Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I know they killed him in one of the animated shows, but I would LOVE for Zero the Hutt to show up. Maybe they had a nephew that was as... eccentric... as they were.
    Throw in Graballa .

I guess they never confirmed what happened to Jabba's kid. By now you'd think he'd have his own claim.
    It would be nice if, by the end of the season, they got a new Rancor for the pit. And Fett feeds the hut twins to it.
    Maybe bring back Muchi...

I'm a little concerned that in a 48-minute episode, 34 minutes of that time was a flashback. I mean, I did enjoy both halves of the story this time around but damn, that's an awful lot of time not advancing the present day timeline.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I'm a little concerned that in a 48-minute episode, 34 minutes of that time was a flashback. I mean, I did enjoy both halves of the story this time around but damn, that's an awful lot of time not advancing the present day timeline.
    I definitely want some more forward progression...but as long as the stories keep being good I'll trust them to do it in their time.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I think ultimately it will work if the flashbacks have a direct relation to what happens in the present.

Wonder if the flashbacks will eventually catch up to the Mandalorian, with him saving Fennic or witnessing the events of the Gunslinger from his POV.

Also, since the present part of the series is set in Mos Espa, and we already have Camie & Fixer cameo, wonder if they'll throw in Anakin's old friends & Watto somewhere.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Is it weird that I want to see Han show up but played by Alden Ehrenreich?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So at some point this season, Boba is going to throw down with a Wookie.
    Or maybe Fennec will. It looked like they were sizing each other up.

I loved Danny Trejo as the new Rancor master. With Robert Rodriguez driving Boba Fett, Trejo was a done deal to be included but I wasn't expecting an actual reoccurring character which certainly seems to be the case.

The pacing continues to be slow, making it feel like we're watching a film split into half hour increments rather than an actual show but the story is still compelling enough so I'm still on board.

I will say that the car chase in this episode was about the only misstep I've seen so far, they've been really good filming against an almost completely digital back ground so far with out it coming across as looking fake...but that's what we got here. They just seemed to completely forget to use practical wind effects in filming this scene so you have this gang on speeder bikes some of them with long hair and flowy clothes...but none of it moves which robs the scene of any feeling of action. The scenery whizzes by convincingly, and they smash up all kinds of digital scenery as they careen around the crowded streets but because nobody shows the physical effects of moving it comes across as more of a slow speed car chase than the other effects would lead you to believe. It's such an odd blunder for an otherwise cutting edge, big budget show.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't like the chase myself. There was a lack of speed to the whole thing. There was nothing exciting about it.

yeah that part fell pretty flat, also the aesthetics of the bikes in general look really out of place on Tatooine when everything else actually looks like its constantly getting sand blasted

I do like that the present day plot is now moving forward though
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-12-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I loved Danny Trejo as the new Rancor master. With Robert Rodriguez driving Boba Fett, Trejo was a done deal to be included but I wasn't expecting an actual reoccurring character which certainly seems to be the case.

The pacing continues to be slow, making it feel like we're watching a film split into half hour increments rather than an actual show but the story is still compelling enough so I'm still on board.

I will say that the car chase in this episode was about the only misstep I've seen so far, they've been really good filming against an almost completely digital back ground so far with out it coming across as looking fake...but that's what we got here. They just seemed to completely forget to use practical wind effects in filming this scene so you have this gang on speeder bikes some of them with long hair and flowy clothes...but none of it moves which robs the scene of any feeling of action. The scenery whizzes by convincingly, and they smash up all kinds of digital scenery as they careen around the crowded streets but because nobody shows the physical effects of moving it comes across as more of a slow speed car chase than the other effects would lead you to believe. It's such an odd blunder for an otherwise cutting edge, big budget show.
    Noticed that myself.

It looked like the slowest car chase ever. It would have been more believable had they all been race walking.

So Boba's syndicate grows: 4 racer kids, 1 Bantha and 1 Danny Trejo .

I hope Rogue Wookie or whatever his name is comes back to work for Boba. At least he knows Boba's not gonna sell him into slavery ( going by the old EU books that is something that Wookies really don't take well to.The Twins may have made an enemy for life).

I have to say I expected the Dances With Bantha/A Man called Rancor stuff to last longer. The Directors were obviously having a great time with it.

I'm kinda surprised by this. Restraint isn't something R. Rodriguez is known for.

Extraordinary Member

I get that Boba is a spiritual, compassionate being. But he needs to start whipping some ass. He's looking real sawft right now. I mean damn...not one hand on the mayor's butler...
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 01-12-2022 at 03:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I get that Boba is a spiritual, compassionate being. But he needs to start whipping some ass. He's looking real sawft right now. I mean damn...not one hand on the mayor's butler...
    For an old dude he's hard. I was thinking about his showing against evil Wookie (can't remember that name for anything, lol). He did better than most of his crew and he had just woken up.

If in canon Boba is over 50 (and undergoing what seems to be space chemo on top of that), his showings are fair considering his beat down condition.

But I don't know if Boba's Temura is supposed to be playing an old dude or is it that the Producers aren't gonna make Temura do more than he's able and they are gonna tailor the action scenes and the storyline to his perfectly understandable limitations.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

I don't want to be that guy regarding why the Wookie didn't shoot Boba in the tank, plenty of characters in Star Wars use melee weapons or lesser versions of weapons (Resistance Bombers, ugh) for rule of cool; however, didn't they introduce him holding a big ass rifle in the previous episode? Kinda draws too much attention to the decision to come at Boba with some spiked vibro knuckles.

Chase scene was definitely the most noticeable special effect failure of this filming method so far.

I do like the idea that the Pike's are the main enemy of this story. They have gotten away with a lot of **** on account of never being the primary target of the Jedi or Republic characters. Like sure once or twice they were in over their head picking a fight with Ahsoka, but she was concerned with rescuing friends not actually doing damage to the Pikes. And they are much more in your face about their untouchable status compared to the Hutts, so getting them taken down a peg would be cool in my book.

Trejo as the rancor trainer -- classic! And one of the actresses from Yellowjackets is in this.

Show's building momentum.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Noticed that myself.

It looked like the slowest car chase ever. It would have been more believable had they all been race walking.

So Boba's syndicate grows: 4 racer kids, 1 Bantha and 1 Danny Trejo .

I hope Rogue Wookie or whatever his name is comes back to work for Boba. At least he knows Boba's not gonna sell him into slavery ( going by the old EU books that is something that Wookies really don't take well to.The Twins may have made an enemy for life).

I have to say I expected the Dances With Bantha/A Man called Rancor stuff to last longer. The Directors were obviously having a great time with it.

I'm kinda surprised by this. Restraint isn't something R. Rodriguez is known for.
    Black Kurastan actually willingly sold himself into slavery, he got kicked off Kashykk for being too brutal so he sold himself to the lizard guys to become a gladiator.