All-New Member

Default Comic book podcast co-host

Hello all, strap in for somewhat of a weird request (that I'm not even sure I'm allowed to post here so please forgive me mods if that's the case). For a while now I have been hosting a tiny podcast in my spare time, where monthly I go through the trade paperback I am currently reading (working my way through Fraction's Hawkeye right now) and lay out the story, give my opinions on the plot, the art etc. When I started I wanted it to be more often than monthly, but I am a PhD student and my commitments to that meant that one trade a month was all I can manage (reading lots of scientific papers really dulls one's want to read anything).

However... I'm in my second year of my PhD right now and things are pretty busy. The podcast goes live on the 19th of every month and I haven't even touched what I wanted to read for this episode. Additionally, I have been struggling with keeping up the momentum when it is just me talking for 30 minutes. And so the request... I write this asking whether anyone in this community has an interest in reading comics, and would want to come on board as a co-host with me. I realise that it might sound like I hate doing it from what I have written above, but it is the opposite and I don't want to see it die just because I can't find the time. I have attached a link to the podcast below, if anyone wants to actually hear it.

If this sounds like it could be someone's cup of tea do let yourself be known, send me a DM, and hopefully we can discuss something and see what happens.

https://play.acast.com/s/phd-student-reads

And thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

All-New Member

I'd be interested in participating in this, I think it'd be pretty cool. I've never done a podcast before but I'm sure it'd be fun to do.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by DazzlingKate View Post
    I'd be interested in participating in this, I think it'd be pretty cool. I've never done a podcast before but I'm sure it'd be fun to do.
    Yeah? That is fantastic - let's get talking, see if we click, and take it from there. Do you have Twitter? You can follow the show @PhdReads and message me there?

All-New Member

Kate, I found you (I hope) so hopefully a dialogue can begin! I look forward to chatting with you in the future.