all of the events that took place in the "Future Slate" books.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Ah, so they're going to use Diana as well as the Spectre to shill how super awesome it is move on from Clark.
    Who moves on from Clark? Diana or this annoying Jon?

I dropped all SUPERMAN titles post New 52. Have those books addressed whether Kal and Diana are even friends? Or is DC deliberately keeping the two characters apart (not including their appearances with other properties in JL and events titles)?

I don't think Superman and Wonder Woman have been "alone" and just with each other since Superdad became the "one true" Superman. Not even as mere platonic friends...

Oh by "moving on" I was inferring the push to make Jon Superman, not anything having to do with Diana and Clark. In regards to those two they're still friends techincally, but rarely have they ever been shown as such, nothing like their pre-FP friendship at least. They noticeably and intentionally have limited that for years now.

Just recently though, Immortal Wonder Woman #2 had some very tender stuff in the far future when she witnessed Superman dying stopping Darkseid. That's been the first time in forever either have been allowed to be written as having that love back even on a platonic level.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh by "moving on" I was inferring the push to make Jon Superman, not anything having to do with Diana and Clark. In regards to those two they're still friends techincally, but rarely have they ever been shown as such, nothing like their pre-FP friendship at least. They noticeably and intentionally have limited that for years now.

Just recently though, Immortal Wonder Woman #2 had some very tender stuff in the far future when she witnessed Superman dying stopping Darkseid. That's been the first time in forever either have been allowed to be written as having that love back even on a platonic level.
    I wouldn’t go that far, maybe it’s because it’s been only five or so years compared to Post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint 20 years but until like JLD if Diana was shown interacting with people outside her own book it’s Bruce or Clark.