Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This Superman logo design is god-tier

Can someone draw this logo without it being bent or some object obstructing it?

That golden age shield really looks beautiful

Read the issue yesterday. And what can I say except it's another masterpiece from the brilliant mind that brought us Smashes the Klan? There's nothing in this book that doesn't just impress the hell out of me.

Dare we say that Yang might be among the best Super writers of today (despite Truth)? I think I dare say it.

And we can't forget Reis; without him this book just wouldn't work nearly as well. Not many artists could handle the weird visuals and format stuff that Yang is asking for here, and not only does Reis pull it off, he does so amazingly, and without compromising the flow of the visuals. We all know Reis is one of the very best in the industry, but this book really reminds us all of why.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Just re-read the current issue, love the interaction between Jimmy and Robin. Yang could write a team-up book with those two (and hey, invite Fraction too ).

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen and his Pal Robin: Partners
    they actually did that back in the day for a couple of world's finest comics..
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    This Superman logo design is god-tier

Can someone draw this logo without it being bent or some object obstructing it?

That golden age shield really looks beautiful
    Yeah! it is....
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    they actually did that back in the day for a couple of world's finest comics
    Cool, I gotta look for that!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Cool, I gotta look for that!
    They used to be the World's Okayest, if not in name then in practice. It was fun. lol

Anybody else sad to see this one go (according to the solicits)? I'm hoping this is just a prelude to a relaunch (maybe focusing on Jace and Jon considering developments in their titles).

EDIT: Here's the preview for the next issue: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/18/dc...n-superman-19/

I'm very sad, this was probably my #1 DC title. But no, I don't really want Jace/Jon team-up book.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I think over time this series will be looked at two ways. With fondness for one of the better and more unique and entertaining runs; and through a "what could have been" type prism. In either case, it was cut way too short that's for sure.

It seems like such a quick cutoff that they almost HAVE to have something else planned for Yang, hopefully something in addition to the Monkey King book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaeus View Post
    Anybody else sad to see this one go (according to the solicits)? I'm hoping this is just a prelude to a relaunch (maybe focusing on Jace and Jon considering developments in their titles).

EDIT: Here's the preview for the next issue: https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/18/dc...n-superman-19/
    I’m extremely disappointed, I thought it was selling fairly well so I don’t know why it’s cancelled. I’ve seen some speculation that DC will relaunch it as a Jace/Jon book as you’ve suggested, but I don’t really see how that would work to be honest. Jace is much older than Jon, and I can’t see the traditional dynamic working for those two. More likely I think they will launch a Superman/WW series with Jon and Yara, since those two were the new “World’s Finest” in Future State. I’d love to see Yang write that dynamic but other than a Monkey King project in the works, I don’t know if he’s got any more DC work coming which sucks because he’s one of my favorite writers.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Losing easily the best Superman-related book in the main line out there right now. Major bummer.

I swear to god if they replace this with something next gen with Jon and Jace I'm going to puke.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Even with Clark and Bruce, the sales of this series were not that great, and without them it would be a disaster at all, it makes no sense for them to do it.
    And also, let's be honest, if they will make book about Jace and Jon duo, it will receive a huge hate, for obvious reason. They shouldn't even try, it's not worth it.

I still have hope that Yang's next project is Robin and Batman title that was announced some time ago together with Deathstoke Inc. and some other titles. And it is going to be about the world that we see in this Batman/Superman arc. Yes, doesn't sound very realistic, but thats what hope is.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I still have hope that Yang's next project is Robin and Batman title that was announced some time ago together with Deathstoke Inc. and some other titles. And it is going to be about the world that we see in this Batman/Superman arc. Yes, doesn't sound very realistic, but thats what hope is.
    Huh that’s actually a great guess as to what that title is about. I hope you’re right, sucks to lose Yang to the Batverse but if it helps him sell better I can’t begrudge him that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

If that ends up happening then I'm sure that Yang would deliver at least some cool guest appearances by Superman.

Im kind of two minds on the cancellation. On one hand, all good things must come to an end right? Yang's run has ended up being short, but oh so damn sweet and I'd rather the run end on a really strong note, rather than fall in quality and languish in mediocrity. Sometimes it's better to have one really amazing trade on the shelf instead of a whole wall covered with "meh" yknow?

But on the other hand, damn what a book to lose! This is easily one of, if not the best, book that DC is making, and cancelling it now just as Yang is really getting going seems almost criminal.

And I feel for Yang. I don't know what he has in the pipeline but I feel like he's always getting the short end; gets one of the major Super books only to have it dragged down by Truth. Gets to create his own, new Super character with Kenan only to see it die after a short run. Gets S/B only to see it cancelled after a single arc. Sometimes I wonder if DC truly doesn't want Super books to succeed.

Given the sudden announcement of this book ending I do feel like a relaunch is coming, and I'm sure Yang hasn't been left out in the cold and has new projects to replace this title.

At least we'll always have trig!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.