Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

This title sounds like easily the best thing Superman-related coming out of FS that's "in-continuity". Mainly because a large part of it isn't, heh. I'm still really hoping this might tie-in to the Elseworld reveal at the end of Death Metal and even eventually segue into something larger for the classic characters of the DCU in terms of another reality to follow regularly, as opposed to something just localized here.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This title sounds like easily the best thing Superman-related coming out of FS that's "in-continuity". Mainly because a large part of it isn't, heh. I'm still really hoping this might tie-in to the Elseworld reveal at the end of Death Metal and even eventually segue into something larger for the classic characters of the DCU in terms of another reality to follow regularly, as opposed to something just localized here.
    I'll add that the notion of someone looking to the pulp era for inspiration as while DC is desperately struggling to seem new and fresh is exactly the kind of thinking that makes me love Yang. Everyone says move forward and he looks back and finds a way to make it feel fresh, at least in the form of Superman Smashes the Klan. If the PKJ stuff drops and I love it, well that's rad and I'm stoked. If not, I know of at least one set of hands I can trust Clark with.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

While I dug the first issue of PKJ's Superman, if I had to put all my money on one of these ponies, I'm betting on Yang and Reis to deliver the goods

Looks like Capullo will be doing a variant cover: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKpqZtvl...d=epuzp2mrl6l1

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I wonder if they're going to retroboot any characters to a pulp incarnation. Characters like Supergirl or Parasite who didn't exist back then.

Whatever the direction, in Yang/Reis and co we trust.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #18

Written by GENE LUEN YANG

Art and cover by IVAN REIS

Card stock variant cover by SIMONE BIANCHI

The Dark Knight and the Man of Steel are on a mission to stop the godlike Auteur.io from destroying the pocket worlds he's created...but where on Earth did Auteur.io even come from? The answer starts not on Earth at all, but with an ancient cult of World Forger worshippers on a planet far away -- and if our heroes are to have a prayer of stopping this mythic behemoth, they'll need to get to the bottom of his power source, and quick! It's a race against time as the parallel lives of entire worlds hang in the balance!

32 pages, $3.99 (card stock variant, $4.99), available on May 25.
    Superman & Batman going up against a villain named “Auteur” is utterly hilarious if you know the meaning of the word, and especially how it might be related to a certain controversial director. Dunno if that’s Yang’s intent but it’s funny if so.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Superman & Batman going up against a villain named “Auteur” is utterly hilarious if you know the meaning of the word, and especially how it might be related to a certain controversial director. Dunno if that’s Yang’s intent but it’s funny if so.
    Now, now, their name is Auteur.io .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now, now, their name is Auteur.io .
    It’s not an “.io”. On Auteur’s world it stands for “capekino
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Heads up: Gene Yang is doing an AMA on Reddit: https://twitter.com/r_dccomics/statu...165957124?s=20
    Join us for some exciting AMAs in the upcoming weeks!

March 3 (Wednesday) -
    @geneluenyang
    (Batman/Superman, Superman Smashes the Klan, New Super-Man) @ 2:30 PM PST

Astonishing Member

Looking forward to this! Somehow, this series entirely skipped my attention. I'd seen the cover a while back, and assumed it was just a 'Golden Age' style variant cover. Didn't know it was literally going back to the Golden Age, and the movie serials at that!

DC seems to be dipping into the Golden Age well quiet a bit again. You had the 1939 Batman in Generations. Superman Smashes the Klan. The return of the JSA. The upcoming JSA animated movie, headlined by a Golden Age Wonder Woman. Now this...

Nothing really new in that AMA, mostly repeating stuff that we already saw somewhere else. He did mention that he is currently also doing research for a very, very Asian project, but he can't share much about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Nothing really new in that AMA, mostly repeating stuff that we already saw somewhere else. He did mention that he is currently also doing research for a very, very Asian project, but he can't share much about it yet.
    Interesting I wonder what that’s about? It wasn’t clear if it was DC related or not either. If it is DC related and Asian focused, I remain hopeful that Kenan will show up.

I got the impression that it would be more Asian focused than Kenan's book and that sounds a bit strange considering the medium. Maybe black label book about some Asian character that he could go really deep?

Batman/Superman #19

written by Gene Luen Yang
    art by Emanuela Lupacchino, Steve
    Lieber, Darick Robertson, and Kyle
    Hotz
    cover by Ivan Reis
    variant cover by Greg Capullo
    ON SALE 6/22/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US | FC | DC

To thwart the apocalypse cascading across multiple realities, Batman and Superman must join forces with their counterparts and sojourn to strange lands! The World of the Knight and the World of Tomorrow are not the only two creations crafted by the sinister Auteur.io — and this nefarious cybernetic despot is hell-bent on at last crafting his own twisted notion of utopia. Join a list of all-star artists as we tour through the ARCHIVE OF WORLDS!

So Earth-Prime Bruce and Clark team up with their AU counterparts .