Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I hope Yang/Reis get to stick together a long time.
    Unfortunately an upcoming issue has Reis off and new artists replacing him. The replacements are still very good though, Luppacino is very talented, she did some Supergirl and Starfire stories a while back.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Unfortunately an upcoming issue has Reis off and new artists replacing him. The replacements are still very good though, Luppacino is very talented, she did some Supergirl and Starfire stories a while back.
    I love Luppacino so that's good, but do we know if Reis is off for good or just an issue? Considering how much work the guy's been putting out (on Superman alone, no less) I think he deserves a break.

By the way, did you follow up with those Superman by Morrison omnibus recalls?

I don't mind Luppacino, but after amazing #16 it does kill the hype a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I love Luppacino so that's good, but do we know if Reis is off for good or just an issue? Considering how much work the guy's been putting out (on Superman alone, no less) I think he deserves a break.

By the way, did you follow up with those Superman by Morrison omnibus recalls?
    Don’t know yet, we’ll find out when the next round of solicits comes out I guess.

Yeah DC is replacing them all for free which is nice (probably want to stay on Morrison’s good side given that new book they’re planning), and DCBS is sending me a free replacement.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don’t know yet, we’ll find out when the next round of solicits comes out I guess.

Yeah DC is replacing them all for free which is nice (probably want to stay on Morrison’s good side given that new book they’re planning), and DCBS is sending me a free replacement.
    Glad to hear it. They're not normally so groovy with replacements so I'm glad to hear they turned it around for you guys.

Not going to lie, for some reason I'm always super excited to read solicits-- probably because I'm desperate for more Green Arrow/Black Canary, JSA, Aquaman and many others. I'll be looking at those solicits carefully.

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #20

Story by Gene Luen Yang.

Ary by Ivan Reis, Danny Miki.

Covers by Ivan Reis, Danny Miki, Jenny Frison.

The Man of Steel and the Dark Knight need time to recover from their manic melee through the Archive of Worlds, but the heroes won't rest for long! Despite the efforts of new friends El Diablo and Alanna, Auteur.io, the cybernetic architect of these alternate realities, seems to have the upper hand! And to make matters worse, the Archive of Worlds unleashes its most horrific story ever put to magic-infused celluloid: the dark and twisted tale of that demon from the depths: Etrigan!

32 pages, $3.99 (Variant, $4.99), available on July 27.
    Looking pretty Hoechlin in that variant cover Reis is also still on!

Huh, before I saw the cover the solicit had me thinking they'd be done with these two versions by this time and the solicit meant they'd be returning focus to the main verse versions. Glad that it appears I was wrong, I shant be getting tired of them anytime soon.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hmm, think this is the first time I've seen Frison's art on DC's male heroes.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-24-2021 at 05:25 PM.

El Diablo from the Suicide Squad El Diablo? And Alanna Strange?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, think is the first time I've seen Frison's art on DC's male heroes.
    Yeah mostly I know her for her WW covers which I thought were great.

The hype train keeps on rollin'! Choo choo, motherfu--

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    El Diablo from the Suicide Squad El Diablo? And Alanna Strange?
    Odd choices right? Very curious to see what Yang’s game plan is here. Might be Multiversial versions of those two given the book.

It might be too much like Omni Brainiac but my initial though were that these "Film Archives" were stolen worlds.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It might be too much like Omni Brainiac but my initial though were that these "Film Archives" were stolen worlds.
    I think Auteur has created those worlds, he seems to be a cosmic entity.

Very possible as well, should be fun to find out!