Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    From current DC's writers Yang would be my favourite on Batman as well, but you never know, we might get Bendis instead.
    His Batman and Robin have been a breath of fresh air. I miss the Dynamic Duo proper!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah Yang on Batman would be just great. Plus, maybe since he's a Supes fan he'd pull in Clark to the book every now and again.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Yang on Batman would definitely get me interested in buying Batman for the first time since Morrison.

Solid ending. I was surprised to see Darkseid and the Infinite Frontier metaplot connect to this though. I wonder if that film showing a world of Shazam is a clue for what Yang’s doing next? Could he be doing a Shazam book after Sheridan finishes his Shazam mini?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Solid ending. I was surprised to see Darkseid and the Infinite Frontier metaplot connect to this though. I wonder if that film showing a world of Shazam is a clue for what Yang’s doing next? Could he be doing a Shazam book after Sheridan finishes his Shazam mini?
    I think he did write Shazam and classic Sivana in his Monkey King story.

Yes, his Monkey Prince story in Asian special did feel like a teaser for Shazam/Monkey Prince series and now this film with Shazam and Darkseid? Current Shazam mini ends in October so maybe we are getting something for December or January? Thou I don't really understand at the moment how exactly Monkey Prince would fit in Infinite Frontier metaplot.

Also, we are still getting another film-related story next week with annual. Solicit makes it sound like the worlds are getting combined (or destroyed), but who is doing that since our bad guy is no more? Might that be Darkseid related as well?

Either way I'm happy that this concept will be still used in the future. Or at least it looks like it will be.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yang on Shazam sounds like a dream come true.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Welp no Yang on Batman although Willamson is a fine choice. I will continue to hope he’s got more than just whatever is planned for the Monkey King, all aboard the Yang on Shazam hope train!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Just read the issue, man what a great series this was. Great ending, would like to see Observer I.O. in future stories, really liked the character overall. Pretty bummed that Yang is not hopping over to Batman. The way he wrote Bruce as a father figure to Robin was great, as was the friendship between Bruce and Clark. Thought Bruce constantly dropping his "HRM" line at every turn in the Fortress was pretty funny, as was the "there's more than one Robin?" bit. Man, he would have been a great Batman writer. Williamson is solid for sure, but really would have loved to see what Yang could do with an actual run on one of the Bat books. Here's to hoping Yang lands a Shazam book/story.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member

Batman/Superman 2021 Annual #1 Preview
    Writer: Gene Luen Yang
    Artists: Francesco Francavilla and Paul Pelletier

Last edited by Hypo; 08-31-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Francavilla drawing Superman! Wow I never thought I’d see the day, thought Pelletier would be drawing Supes.

Francavilla doing Batman sounded obvious so obviously they flipped it Anyway, issue itself was fun, but didn't really add anything surprising like that last page Darkseid reveal in previous issue. There were also no hints of more to come so I'm feeling kinda sad at the moment. But hey, one more issue to go, maybe we'll get some hints there.

Also, anyone knows how flipbooks are collected? I can imagine it being rather uncomfortable if you have to flip entire collection to "properly" read this issue.

Francavilla doing Batman sounded obvious so obviously they flipped it Anyway, issue itself was fun, but didn't really add anything surprising like that last page Darkseid reveal in previous issue. There were also no hints of more to come so I'm feeling kinda sad at the moment. But hey, one more issue to go, maybe we'll get some hints there.

Also, anyone knows how flipbooks are collected? I can imagine it being rather uncomfortable if you have to flip entire collection to "properly" read this issue.
    The digital version just goes from Superman into the bridging sequence then into the Batman story. No flipping of the iPad required! So I'd imagine it'll be the same for the collection.

But you lose like 90% of fun with such format

But you lose like 90% of fun with such format
    Costs of doing business alas