Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Book Of Boba Fett (2021)

Figured we can have a separate thread for this now we know it's a independent series to Mandalorian.

Two questions I would love Book of Boba Fett (or at least some future Star Wars content) to answer in regards to Tatooine:

a. Whatever happened to Jabba's son, Rotta? Essentially the big plot point of the 2008 Clone Wars movie his fate after the prequels (plus whoever the heck his mother is) remains a bit of a mystery, and assuming he was alive after his dad's death and old enough to attempt to gain power, I figure he could be an interesting character for a Boba Fett series. (I realize Jabba's family is a tad backstabby so he might be dead but still.)

b. In expanded lore Jabba's biggest competitor was Lady Valarian, a Whiphid (think warthog like) female crime boss operating from Mos Eisley, and is I gather still in continuity. Did she attempt to take over Tattoine after Jabba's death and could she actually turn up in live action or animation some day? Just the description makes her an interesting character and she could be a great threat to Boba's rise to power... or a total pushover, but still!

As someone was in the "Boba Fett sucks" camp, surprised to say I'm actually looking forward to this show.

One thing I'd like to see expanded upon is his relationship with Fennec: What made him decide to save her, (it couldn't have been easy) had they maybe even met before? How much of her is cybernetic now, what are the conditions of her service to him and is it finite or is she indebted forever? They seem to have a good rapport and work together well. I hope that it's actually a good relationship rather than her being in any way reluctant. Boba's supposed to be a bad guy, but I hope he's not that bad a bad guy...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-22-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Wonder if Boba would take out a contract on Han and Leia again for revenge for Jabba's death, like he did in the old comics; although CGIing young Han and Leia might be kind of tough (CG young Leia in ROS was mostly covered, and even recent example Luke was also covered by a hood and standing still).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

I don't know if you could do them convincingly. Mark Hamil seems to have this problem where nobody can get his face right and The Mandalorian was kind of obvious with the stand in. Leia didn't really have to do much but maybe they could get it right with Harrison Ford.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Since they can't have a young Han Solo appear in any meaningful way, I'd rather they just throw in a line about how Boba doesn't care - whether he has bigger fish to fry or that it he doesn't hold grudges for things that happen in the heat of battle, etc. That said, a space battle between Slave-1 and the Falcon where all you see of Han is that fuzzy blue hologram where he and Boba hash it out....? Maybe ....

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    One thing I'd like to see expanded upon is his relationship with Fennec: Why made him decide to save her, (it couldn't have been easy) had they maybe even met before? How much of her is cybernetic now, what are the conditions of her service to him and is it finite or is she indebted forever? They seem to have a good rapport and work together well. I hope that it's actually a good relationship rather than her being in any way reluctant. Boba's supposed to be a bad guy, but I hope he's not that bad a bad guy...
    I think we're going to see Boba and Fennec meet in Bad Batch.

Ironically enough she seems to serve a similar role to Boba that Zam Wesell did for Jango. Hopefully Boba doesn't kill her like his dad did his partner.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Ironically enough she seems to serve a similar role to Boba that Zam Wesell did for Jango. Hopefully Boba doesn't kill her like his dad did his partner.
    Now that I think about it, yeah. Honestly can't believe I didn't notice the similarity.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

My first thought too when he repeated the "just a simple man" line. Even acts as the sniper to his gunslinger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    As someone was in the "Boba Fett sucks" camp, surprised to say I'm actually looking forward to this show.
    I am STILL in that camp. Some many other Mandos are better ... that being said .. I am pumped for this.

Largely due to Fennec.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I am STILL in that camp. Some many other Mandos are better ... that being said .. I am pumped for this.

Largely due to Fennec.

I really want to see what the next five minutes of this scene was...
    "Okay - we have the throne... what now? Want a drink?"
    "No"
    "... So.... How long are we going to just sit here?"
    "I'm taking in the moment."
    "You got it, boss.... >glug glug<"
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-22-2020 at 05:22 PM.

More Ming-Na Wen is never a bad thing .

Extraordinary Member

I'm not really convinced of that show, I mean I like Boba Fett, but the Actor seems way to old (Boba is significantly younger than Bo Katan).

I want to see Fett in his prime and not as an grizzled old man who barely fits in his armor.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I'm not really convinced of that show, I mean I like Boba Fett, but the Actor seems way to old (Boba is significantly younger than Bo Katan).

I want to see Fett in his prime and not as an grizzled old man who barely fits in his armor.
    Eh, it's pretty typical Hollywood age play, and not even a really egregious one either.

You mention Bo-Katan, did you feel Katee Sackhoff was unbelievable in that role? She is playing a character that is at least ten years older than she actually is, and one that's lead a hard, violent life at that so you wouldn't be off base in casting an older woman to play her and yet because Katee did the character's voice for so long and she does have the right physical presence(as seen in Battle Star Galactica) that it just feels right despite it all. And it's not unusual either, in a profession where youth is often seen as a benefit younger actors often play older characters.

Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum you'll often see older actors, especially male actors, play younger characters and Temuera Morrison playing a character that's twenty years younger than him isn't the most egregious...especially when you factor in that the character was partially digested by a giant sand monster so it's not like he's going to look in his prime.