Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

100% bet that Yang is going to dig into that Yellow Peril villain from the first Batman serial if he gets the chance, he brought back the one from the very first issue of Detective Comics after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've thought Spider-Lady was from the Batman serials...
    It was a different time, back when Superman could get some femme fatales of his own

I wonder what the status quo for the two will be on this Golden Age Earth?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    100% bet that Yang is going to dig into that Yellow Peril villain from the first Batman serial if he gets the chance, he brought back the one from the very first issue of Detective Comics after all.

It was a different time, back when Superman could get some femme fatales of his own

I wonder what the status quo for the two will be on this Golden Age Earth?
    Hey, it was happening in the 90s and 00s too even when married. Maxima before, La Encantadora after.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I see "Ivan Reis" and I'm sold.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Maxima is a femme fatale?I don't see it.She is a warrior princes and does chase superman.But,a femme fatale?
    Anyways,Volcana is superman's catwoman for me.To bad she ain't around in comics.Intead they went for the electric girl.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Maxima is a femme fatale?I don't see it.She is a warrior princes and does chase superman.But,a femme fatale?
    Anyways,Volcana is superman's catwoman for me.To bad she ain't around in comics.Intead they went for the electric girl.
    Volcana was great! She absolutely could come back.

Max was kind of billed as one for a minute. She grew out of it, but she was seemingly created to be the "bad girl" love interest Clark seemed to be lacking at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    She isn't from the comics right? Weird they never translated her to the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    She isn't from the comics right? Weird they never translated her to the comics
    Nope she’s an OC like Livewire I believe.

Extraordinary Member

INTERVIEW: Gene Luen Yang on BATMAN/SUPERMAN, in FUTURE STATE and beyond
    Grunenwald: What role does Batman/Superman play in the larger DC Universe and the Infinite Frontier initiative?

Yang: I’ll say that, in each issue of that first storyline that Ivan and I are working on, most of the pages in each issue are in those alternative universes, but not all. We do have some pages that are set on Earth-0, in the main DC Universe.

Hmm...I wonder if it's building up to something with the main Bruce and Clark and their AU counterparts.

Interesting read. He doesn't really hint at it, but I guess Future State versions could be part of his proper run as well.

I'm even more intrigued. Dammit, this book needs to be out yesterday.

I liked the bit about Batman being more into justice while Superman is a strong believer in mercy, that’s a good read on their dynamic. Also confirms we will get some scenes set on Earth 0 in the first issue. Will be “our” Clark and Bruce basically be studying their doppelgängers?

I liked how Yang still wants to read stuff in print and support his local comic shop .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I liked the bit about Batman being more into justice while Superman is a strong believer in mercy, that’s a good read on their dynamic. Also confirms we will get some scenes set on Earth 0 in the first issue. Will be “our” Clark and Bruce basically be studying their doppelgängers?
    I look at it as more Batman leans more on the vengeance side of justice, while Superman is more mercy, but I guess it's the same difference.

I'm not sure if they'll be studying their doppelgangers but maybe something is going on with all these different Batmen and Supermen that eventually impacts the main version. Like a good version of Multiplicity.

If I remember right previous Batman/Superman series, during New 52, also started with multiverse story with young Batman and Superman meeting E-2 versions.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    If I remember right previous Batman/Superman series, during New 52, also started with multiverse story with young Batman and Superman meeting E-2 versions.
    Yep that was the first arc under Pak. He basically wrote the difference between the two duos as the New 52 versions meeting their Pre-Flashpoint counterparts which I found entertaining.

Last edited by Vordan; 01-23-2021 at 12:39 PM.