Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I read a thing on the Force dot net that the Christmas special has been reference more than the ST & PT in the new shows.

I find that hard to believe as I can only think of the rifle, Life Day, and that line above as CS references.
    Yeah, that doesn't hold much water with the PT anyway. Even if you put the Mandolorian aside for a little bit, and just count Boba Fett all the shots of Jango and Kamino in the flash backs take up way more time than the sly reference to the dinosaur and the use of forked rifle in the Mandolorian.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Funny thing is the painting of Jabba's court (Based on concept/production art for ROTJ) has Boba in it as well.

Think outside of reference books this is the first "canon" link we've had between the Witches of Dathomir/nightsisters and the Rancors. When the Witches were first introduced in the now-Legends EU novel Courtship of Princess Leia they were involved with Rancors, but I don't recall anything in Clone Wars or Fallen Order dealing with the Rancors. Rancors do shop but they're a separate species on Felucia.
    Ventress riding a Rancor would've been pretty cool.

The car chase was superfluous. They just needed an action scene at the end. Not like the end was in doubt. Do like the kids and their Mod Scooters.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I, too, was hoping for more Wookie arm ripping action since all the those kiddos had bionic stuff going on. Would've been perfect time for that ... ;D
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mandalorian likewise featured creatures from the Ewok films.

It's *possible* Kylo Ren's name was a small nod to this DROIDS villain:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Gir_Kybo_Ren-Cha
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Gotta agree with most of the gripes here; car chase was underwhelming, the "gang" seem to be more bored teenagers than hardened criminals, and that's a weird fit for Boba. Lack of legitimate wookie violence was a disappointment. Boba's general lack of badassery is also growing old; good to show that he's careful and considerate now in his old age but he wrecked more people in one episode of Mandalorian than in three of his own show.

Very interested in the pykes and what they're up to, and it was nice to have an episode that didn't focus on flashbacks and finally started moving the story forward. Rancor should be fun, assuming it's not a clever and elaborate trap (awfully nice gift to a guy you just tried to kill over territory you're now abandoning) and trainer Trejo is the thing I never knew I always needed.

Still enjoying it, but ready for the show to get on the road, finish the setup, and make something spectacular happen. Still not as good as Mandalorian. But enjoying it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

It's really too bad we didn't get a real one-on-one showdown between Boba and Black Krrysantan with him in his armor, and them really going at it. Having it be a fight scene at the beginning of an ep rather than a climax was also underwhelming. (just as the Tusken massacre was - underwhelming for what it should have been)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's really too bad we didn't get a real one-on-one showdown between Boba and Black Krrysantan with him in his armor, and them really going at it. Having it be a fight scene at the beginning of an ep rather than a climax was also underwhelming. (just as the Tusken massacre was - underwhelming for what it should have been)
    Yeah, to be honest it kind of felt more understated than I was expecting...Boba just goes out, comes back, and whoops! The Tusken's are all dead.

Ultimate Member

Maybe it was supposed to subvert expectations?

I'm ready for Boba to cut out the platitudes and "niceties" and just start wrecking people. I was expecting him to be a lot more ruthless in this series.

(Also, I love Temeura Morrison, but it always takes me out of it when Boba takes his helmet off)

I don't think that this will be the last that we will see of Black Krrysantan. At least I hope not.

He's just too good to use for about 5-10 mins. And I agree with some posters about Teen Force. Really not feeling them and they look too soft to handle any hardened criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm ready for Boba to cut out the platitudes and "niceties" and just start wrecking people. I was expecting him to be a lot more ruthless in this series.

(Also, I love Temeura Morrison, but it always takes me out of it when Boba takes his helmet off)
    So am I. Let Boba be Boba.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think that this will be the last that we will see of Black Krrysantan. At least I hope not.

He's just too good to use for about 5-10 mins. And I agree with some posters about Teen Force. Really not feeling them and they look too soft to handle any hardened criminals.
    I was confused when he hired them and then Black Krrysantan ripped Boba out of the tank. Then I went ..." They have robot parts!" And was expecting some crazy Wookiee violence.

Then it never happened.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I was confused when he hired them and then Black Krrysantan ripped Boba out of the tank. Then I went ..." They have robot parts!" And was expecting some crazy Wookiee violence.

Then it never happened.
    Boba's probably gonna have Black Krrysantan help him take on the Pykes. What he's got with him right now ain't enough.

Plus he's gonna want payback for the Pykes killing his Tuskan Raider tribe.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I actually like that he's not absolutely ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I don't think Teen Force is supposed to be all that intimidating