Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How would they do "Red Son"? That Superman would have the same problems as Snyder's since it's not original Superman, was it like the "Red Daughter" arc in Supergirl?
    It would’ve been like Joker or Reeves The Batman, a separate standalone movie. Would’ve happily taken that over another Cavill film which we aren’t getting anyway (they rejected it because they still wanted to focus on the DCEU at the time).

Extraordinary Member

How’s about this:

Embrace Metropolis as a city that is beginning to experience an increase in otherworldly, hyper-advanced technology, like Apokiliptikan tech, Cadmus Labs, and perhaps even some quiets Kryptonian stuff that entered the world a couple of decades ago a bit like in Smallville (but done smarter)... and then have the Brainiac 13 virus explode on the scene and make it one that’s basically one step away from being a full on Cyber-punk world...

...And have that be part of the reason Superman’s in Metropolis in the first place.

Clark came to Metropolis because the combination of Intergang, Cadmus, and LexCorp made it a burgeoning mad scientist playground, and he hangs with Lois and Jimmy and works for the Planet in part because Lois really is just that good of an investigator and Jimmy is the local kid who can navigate the lower levels of the city. The B13 virus is basically Modern!Brainiac breaking one of its usual critical directives and calling for future reinforcement to get ahead of everyone else, and make the city one worthy of Superman’s adventures.

...And I would *still* maintain some down-to-earth elements through the characters; have Clark be a better writer if a poorer investigator who wants to talk to and investigate the people being left behind and exploited by the changes, and have everyone treat the technological evolution as the insane and problematic if opportunistic event it is.

.....Aaaaaaaamd maybe have Lex portrayed as that human most capable of adapting to all the technological changes.

Keep
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think Cavill is fine enough, he could be more fun with the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think Cavill is fine enough, he could be more fun with the opportunity.
    I’d be willing to give him a shot with a non-Snyder/Terrio team, but I see him as a mid actor. With a great script he can do well, but he’s never going to win an Oscar for his acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I agree but I think Cavill will be sticking around. Whether he gets his own movie is up for debate. At this point let Snyder makes his JL stuff with Cavill which will be awful, and WB hire someone like Reeves to take over Superman and reboot him.
    Idk what's taking EB so long to decide what to do with him. Either let him go or give him his follow up

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Idk what's taking EB so long to decide what to do with him. Either let him go or give him his follow up
    Probably waiting to see how the Snyder Cut is received, but even then I think it’s a given that they’ll give Snyder more DC projects.

Probably waiting to see how the Snyder Cut is received, but even then I think it’s a given that they’ll give Snyder more DC projects.
    F*ck NO. Keep that edgelord AWAY from Superman. He has done more damage than good.

BANNED

Bring on cyberpunk Metropolis.

F*ck NO. Keep that edgelord AWAY from Superman. He has done more damage than good.
    I agree but that’s where I see it going. They’re just not interested right now in letting other people do something with Supes.

I could see Snyder getting more work with all the money their putting into that damn Snyder cut, but I'm not really seeing it being Superman right now, Cavill or otherwise. I indeed think Cavill is done becuase I think WB is done with him in movies for a good while. I just haven't really seen any indication at least that they're receptive to Superman anymore right now, certainly not Cavill but not Kal-El/Clark altogether.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I could see Snyder getting more work with all the money their putting into that damn Snyder cut, but I'm not really seeing it being Superman right now, Cavill or otherwise. I indeed think Cavill is done becuase I think WB is done with him in movies for a good while. I just haven't really seen any indication at least that they're receptive to Superman anymore right now, certainly not Cavill but not Kal-El/Clark altogether.
    The only thing Snyder would want is JL, Superman, or maybe Batman. If he’s doing JL S2 or whatever then Cavill will be back.

Astonishing Member

The only thing Snyder would want is JL, Superman, or maybe Batman. If he’s doing JL S2 or whatever then Cavill will be back.
    Cavill won't be happy about that, he's said he didn't like that Superman. Not that it's going to happen.

Absolutely yes! the weirder and more spectacle the better! Mongul is cool, but I say go all out and use Darkseid and the fourth world!

I don't want him to touch Superman again. He shouldn't hienstly. Idk about Cavill anymore tbh. I feel like Superman needs a reboot or something. But they should do a fun movie before the 2deep4u stuff

I don't want him to touch Superman again. He shouldn't hienstly. Idk about Cavill anymore tbh. I feel like Superman needs a reboot or something. But they should do a fun movie before the 2deep4u stuff
    I feel the same but it’s happening nonetheless. The amount of money they’re sinking into his Cut clearly signals that they’re thinking about having him take over the DCEU again. It would mean zero chances of a good Superman movie until 2030 when Snyder’s DCEU will be over, but that’s sadly the state of things.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Absolutely yes! the weirder and more spectacle the better! Mongul is cool, but I say go all out and use Darkseid and the fourth world!
    Imagine a loose adaption of Kirby’s Superman stuff. Would never happen, Darkseid is exclusively a JL bad guy these days, but it would be cool.