Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
Interesting, you'd think there would be multiple minis with Superman fighting King Kong, Godzilla, Transformers and other big things, but I'm either blanking on them at the moment or there aren't many "Superman punches big thing" stories around?
I wanna say there were a solid amount of kaiju fights in the Silver Age; Titano obviously, and I think even a short crossover with Kong or Godzilla maybe? And there's a few every now and then; at one point in the early 00's Metallo would assimilate city blocks and grow to gigantic size.

But generally speaking, there aren't nearly enough kaiju fights. Though like Bored, my love of Superman punching giant robots is boundless so maybe that's just my bias speaking.

Anyway, got to the LCS today (twice in as many weeks, when lately I've gone months between stops! Go Ascended!) and I f*cking adore this issue. The retro narration, the layout using film stripes, the costume design, all the twists and turns and reveals (Alfred!!), many of them stolen from those old serials, and that film layout ending up being part of the plot itself? For a Golden Age fan like me, this issue is just the best gods damn thing ever. The level of craft on display here is damned impressive.

I was kinda pissed when Yang didn't get one of the solo Super titles, and pissed that Reis was leaving one. Just so these guys, who're clearly among the very best Super creators we have in the modern era, could also work on Batman. Yeah, I was pretty salty about it. But after reading this issue, all is forgiven and I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for the next issue.

I had high hopes for this book, once the solicits hit, and I had hoped we get "Smashes the Klan" levels of quality from Yang, rather than "Truth." And I think the issue not only met my expectations, but surpassed them.

Well done, DC.