Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately an upcoming issue has Reis off and new artists replacing him. The replacements are still very good though, Luppacino is very talented, she did some Supergirl and Starfire stories a while back.
    It seems like Reis never stays on a book long

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    He’s back in July! Solicits just came out, so it seems he just took a break. And he stuck with Bendis on Superman, Johns on GL and Aquaman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    He did almost the entire run of Superman by Bendis. Same with Aquaman with Geoff. He's pretty good about hitting deadlines. It's possible he just needed some time for personal matters.

And I'm sure that the first issue took some time to draw.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    And I'm sure that the first issue took some time to draw.
    Reis really outdid himself with those creative layouts!

Another great issue. I like the idea of the new villain, but it makes me wonder what awaits our new Batman and Superman? Surely Yang won't just "burn" them after spending so much time on them?

Pretty perfect issue from Yang. People always talk about retelling of the triangle for two, and I think those two issues prove he might be the best writer to do it, if opportunity comes. Also, his Robin is remarkably charismatic (especially drawn by Reis).
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Good issue again! That Auteur.io’s master plan is basically trying to make “capekino” is funny as hell to me. Layouts are much more straightforward for this issue but Reis still manages to do a few cool tricks here and there. Really loved his take on the World of the Knight’s Metropolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Another great issue. I like the idea of the new villain, but it makes me wonder what awaits our new Batman and Superman? Surely Yang won't just "burn" them after spending so much time on them?
    Really hope not! Maybe they’ll end up stuck in each other’s world for a little bit? Would be interesting to see the WoT’s Superman try to clean up the WoK’s Metropolis.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is currently my favorite title. Reis is absolutely killing it on art and Yang is playing with some interesting ideas

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...tman-superman/
    Let’s start with last issue; what was your first reaction to seeing the dual structure of issue #16, presenting a Batman and Superman stories running, across double page spreads, concurrently. From a draftsman’s perspective, what challenges did that structure present? What was the most important thing to keep in mind to allow both stories to work properly?

Ivan Reis: It was really fun to dicover how Gene wanted to tell that story. We talked to the editorial team about possibilities and what kinds of things we could do, and then Gene created that world. When I began drawing the film rolls, there was a moment when i decided not to modify the panels composition and to use the film concept not only a aesthetic element. I soon realized that the Film itself would become a character in the page as well. This decision determined how the narrative and the compositions would work. The art wouldn’t be about big scenes, big panels, splashes, but about hou to deal with that within the limited space of the Film. The Film would reign supreme over all aesthetic decisions. This line of thought already gave both stories the same narrative line and a one of a kind feeling when reading.
    Interview with Reis, more at the link

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Finally got my copy, man what a great book this is only two issues in. Reis's art in the Bendis Superman book was top notch but this really is other level stuff. Yang is totally nailing the different voices of the different iterations of each character. Facial expressions perfectly match the dialog in every panel. It's a damn near perfect book but if there's one word I'd use to describe it: fun. Just pure fun. I also really love the idea of a bunch of evil archivist androids running around causing havoc. And absolutely love the Robin.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Tradewaiting on Yangs run and wondering if Williamson is recommended, too?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I enjoyed his run but it’s not a “great” run, and you don’t need it at all to start with Yang.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The initial Batman Who Laughs arc was...fine, but the Nick Derrington arc with General Zod & Ra’s Al Ghul was awesome and well worth your time.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I enjoyed his run but it’s not a “great” run, and you don’t need it at all to start with Yang.
    Thank you. This sounds like the Loeb/McGuiness run and I liked that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The initial Batman Who Laughs arc was...fine, but the Nick Derrington arc with General Zod & Ra’s Al Ghul was awesome and well worth your time.
    Even more interested now. Thank you.