Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Wonder Woman Headquarters

Do you think a base of operations like the batcave or the fortress of solitude would benefit Diana in and out-universe?

Personally,I find the concept cool,but not necessary

But I want to hear your opinions on the subject

Astonishing Member

I really like the embassy, complete with a teleporter for when Io and others need to lend a hand.

Other than that, who needs a cave when you have a whole island?

The embassy from Rucka’s run.

It wasn’t much noted upon but in a Trinity mini-series the Invisible Jet was depicted as being big enough to have stuff like an armory and other things.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Have her create an embassy on Crete, with a magic mirror to view and travel to Themyscira, and a teleporter to the Hall of Justice/Satellite. Then you could build a civilian cast besides military personnel, Etta, and Steve be her only supporting cast.

If they bring back the concept of Holliday Girls then her headquarters can be wherever they stay.

Kind of surprised they never made an effort to give her the Wonderdome back:

We're thinking about this, too hard. She doesn't need an embassy or a floating, crystal city in the sky, fulla' talking animals.

Diana needs a small mansion or a penthouse, in a city, somewhere, where she keeps an arsenal, some magic thingamabobs and her Invisible Jet. She lives there, with Etta and another female character, decidedly unlike her or Etta - Mala, Desira of Venus, Queen Hera, Giganta/Doris Zeul - and Steve visits. Basically, she needs somewhere for writers to start her stories, show her hanging out with her friends ..and to keep her junk, just like Batman and Spider-Man.

So that's a 'yes' to your Wonder-base question.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 12-21-2020 at 01:43 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Tell me about this thing... (I prefer the Rucka Embassy set up)

Incredible Member

I like her having an embassy. I really like the new one from the end of Orlando's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That's the new embassy that was built at the end of Orlando's run. Seems to be an artificial island and it has a portal to Themyscira. Unfortunately it hasn't really been seen outside of WW #758 and the last Annual. Kind of disappointing and I fear it's just going to be forgotten and dropped between Tamaki not using it and Diana getting promoted upstairs.

For what it's worth, I think it was drawn better in #758.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 12-21-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It's the perfect middle ground between Wonder Woman's New York embassy and the Wonder Dome. So far I love everything about it, especially the idea that Amazons could be her supporting cast and provide the same functions as the embassy staff did in Rucka's first run. The only thing I don't like is (as Artemisfanboy said) it's not been seen enough.

I vote for something different than the Wonderdome... and in her iconic city.

Spectacular Member

The embassy is my favorite option,but there are people who think the ambassador role doesn't suit wonder woman

The wonder dome is a little to fantastical and without a proper reason for its existense

The house is the most viable,but It would require criativity in order to have a WOW factor

I haven't seen any good options for an iconic home, headquarters, or base for Wonder Woman yet, and I think it goes back to how she is constructed as a character. Unlike Batman, she isn't built around a double life, old money, or gadgets. Unlike Superman, she isn't built around a lost world.

From a theoretical standpoint, an embassy is a swell idea, but I think that first and foremost requires one thing: an ambassador. That is, in order for an embassy to work and not be an empty shell, DC must first commit to a Wonder Woman that goes out in the world to stop wars, negotiate peace treaties, work for human rights, help stop famines, and so on.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I haven't seen any good options for an iconic home, headquarters, or base for Wonder Woman yet, and I think it goes back to how she is constructed as a character. Unlike Batman, she isn't built around a double life, old money, or gadgets. Unlike Superman, she isn't built around a lost world.

From a theoretical standpoint, an embassy is a swell idea, but I think that first and foremost requires one thing: an ambassador. That is, in order for an embassy to work and not be an empty shell, DC must first commit to a Wonder Woman that goes out in the world to stop wars, negotiate peace treaties, work for human rights, help stop famines, and so on.
    That's what she's been doing since the start of Rebirth but her assignments came from A.R.G.U.S. In the annual she got one from Hippolyta and the Amazons and I hope they'll continue to be proactive on the world stage.

The Invisible Jet as a Tardis style HQ! Its so much larger inside than it appears (or should that be doesn't appear?)