Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and i don't think the retcon has been a positive. The only way to the other side is through this and Pietro has done nothing but suffer since the twins were made mutants no longer. Wanda may have popped up once and awhile but Pietro had a pretty steady home in the X-books and i for one miss the character. I think it's a little interesting that with all these mutants the only real speedsters are still Quicksilver and his nephew Speed. I mean i'm sure there must be more though.

Though wanda did have a good solo for a bit there. The one with witch's road and Agataha, that was actually pretty good.
    Northstar is also a speedster but I agree it would be good for Pietro to be a mutant again, I would love to see him interact with Lorna again on X-factor.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=BroHomo;5289909]lol Dude what? Sooo because you've had other bad days you shouldn't complain when Over half of your people is no more? I bet you're reeeeal comforting at funerals

Straw man. When you have bad days you complain about all your experiences, naturally instead of the argument including all the facts its reduced to a binary choice.

This is straight up false...
    This is from the Mothervine storyline.

Did you skip X-men: Blue or what?

You think Sinister is a rational being??? Ahhh. Its as much Still as canonically correct as Wanda's'mental breakdown' Secret Wars is your go to evidence as proof that Wanda didn't decimate Mutants across multiple timelines...Ok. What kinda person in their right mind would blame the victims of not allowing the person who harmed them attempt to fix it by doing the same thing that caused do much grief in the first place????
    Sinister is many things, mentally ill isn't one of them. Did you read House of M and Avengers: Disassdeembled, Bendis isn't hiding the fact she's mentally ill there. Battleworld was created by various realities, many of them with mutants on them - what other realities with mutants have been affected in canon after M Day? Because I haven't seen any proof despite asking for it. I don't know, most mutants in Krkao are ok letting attempts on their and their families lives go unsaid despite every super-villain affecting them directly or indirectly in their schemes over the years. Torture, murder you name it. That's what they've done to the mutant community.

Nahhh Wanada actions continue to drive the narrative pretty strongly lol. And it was literally explained The first few days of KraKoa about mutant amnesty. Why did the Avengers aggressively defend Wsnda...put her on a superhero team. After coming back from committing Genocide. You said it yourself she's mentally ill...Was she in treatment? Did a doctor sign off sheet wasn't a great to whole populations of people? Nah she just banged out Capt America and everything was Gucci lol
    Didn't say otherwise. Because they know she's in control of her actions, did you read the Dark Pheonix Saga? And your omitting how Magneto saved Wanda from being attacked in Avengers Dissembled and Children's Crusade. Can't ay the same for many people on the Quiet Council, they weren't mentally ill when they went on their killing sprees. Xavier and Dr. Strange both have been her therapists during and after that time period, Xavier failing her in this is a big reason for how we got M Day. And please don't blame the mentally ill when they don't have access to therapists. Strange how they both don't get any hostility for failing her.

Where does this Wanda having sex with Cap come from? And a negative, Post-House of M. Wanda's allowed to sleep with whoever she wants, heck she had Scott drooling when she considered joining the X-men in the Silver Age. This is incredibly sex negative, which is hypocritical considering we're on an X-men forum. Have you read any Avengers comics?

as what the dancing entertainment?
    Wow. Weaponising a sexual harassment incident by Magneto against his own daughter on a fictional character because she might be on the Quiet Council.

Once again ignoring mutant voices who should be screaming about their oppressors. Don't rock the boat, don't ask questions, do whatever Xavier and the Quiet Council say without hesitation. It's not like Hickman is setting up their fall or anything because they're bad guys now.

And yet...
    She's not a mutant anymore, that's why she's not allowed in Krakao.

And in honor of S.W.O.R.D when is someone going to create the "Mutant Tech: create your own mutant circuit using x amount mutants." I have been very patient and don't like making threads. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Great interview. Don't know much about him outside his work which i love, his Royals was actually really good too considering he was playing clean up. I like that i can read what comes off as humbleness and excitement in the interview. Hopefully he is on the X-books a long time.
    I felt the same after reading that interview.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Way before the fastball special:
    (edit: woops, didn't see it was already mentioned)

Last edited by mugiwara; 12-22-2020 at 10:57 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post

This is from the Mothervine storyline.

Did you skip X-men: Blue or what?
    You mean in the aftermath of a Hydra controlled America when Bastian was tryna to repower/repopulate the Mutant race? lol even when he's being evil he's heads and tails more benevolent than Wanda. And one could argue he's a robot following his programming thus can't be held responsible for doing the literal one thing he was made for

Sinister is many things, mentally ill isn't one of them.
    I guess I'll let his actions speak for themselves...
    Did you read House of M and Avengers: Disassdeembled, Bendis isn't hiding the fact she's mentally ill there. Battleworld was created by various realities, many of them with mutants on them -
    Battleworld was remnants of every beyonders power that Doom tried to hold together soooo since the beyonders are everywhere Doom just held together what he could which included realities from anywhere and anywhen. Sooo there'd logically be mutants since they existed before Wanda's spell.
    what other realities with mutants have been affected in canon after M Day? Because I haven't seen any proof despite asking for it.
    Ugh posted this multiple times but ok...

I don't know, most mutants in Krkao are ok letting attempts on their and their families lives go unsaid despite every super-villain affecting them directly or indirectly in their schemes over the years. Torture, murder you name it. That's what they've done to the mutant community.
    Most mutant villains were villains in response to the sh!try treatment attempts on their life and their families by humans. To them everyday they were alive they felt they were surrounded by people tryna destroy thm and their families

Didn't say otherwise. Because they know she's in control of her actions, did you read the Dark Pheonix Saga? And your omitting how Magneto saved Wanda from being attacked in Avengers Dissembled and Children's Crusade. Can't ay the same for many people on the Quiet Council, they weren't mentally ill when they went on their killing sprees. Xavier and Dr. Strange both have been her therapists during and after that time period, Xavier failing her in this is a big reason for how we got M Day. And please don't blame the mentally ill when they don't have access to therapists. Strange how they both don't get any hostility for failing her.
    Magic and the most powerful mind in the world failed her? And it led to untold death...Who would be okay with that being around? Her mental illness Is shown buuut then what? Either she's still I'll and therefore "can't be held responsible" or she's no longer Ill and therefore competent enough to pay for actions. Being mentally ill is just a get outta justice free card.

EDIT:I've derailed long enough my bad
    Last edited by BroHomo; 12-22-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Christmas monotony
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You mean in the aftermath of a Hydra controlled America when Bastian was tryna to repower/repopulate the Mutant race? lol even when he's being evil he's heads and tails more benevolent than Wanda. And one could argue he's a robot following his programming thus can't be held responsible for doing the literal one thing he was made for
    Operation: Zero Tolerance Bastian. The "man" who was so racist against mutants he disgusted Robert Kelly so much Kelly got SHIELD to shatter his organisation. Sentinels aren't bad now, ok. That sure is an argument. The next time someone brings up Sentinels as being evil tools made to destroy mutants you can remind us that they're not to blame for the destruction they cause.

I guess I'll let his actions speak for themselves...
    His actions do speak for him, he's sane and he gets off on killing and torturing people. He doesn't even have the mental illness defense Wanda has, he's just evil.

Battleworld was remnants of every beyonders power that Doom tried to hold together soooo since the beyonders are everywhere Doom just held together what he could which included realities from anywhere and anywhen. Sooo there'd logically be mutants since they existed before Wanda's spell.
    Wanda's accused of genocide by depowering them across the multiverse, where are these mutant on Battle world? Where were they after Battleworld?

Ugh posted this multiple times but ok...
    I'm not disputing that, I'm asking for canon proof after that. Where is it?

Most mutant villains were villains in response to the sh!try treatment attempts on their life and their families by humans. To them everyday they were alive they felt they were surrounded by people tryna destroy thm and their families
    This gives them the right to harm mutants and kill other people why? Except ey wren't, and many of them are cold blooded killers. Many are ok oppressing other mutants, including making them slaves. Krkaao is filled with their victims, large portions they've personally tortured or tried to killed. In the case of Dazzler, did kill. This is why they are villains, not heroes.

Magic and the most powerful mind in the world failed her? And it led to untold death...Who would be okay with that being around? Her mental illness Is shown buuut then what? Either she's still I'll and therefore "can't be held responsible" or she's no longer Ill and therefore competent enough to pay for actions. Being mentally ill is just a get outta justice free card.
    Dr. Strange and Xavier had one job to do, if they had done it properly those incidents wouldn't have occurred. It wasn't "untold death," we got a graveyard and unlike Sinister in "Powerless" she didn't intend to kill people, he does that when he's bored. Because she had a mental break down under very specific circumstances, she's not Sinister. If she's not mentally ill she's not a danger to society, and it wasn't just illness that contributed to that either - I want a trial just to get Magneto and Quicksilver on the stand to get them to confess to putting strain on her when she was mentally vulnerable. The "then what" is Wanda having therapy with Dr. Strange. No, it isn't but she's not the Joker.

This is why the ambassador wasn't wrong by disrespecting magneto and makes me curious why Magneto would fall so far down that rabbit hole the he's defended Wanda in the past over these same subjects.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 12-22-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Wait, people are defending Bastian now?

Holy shit, can 2020 please be over already?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

The goatee isn't that bad give him a break.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

bastion > wanda

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Way before the fastball special:
    (edit: woops, didn't see it was already mentioned)

"Showtime, Synergy!"
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Operation: Zero Tolerance Bastian. The "man" who was so racist against mutants he disgusted Robert Kelly so much Kelly got SHIELD to shatter his organisation. Sentinels aren't bad now, ok. That sure is an argument. The next time someone brings up Sentinels as being evil tools made to destroy mutants you can remind us that they're not to blame for the destruction they cause.

Wanda's accused of genocide by depowering them across the multiverse, where are these mutant on Battle world? Where were they after Battleworld?

I'm not disputing that, I'm asking for canon proof after that. Where is it?
    This is widly taking things out of context. You know in that storyline in X-Men Blue Bastion's programming had reversed to making him want to increase the number of mutants on Earth, Emma never worked with Bastion for the attempt of genocide

Is something suddenly not canon anymore because it hasn't been referenced? Were Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn's babies not canon anymore until Nick Spencer referenced their relationship again?
    Last edited by nandes; 12-23-2020 at 05:17 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The CBR Forum is where nice things...like a really good SWORD interview...come to die.
    (Is there no end to the Pretender's pernicious presence and mad machinations?)
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-23-2020 at 05:39 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    This is widly taking things out of context. You know in that storyline in X-Men Blue Bastion's programming had reversed to making him want to increase the number of mutants on Earth, Emma never worked with Bastion for the attempt of genocide
    Bastian's hardly a trustworthy accomplice even under those circumstances, Sentinels like him are hardly easily to reprogram - it's like working with a Nimrod.

Is something suddenly not canon anymore because it hasn't been referenced? Were Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn's babies not canon anymore until Nick Spencer referenced their relationship again?
    If their existences become questionable in canon for an event, yeah. That's why Secret Wars was bought up, clearly it didn't stick and we'd be seeing references of it more then simply nothing. The Mephisto retcon is currently on shaky ground in the Spider-books at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Fun interview.

OMGWTFMENTALLO! ^_^

I want to see Jessica Drew come on board and beat the crap out of Mentallo.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume