Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Yang & Reis's Superman/Batman

Reis just put the cover on Instagram and both Superman and Batman are looking very much like their Golden Age selves. Looks like this series is taking place on a Golden Age inspired Earth within the reborn Multiverse.

SOLD.

I believe the plan is for the series to jump around to different worlds within the new Multiverse that’s spinning out of Death Metal, and explore the Batman & Superman of each. No clue if that will be done via self contained arcs, one and dones, or some kind of overarching story. Either way yeah I’m very excited to read it.

Astonishing Member

A version of Superman and Batman that actually behave like adults? I'm in.
    Last edited by The World; 12-21-2020 at 11:47 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The most exciting thing coming out of Infinite Frontier and it's not even close. I wonder how many have clocked that that's not 'just' the Golden Age versions, but specifically reimaginings of the Superman and Batman of the 1940s movie serials? Batman's got the same segmented logo and those are new takes on the villains from those.

(I know the Batman serials were MEGA-racist, which given some of the stuff in New Super-Man I expect there's a fine chance Yang will tackle head-on.)
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Reis just put the cover on Instagram and both Superman and Batman are looking very much like their Golden Age selves. Looks like this series is taking place on a Golden Age inspired Earth within the reborn Multiverse.

SOLD.
    This is right up my alley. You have my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post

The most exciting thing coming out of Infinite Frontier and it's not even close. I wonder how many have clocked that that's not 'just' the Golden Age versions, but specifically reimaginings of the Superman and Batman of the 1940s movie serials? Batman's got the same segmented logo and those are new takes on the villains from those.

(I know the Batman serials were MEGA-racist, which given some of the stuff in New Super-Man I expect there's a fine chance Yang will tackle head-on.)
    If that’s true you can absolutely count on Yang to tackle that stuff. But I wonder if Reis is going to be sticking around long term or if it’s a Terrifics situation where he’s only on for the first arc or so?

Is that Felicia Hardy?

It's nice to have at least one comic we know will be good. Yang and Reis on Superman? Yang not having to write around whatever crap editorial direction DC gave him? This is going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is that Felicia Hardy?
    Yes she took a wrong turn in NYC and ended up in the DCU.

spoilers:
    It’s Spider Lady, a villain from the serials
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I didn't catch that at all. I have never watched any of the old Batman serials as I heard they are painfully bad. Morrison's description of them in SuperGods is hilarious.

Is Supes riding in the Batmobile or is that Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is Supes riding in the Batmobile or is that Robin?
    Batman & Robin were together in the serials weren’t they? If yes then it’s definitely Robin.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

One of my most anticipated titles of 2021. Can't wait!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i hope clark's s is used to piss off the police and authorities.I wish the gladiator boots are bit longer.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-22-2020 at 07:08 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I was already pretty much sold on this with Ries being on art. I think Yang is pretty decent as well.

But when I saw the cover and read the names Spider woman and Dr Atom and recognized them from the serials I got really excited. I loved those serials and watched them a million times as a kid. Pretty cool surprise.

Although it does look like they are bouncing around the multiverse so this will only be an arc. But maybe well see some other cool versions of Superman and Batman.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake