Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cthulhu vs KITT

Default Cthulhu vs KITT

Cthulhu vs KITT

Umm... wut?

Only in Rumbles... o_0

Oh. Well, I guess if you dropped KITT off the side of a boat onto Cthulhu’s head it could put him to sleep, but in the arena?

I guess even though he’s otherwise basically featless, Cthulhu is big and heavy and could sit on KITT, screwing its suspension and axles and keeping it down for a ten-count.

Otherwise you’re talking about KITT driving into Cthulhu’s shins and probably hurting him a bit.

I mean I’m not really sure where else to go with this one.

I think Cthulhu is better suited to posting in Rumbles like usual
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think Cthulhu is better suited to posting in Rumbles like usual
    Dude, have you READ his posts?!

He’s not suited to that at all.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Even in the water, KITT had a feature built in that let him drive on water by hydroplaning and it was never removed as far as it goes. 'Thu doesn't have resistance to lasers or to cars launching through his chest at a couple of hundred miles per hour. It's not looking good for Cthulhu here, since, as far as I can tell, he's got nothing at all he can do to a basically-indestructible car. At worst it's a stalemate.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ultimate Member

Such a random battle, I think our resident C'thulu would be in a better position to address this.

It's a car with sapience right?

If so, does it have any mental resistance?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Cthulhu took a direct hit from a steamboat moving at full steam (which does not sound super-impressive in the 21st century), got splatted, and then regenerated. But how fast was his regeneration? Can it stop hit from taking a 10-count after getting hit by a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Cthulhu took a direct hit from a steamboat moving at full steam (which does not sound super-impressive in the 21st century), got splatted, and then regenerated. But how fast was his regeneration? Can it stop hit from taking a 10-count after getting hit by a car?
    Obviously not. Therefore, Cthulhu fails again, as it is forever written.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Eh, I'd want to see feats for 'Thu affecting an AI more than feats for KITT resisting something that's only ever applied to flesh and blood people.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Basically...

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Eh, I'd want to see feats for 'Thu affecting an AI more than feats for KITT resisting something that's only ever applied to flesh and blood people.
    ...this.

Have you ever brain-washed a computer, Squid-Lips?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Basically...

...this.

Have you ever brain-washed a computer, Squid-Lips?
    Sure.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Cthulhu's mind whammies don't even have 100 percent effectiveness on humans. They work best on artsy types, work least on blue collar joes, and Scientist types fall in the middle. Where does KITT fall on that spectrum.

Side note: Does Kitt have any means of diving under the water? Because Cthulhu's psychic powers don't work through water.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Cthulhu's mind whammies don't even have 100 percent effectiveness on humans. They work best on artsy types, work least on blue collar joes, and Scientist types fall in the middle. Where does KITT fall on that spectrum.

Side note: Does Kitt have any means of diving under the water? Because Cthulhu's psychic powers don't work through water.
    The Cthulu mythology was definitely written to have creatures that are terrifying to normal humans and some of them can overcome it though maybe not without lasting trauma. But, when you get into beings with superhuman will or that are simply incapable of fear, it's another story.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The Cthulu mythology was definitely written to have creatures that are terrifying to normal humans and some of them can overcome it though maybe not without lasting trauma. But, when you get into beings with superhuman will or that are simply incapable of fear, it's another story.
    Yea for the most part the mental issues tended to only happen post encounter, with suicide following at some point afterwards.

But I like the idea of being able to turn a car into an acolyte so let me have it.

Arx Inosaan