Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I want to see Krakoa flourish tbh.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Mutant Olympics, Krakoans deserve some much needed downtime.
    They spend all of their time dancing and having orgies. All the time they have is down.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That would be a good team. Or Namorita or Namor on the council, after reading your post i realized there is not one aquatic based mutant on the council so how would the council know what they are going through on a day to day basis and as we have seen that face many threats and the biggest so far from Krakoa itself via the tumors.

I sometimes wonder if there are like undiscovered mutants in the sea as well. If you think about it there may even already be some untold mutant civilization that was branched off from Apocalypse times just waiting to be reunited with their family. Obviously the genes of namor people is very mutant receptive so it wouldn't surprise me the source of all evolution, the ocean would have many mutants down there.

It would be cool if krakoa branched out underwater and made structures similar to Atlantis etc since it should be more than capable.
    The quiet council seems to not know much about what is happening in all its habitats, The New Mutants had to write a letter to them about the kids getting restless. They pay attention to the grander scheme of things rather than whats rlly happening on the islands. They need mutants on the council who are in tune with the people's needs. Namor being on the council not only helps us explore the underwater mutant world but gives Krakoa full domain of the Earth's oceans/seas. Not to mention Atlanteans are a branch of humanity that mutated, cerebra eas able to detect them and there have been mutants observed in that branch of species.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    The integration of the Arakkii mutants, and the recolonization of Genosha.
    Love this. I would love to see a book about mutants from Arrako.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    The quiet council seems to not know much about what is happening in all its habitats, The New Mutants had to write a letter to them about the kids getting restless. They pay attention to the grander scheme of things rather than whats rlly happening on the islands. They need mutants on the council who are in tune with the people's needs. Namor being on the council not only helps us explore the underwater mutant world but gives Krakoa full domain of the Earth's oceans/seas. Not to mention Atlanteans are a branch of humanity that mutated, cerebra eas able to detect them and there have been mutants observed in that branch of species.
    Definitely. They do seem to focus on the grander scheme of things which does make sense at the beginning of a nation so hopefully reign of x will do something to address this. You can't successfully reign if you don't even know your people. Namor at this point, would even have to agree Xavier made something and did what he said so i have been waiting with baited breath for him to join or some representative on his behalf. A civilization not based on technology and instead of natural resources including mutant sounds like a dream come true to save the oceans imo. We have already seen iceman addressing global warming in Marauders so they are def doing their part.

I'm actually kind of surprised there hasn't been a town hall or something. We have no idea how the average mutant connects with or speaks their grievances to the council. So far we have only seen known x-men have that kind of access.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    They spend all of their time dancing and having orgies. All the time they have is down.
    That sounds like it'd get boring.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I want to see Krakoa flourish tbh.
    Yeah. I'm nowhere even close to being tired of this setup yet. I do see huge potential for it to flame out spectacularly. But I sure don't want it to be today! There's still a ton of gas in the tank. I'm not ready to get off the boat yet.

And even if *this* particular iteration of Krakoa goes pear-shaped, that doesn't mean that the whole idea needs to be scrapped and everyone back at the mansion, back to the Morlock tunnels or scattered around the world.

I think the *idea* of Krakoa is now bigger than just any (or all!) of the Quiet Council, or even the island itself, and it could easily outlive them all.

(Magma alone could perhaps call up a new island from the depths of the sea, and definitely with dozens of other mutants with relevant powers (like Petra and Rictor, and mutant power enhancers like Chance and Cortez) helping, if they ever need a replacement because Krakoa has left for space or died or whatever. And the current replacement Quiet Council thread suggests that the mutant population is *hardly* lacking for potential leaders... A mutant nation calling itself 'Krakoa' could be a going concern 1000 years from now, long after all these people are dead, and even if the island itself is no more!)

That all said, the big messy drama-lover in me doesn't want it to be easy. :>
    Last edited by Sutekh; 12-27-2020 at 10:29 PM.

I suspect Krakoa itself will survive for about four more years. Expect at least one civil war to happen before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah. I'm nowhere even close to being tired of this setup yet. I do see huge potential for it to flame out spectacularly. But I sure don't want it to be today! There's still a ton of gas in the tank. I'm not ready to get off the boat yet.

And even if *this* particular iteration of Krakoa goes pear-shaped, that doesn't mean that the whole idea needs to be scrapped and everyone back at the mansion, back to the Morlock tunnels or scattered around the world.

I think the *idea* of Krakoa is now bigger than just any (or all!) of the Quiet Council, or even the island itself, and it could easily outlive them all.

(Magma alone could perhaps call up a new island from the depths of the sea, and definitely with dozens of other mutants with relevant powers (like Petra and Rictor, and mutant power enhancers like Chance and Cortez) helping, if they ever need a replacement because Krakoa has left for space or died or whatever. And the current replacement Quiet Council thread suggests that the mutant population is *hardly* lacking for potential leaders... A mutant nation calling itself 'Krakoa' could be a going concern 1000 years from now, long after all these people are dead, and even if the island itself is no more!)

That all said, the big messy drama-lover in me doesn't want it to be easy. :>
    I couldn’t even imagine what could possibly replace krakoa which would be more interesting than krakoa. I would be happy for them to stay there for at least a decade or longer

Spectacular Member

I would like to see a book, in which we see the day to day of Krakoa. Where we see the council deliberating and making decisions and then see those decisions work out , or not work out and we see more of the crucible and more mutant culture and religion and more interactions between "former" villains and others. these things together with the resurrection protocols are clearly the biggest difference of this new HoxPox era compared to the old "mansion era", yet we only smidgenly see it. And I would like to see more of Bishop. He is one of the captains, but what does he even do??? And a cool " new" set of villains would be the exemplars. They have the power to take on whole teams of x-men and their reason for attacking Krakoa would be sort of logic, seeing how The mutants are now being worshipped by cults and the mutants have basically defeated death and proven themselves more powerful and popular then the deities that produced the exemplars.

Fantastic Member

A peace and order team, imagine its a whole nation ( and now that they added a new island arrako) it also compose of good and evil mutants and no one to watch or explore the other mutants living in that islands.
    I suggest a police team.
    There are ex X-titles mutant that currently free.
    Dazzler
    Madrox
    Strong Guy
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Husk
    Banshee

Go to: 1:06
    Not me... personally
    GrindrStone(D)

Genoshatown.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    A peace and order team, imagine its a whole nation ( and now that they added a new island arrako) it also compose of good and evil mutants and no one to watch or explore the other mutants living in that islands.
    I suggest a police team.
    There are ex X-titles mutant that currently free.
    Dazzler
    Madrox
    Strong Guy
    Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Husk
    Banshee
    This is a great concept. Mutant Policemen. Bishop has to be in it too. You could name the book xpd or krakoan central

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I would like to see a book, in which we see the day to day of Krakoa. Where we see the council deliberating and making decisions and then see those decisions work out , or not work out and we see more of the crucible and more mutant culture and religion and more interactions between "former" villains and others. these things together with the resurrection protocols are clearly the biggest difference of this new HoxPox era compared to the old "mansion era", yet we only smidgenly see it. And I would like to see more of Bishop. He is one of the captains, but what does he even do??? And a cool " new" set of villains would be the exemplars. They have the power to take on whole teams of x-men and their reason for attacking Krakoa would be sort of logic, seeing how The mutants are now being worshipped by cults and the mutants have basically defeated death and proven themselves more powerful and popular then the deities that produced the exemplars.
    this is a great concept too, call the book "krakoa"