Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Earth-Prime Bruce and Clark team up with their AU counterparts .
    I’m really happy we’re getting Multiverse stories that don’t just use the alts as canon fodder (hopefully). Never thought I’d see the Justice Riders pop up again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

So the mainline versions will show up? Odd they're not on either cover. I hope that means these two particular alternate versions for all intents and purposes are more the stars of the title still. My idea of it having something to do with the Elseworld seems to be dead as that's some New God stuff, but my hope it could branch out into following these characters more remains.

As for Yang's other project, maybe it could be a repackaging of Kenan. I mean, lets be real, no way he could get away being called "New Superman" anymore.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-18-2021 at 08:13 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So the mainline versions will show up? Odd they're not on either cover. I hope that means these two particular alternate versions for all intents and purposes are more the stars of the title still. My idea of it having something to do with the Elseworld seems to be dead as that's some New God stuff, but my hope it could branch out into following these characters more remains.

As for Yang's other project, maybe it could be a repackaging of Kenan. I mean, lets be real, no way he could get away being called "New Superman" anymore.
    The idea seems to be that the Earth 0 versions will act as connective tissue to tell stories of all these Elseworld versions. The E0 Superman & Batman seem to be studying their doppelgängers for some reason.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hmm, potentially interesting as long as these particular AU versions aren't just throwaway when all is said and done. For the time being though I'll just enjoy what it is at the moment because it looks great.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yang wrote a Twitter thread about some background on the Superman motto, and the discussion he hoped to provoke: https://twitter.com/geneluenyang/sta...622900750?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Yang wrote a Twitter thread about some background on the Superman motto, and the discussion he hoped to provoke: https://twitter.com/geneluenyang/sta...622900750?s=21
    Side-note, now I'm hearing a resemblance between Kirk Alyn and Tyler Hoechlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Side-note, now I'm hearing a resemblance between Kirk Alyn and Tyler Hoechlin.
    You got me curious, how so? Wouldn’t surprise me if some artists did start drawing Clark like Hoechlin.

You got me curious, how so? Wouldn’t surprise me if some artists did start drawing Clark like Hoechlin.
    Not physically, necessarily, the voices just sound similar to me.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Bonus points to Reis for chest hair poking out of the shirt

I loved that cover of cowboy Superman and Batman, not gonna lie - little kid in me squealed. 33 and yet watching old westerns as a kid still comes back to me hard. Only thing that would have made it better was if they'd been chased by dinosaurs instead. What? Kid me's favorite western was Valley of Gwangi.

Finally read the first issue! Fair warning there will be spoilers below and I don’t want to put them in spoil captions because those are a pain. If a mod could add a Spoiler tag to the thread that would be great.

So we get two separate Golden Age-esque Superman & Batman on two separate worlds. The Superman one doesn’t have a Batman because Martha lived. The Batman’s version of Kal died before making it to Earth because a shard of Kryptonite was lodged into his rocket. There’s a bunch of other cool shake ups. Evil Alfred who seems to be hopped up on Red Kryptonite like Bane on Venom! Lois is the Spider Lady (and for those of you who want more Lois, there’s plenty of Loises here lmao)! Earth 0 Superman & Batman also show up at the end, holes between realities seem to be forming and that will probably be the overarching threat that ties all these worlds together.

Love the way Reis formatted this, two separate parallel stories each occurring across panels in spread pages. His art is fantastic too, I love his take on the retro futuristic Metropolis. I thought the panel “borders” being crafted as if they were film rolls was a cool touch as well.

This was a great first issue and I’m excited to see more.

The gimmick in this issue was fantastic. It really shows what comics can do that other mediums can't.

Issue was fun too, if a bit slight do to said gimmick. Looking forward to the next issue. Here's hoping we get a unified serial earth out of it.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I really dug this. I particularly like the BTAS/STAS-esque world they inhabit that seems to be the 1940s but with modern technology.

Looking forward to seeing where this story goes. Yang & Reis are clearly having a ball with this story so far.

So how did Lois appear as Spider Lady at the beginning?

Overall I enjoyed the issue and definitely dig Metropolis design by Reis, but... am I only one a bit upset that these new to comics characters are just alt versions of Lois and Luthor?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So how did Lois appear as Spider Lady at the beginning?

Overall I enjoyed the issue and definitely dig Metropolis design by Reis, but... am I only one a bit upset that these new to comics characters are just alt versions of Lois and Luthor?
    Two different worlds, two different Loises. Spider Lady Lois isn’t the same as Metropolis Lois. Guessing that guy living in the Batman world’s Fortress is also another take on Lex. I didn’t mind it because Lois & Lex won’t be in the main books for a while, so this is a nice alternative.