Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Batwoman (original ) is a favorite.

Probably part nostalgia, but I have always preferred the original Kathy Kane Batwoman. I really enjoyed her return to action in BATMAN FAMILY and her appearance with Barbara Batgirl in the original FREEDOM FIGHTERS series. And I was irritated when she was slaughtered by Bronze Tiger in a story in DETECTIVE COMICS. Didn’t see the sense of that.

Kathy ( and Betty as Bat-Girl) were a lighter side of the Bat family.

Given the chance, I’d create a DC world of my favorite versions of all characters.

Given the chance, I’d create a DC world of my favorite versions of all characters.
    Wouldn't we all? While Kathy and Betty don't do anything for me, there are certainly others I feel that way about.

Incredible Member

I also love Kathy and Betty and I really wish DC would utilize them
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Well, in the '60s Kathy and Betty provided a lighter view of it all.

Years later I saw a panel from a story where Batman sees Kathy's ghost, and that actually is the image I like most. Years later, Morrison indicated that the older Kathy was (at least in the beginning?) the love of Bruce's life. I find that incredibly sweet and romantic.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Well, in the '60s Kathy and Betty provided a lighter view of it all.

Years later I saw a panel from a story where Batman sees Kathy's ghost, and that actually is the image I like most. Years later, Morrison indicated that the older Kathy was (at least in the beginning?) the love of Bruce's life. I find that incredibly sweet and romantic.
    i think kathy was one of bruce's first major loves
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

I think the story/panel I referenced; Batman seeing her ghost, is part of a Justice League story from maybe 20 years or so ago.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all