Default Would Anyone Like To See Supergiant Make A Wonder Woman Game?

For those not familiar, Supergiant is the video game developer and publisher behind Hades, a "roguelike action role-playing game" which stars Zagrues, the son of Hades.

The game has gotten quite a great deal of positive reception. I think they could do something good with Wonder Woman. Even if they'd likely use the Zeus origin which I don't care for.

Incredible Member

I haven't played this game, but based solely on the look from the video you posted, I'll say no. I'd much rather Wonder Woman get a story-driven action-adventure game like Spiderman or Batman: Arham Asylum. I also have no interest in anything that would mostly depict Wonder Woman's mythological world without exploring her superhero world.

I'm not really into roguelike games. I think Diana deserves something more akin to God of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not really into roguelike games. I think Diana deserves something more akin to God of War.
    I see this requested a lot, but there are some issues in my opinion. The violence would have to be severely reduced (I do NOT want to see Diana causing her enemies to spurt blood from them). And if you have too much focus on the Greek Mythology, then the game just becomes a ripoff of the GoW series.

A third person adventure game would be great, though. Exploring Themyscira, Doom's Doorway, and Olympus while also traversing Boston or Gateway City would be optimal, with Diana showing compassion to her enemies rather than ripping their arms off and having them explode in a shower of blood like Kratos. I'd love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I see this requested a lot, but there are some issues in my opinion. The violence would have to be severely reduced (I do NOT want to see Diana causing her enemies to spurt blood from them). And if you have too much focus on the Greek Mythology, then the game just becomes a ripoff of the GoW series.

A third person adventure game would be great, though. Exploring Themyscira, Doom's Doorway, and Olympus while also traversing Boston or Gateway City would be optimal, with Diana showing compassion to her enemies rather than ripping their arms off and having them explode in a shower of blood like Kratos. I'd love that.
    I agree the whole OTT violence of the GoW games wouldn't fit a Wonder Woman game but I think Kratos' chain weapons would at least a good basis on how to use the lasso in a game.

I know it's super obscure but there was a Xena game in the PSX era where you could throw her chakram and control it and I think that would be fabulous for Diana's tiara.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I agree the whole OTT violence of the GoW games wouldn't fit a Wonder Woman game but I think Kratos' chain weapons would at least a good basis on how to use the lasso in a game.
    I actually really like the way parries are used in GoW, and I would love to see Diana's bracers used in similar ways. I think the 2 Wonder Woman films (I haven't watched 1984 yet, but just from what I've seen in the trailers) both show some dynamic ways the lasso can be used for combat, traversal, and platforming that I would love to see in a video game. The tiara could also be used like the ax for puzzles.

Personally, I would like for it to have some elements of Spider-Man because I would love some Diana Prince sections where she has to do some investigations with the lasso.

I would love something akin to Breath of the Wild with a flight mechanic.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor