Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the cancellation had more to do with Reis being pulled off for another, more lucrative, project that will generate more sales.

Unfortunately, a lot of Superman readers don't want to read Superman comics with Batman in them, just as a lot of Batman readers don't want to read Batman comics with Superman in them (unless Batman is beating him up, of course).

Or maybe one more story arc for Batman/Superman was always the plan. Did Yang talk about any long term plans in his interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Or maybe one more story arc for Batman/Superman was always the plan. Did Yang talk about any long term plans in his interviews?
    I don't believe so. Yang has bigger fish to fry, I suspect. He may not be a big name to the average hard-core comic shop customer, but Superman Smashes The Klan had substantial mainstream success and will no doubt continue to be a consistent seller for decades to come.

Either way new issue is out that gives us 2 (3?) more worlds and some backstory on our villain. Is he a new character or does someone recognize him from somewhere?

Either way new issue is out that gives us 2 (3?) more worlds and some backstory on our villain. Is he a new character or does someone recognize him from somewhere?
    New character. I was impressed how Yang was able to incorporate a lot of DC lore into his background in an organic way, tying him to recent characters like Scott Snyder’s World Forger for instance.

Had a good laugh at Superman nonchalantly continuing to talk to El Diablo even while he was being shot at.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Could you expand on World Forger? I haven't read anything recent by Snyder.

Extraordinary Member

Was introduced in Snyder's original Metal. Son of Perpetua, brother of the Monitor and Anti-Monitor.

His job is to create new worlds from the hopes and dreams of all sentient beings. The strongest of those universes joined the Orrey of Worlds that was once limited to 52, but is now infinite again.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 06-22-2021 at 07:04 PM.

I gotta say, the art this issue was a real mixed bag. Clearly, Reis got pulled off, or had to drop out, unexpectedly, and they were in a mad scramble to finish the issue. Honestly, I would have rather they delayed the issue a month to give the artist more time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Was introduced in Snyder's original Metal. Son of Perpetua, brother of the Monitor and Anti-Monitor.
    The World Forger, also known as Alpheus, is the first son of Perpetua and brother of the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor.
    First sentence and I remember why I don't read Snyder.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Awesome issue today. Reis was back on art and the story was so much fun. Really cool concepts Yang is playing around with.

The Demon is in here as well. Love that character. Funny, was just reading his 90's series this week, with him doing something similar with Lobo in this issue. Liked the old school film vibe they gave Etrigan here as well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Dear lord, Reis knows how to draw. This has to be some of the best work he's ever done. It's a damn shame he's not going to bring it home to the finish line

That double page with heroes travelling home and us seeing various films was fantastic.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Saw a pretty amusing line in a review of this issue, describing Auteur.lo as essentially Brainiac if he went to film school. Sounds about right.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog