Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Not directly related to the show but he's some Boba Fett from the cancelled 1313 video game.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/shinobi60...63068612071425
    Looks like it would've been fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if that particular N-1 (In a better state) was the one piloted by Anakin. There's some writing near the cockpit that could confirm this I guess, "internet detectives" can probably figure it out.
    I've seen side by sides of the writing on Anakin's ship and this one and they're noticeably different, so almost certainly different ships

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Kind of a waste of Boba's show, especially with the time crunch of so few episodes...but man was it good!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Kind of a waste of Boba's show, especially with the time crunch of so few episodes...but man was it good!
    It is kind of hilarious when the star of the show is credited and only appears in a recap .

Well that was...weird. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but by the time the Boba Fett end music started, I had completely forgotten what show I was watching.

There were some plot points for Din's journey, but not major plot points, so it feels like there were things they wanted to show for the next Mandalorian season but they just couldn't fit them in. Meanwhile, they're stretching out the Boba Fett plots, so they just dumped some stuff here. At least it was fun. I liked Din being stopped by those cops again, Amy Sedaris being funny, and was that droid the same one you see in the line at Star Tours in Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If someone is going to run that line of BS, they should at least take it to it's logical conclusion: ask for an Aeon Flux like show where Boba dies at the end of every episode due to a jet pack related accident.
    What an insane idea. But maybe not too insane since they can just say they're all clones or something.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I don’t think he *is* a bounty hunter anymore - not really. It’s his side hustle and payment plan, but he’s really gone full knight errant in terms of profession - he lives for quests, challenges and worthy causes. He never used the carbonite chamber after Chapter 3, has gone against, above and beyond the Guild Code when he felt it was necessary and righteous. And while his quest with Grogu is over, he has a new impossible quest to fulfil, and actually seems to get some swagger back when told he must find the holy waters of Mandalore.

Dude’s basically Perceval or Gawain from Camelot, just in Star Wars.
    I am eager to see how that plays out next season.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Well that was...weird. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but by the time the Boba Fett end music started, I had completely forgotten what show I was watching.

There were some plot points for Din's journey, but not major plot points, so it feels like there were things they wanted to show for the next Mandalorian season but they just couldn't fit them in. Meanwhile, they're stretching out the Boba Fett plots, so they just dumped some stuff here. At least it was fun. I liked Din being stopped by those cops again, Amy Sedaris being funny, and was that droid the same one you see in the line at Star Tours in Disney?

What an insane idea. But maybe not too insane since they can just say they're all clones or something.

I am eager to see how that plays out next season.
    Yeah that was totally the droid from Star Tours, I don't know if they used Paul Reubens to do the voice again though like they did in Rebels.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I wonder what it's like dating a Jawa...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't need to know that Jawa's are furry.

Extraordinary Member

I just want to point this out…

Din’s got an Excalibur/Sword In the Stone-style story going on with the Darksaber, and the Armorer is acting as a straight-up Mentor archetype for him, and we even got a training scene… and it was AWESOME. Even if it was predictable, and even if it was conventional, and even if it honestly very much what people want and expect out of Star Wars.

You know who could have had that kind of story? And probably had a lot more depth, focus, personality, and fans than she wound up with in TLJ’s take on the same rough starting point? Rey.

The Armorer ain’t Luke, Din doesn’t have as vicious an enemy as Kylo, though the ties to Grogu and Finn are both excellent, and Din’s always had more time… but holy ****, guys, I think Rey might have been better if she got the conventional, expected story people are getting from Din! who could have thought that!?! I thought Rian Johnson proved that focusing on the main character, having them trained, and making the Mnetor character and actual Mentor character was a bad idea!

/s
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Din’s got an Excalibur/Sword In the Stone-style story going on with the Darksaber, and the Armorer is acting as a straight-up Mentor archetype for him, and we even got a training scene… and it was AWESOME. Even if it was predictable, and even if it was conventional, and even if it honestly very much what people want and expect out of Star Wars.

You know who could have had that kind of story? And probably had a lot more depth, focus, personality, and fans than she wound up with in TLJ’s take on the same rough starting point? Rey.

The Armorer ain’t Luke, Din doesn’t have as vicious an enemy as Kylo, though the ties to Grogu and Finn are both excellent, and Din’s always had more time… but holy ****, guys, I think Rey might have been better if she got the conventional, expected story people are getting from Din! who could have thought that!?! I thought Rian Johnson proved that focusing on the main character, having them trained, and making the Mnetor character and actual Mentor character was a bad idea!

/s
    vicious is not the word I'd ever use to describe Kylo. Whiny and nonthreatening? Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't need to know that Jawa's are furry.
    It's sort of been semi-canon since the 70s that they basically look like bipedal rats or mice under the cloaks.

As for the RX/Star Tours droids, there is also one in the Sanctuary club but he's a Sabaac dealer. (Seems to be a nod to the Galaxy's edge one who runs a bar).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-29-2022 at 11:53 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

/s
    Hopefully he doesn't hit himself with his own sword the next time he uses it.

Actually, I wonder if he might get some pointers from Luke when he goes to see Grogu.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    It's sort of been semi-canon since the 70s that they basically look like bipedal rats or mice under the cloaks.

As for the RX/Star Tours droids, there is also one in the Sanctuary club but he's a Sabaac dealer. (Seems to be a nod to the Galaxy's edge one who runs a bar).
    The Galaxy edge one is the one from star tours, he apparently crashed and was salvaged by the bar owner

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hopefully he doesn't hit himself with his own sword the next time he uses it.

Actually, I wonder if he might get some pointers from Luke when he goes to see Grogu.
    Here is something that I think is being set up, and that I'm super excited for:

- Din’s struggles with the Darksaber, where he’s fighting it and his temperament is causing issues with how he wields it, is pretty much an exaggerated version of Sabine’s struggles back in Trials of the Darksaber. In other words, he’s got an identity and purpose crisis even worse than hers in that episode of Rebels.

- Similarly, the Armorer is doing *some* of the psychoanalysis that Kanan did in that episode… but only some.

- Din’s also clearly in need of a purpose; he's going through an empty-nester mid-life crisis on top of being exiled from his tribe.

Someone, either Luke, Ahsoka, or Sabine, is going to eventually finish the Trial of the Darksaber story for Din (I’d prefer Sabine for the sheer irony of her switching positions), and likely as part of him actualizing into his main goal going forward.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sucks when you don't have a ship and have to fly commercial.
    That bothered me. They took an Imperial cruiser at the end on Mando, there should have been a shuttle or something he could have commandeered for a replacement ship. Even if it wasn't great and still got replaced later, he should have gotten something of his own.
    Sounds perfect.