BANNED

Default How Would Well Would Flash's Rogues Hold Up Against Superman?

Only the yellow speedster and Grodd provides a longer than one second fight.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I think Mirror Master, Grodd and Reverse Flash would provide a few headaches.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

^^^yeah.

Even the lower powered rogues (Capt. Cold, Trickster, Top) would provide headaches, same as Superman’s own lower powered rogues (Luthor, Prankster, Toyman). This isn’t a battle board thread, so I’m assuming everyone’s in character, and in character, the l villains who don’t match up physically work around Superman and Flash via distractions and collateral damage etc. and the heroes aren’t trying to rip anyone’s head off.

I’d also like to add Weather Wizard, Abra Kadabra, and The Turtle (not pictured in the OP) to Mirror Master, Grodd and Reverse Flash.

only Mirror Master and Zoom could provide truly worthy challenges, Zoom especially. If you want to throw in kryptonite or some big weakness then the others could as well. Otherwise, they'd be on Toyman level at best or like an episodic villain from Superman TAS
    The J-man

He beats them nearly all together as a group, Individually he smashes on them just like Flash does. Flash rogues gallery is horrible matches up for Flash much less a guy who has swiss army knife of superpower abilities and is nearly as fast flash. Superman has range with stuff like Heatvision and cold breath does not need to get close to guys like Captian Cold, Grodd or Turtle.

A better question is how does Batman do against Flash's Rogue Gallery and the answer is almost everyone individually except one or two is an interesting fights/match ups.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 12-20-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Zoom would curb Batman with little effort
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Only the yellow speedster and Grodd provides a longer than one second fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I think Mirror Master, Grodd and Reverse Flash would provide a few headaches.
    Alot of them would be one shot including Grodd Superman has dealt with superior telepaths with superior physicals.
    9A1765E3-9698-41A4-ADC4-6493843D484A.jpg

The only person he really hasn’t dealt with like beaten on a one on one with some superior stat or power would be Zoom, Reverse Flash, newer rendition of Turtle off the top of my head.

Weather Wizard would be one shot too. Mirror Master might prove challenging

Astonishing Member

Superman literally can't do anything to Mirror Master. I mean you could always make up a new power, obviously, but in a vacuum Superman doesn't have any transdimensional abilities like The Flash and even The Flash rarely can actually capture Mirror Master.

Abra Kadabra not only would be a challenge for Superman, he has outright beaten Superman before. Helplessly making him and Jay race after Wally.

Thawne is obviously a problem for anyone. Zoom has beaten Superman before.

Bendis wrote Superman as basically super-speeding a lot of Flash's Rogues Gallery into Iron Heights without much effort. But Bendis writes a lot of situations where heroes casually take out villains without much effort, even when they would require at least a modicum of effort.

I think an organized Rogues with a plan for taking out Superman could probably hold their own.

I think Golden Glider would give Supes as much trouble as Red Cloud recently has, but I forget what Lisa's exact powerset is now.

Mighty Member

Being magical, Abra Cadabra could pose a problem for Superman, (the other challenges have been mentioned)

Overall, the traditional rogues wouldn't provide much of challenge, they're more blue collar criminals that have a vested interested in steering clear of big blue.

Captain Cold and crew are more about robbing banks than plotting world domination.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Weather Wizard, the Top, and Golden Glider could give Supes a run for his money.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Golden Glider would give Supes as much trouble as Red Cloud recently has, but I forget what Lisa's exact powerset is now.
    Astral plane projection, and related psi-abilities.