Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I really hope this was the last of the flashbacks as they're really killing the pacing of the story
    Now that he doesn't have to be inside the bacta tank I think the story has caught up to the mandalorian time-wise. The only thing remaining now is how did Boba learn Din had his suit?
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-20-2022 at 02:48 AM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Sure, but that doesn't necessarily make for a better story. On one hand, you have Ned Stark's fate which was unexpected and added to the story, this was just underwhelming.

No, I didn't think it was, but it seemed unlikely that we'd get to see Boba in full armor square off against him. Now they're going to be allies, so we'll likely never get to see that epic fight. (like how Fenec faced off against Cad Bane competing for a bounty with all their weapons, wits and fists in "Bad Batch")

Yeah, the music cue definitely implies he'll be showing up, though I wish they had actually just surprised us with it. (and maybe it's all over the internet or something, but I hadn't heard it so that surprise would have been nice)

I feel silly for not realizing until this ep that the "mod gang" was a double-entendre based on their modifications.(I already figured about the 60's mod vespa kids ... Mos Espa... vespa....I see what they did there....)

Fenec's line doubting the biker gang took out the Tuskens makes me think the Pykes did it and just used their symbol to frame them.

Yep direct reference to the 60s vespa British Mods. Pretty funny actually.

Astonishing Member

Loved this episode. Had me cracking up everything was done great.

I will say Boba decimating the swoop gang with Slave 1 was a really good scene

Mighty Member

I liked how his ship was inside Jabba's palace.

Things are really going to have to heat up in the next episode.

Does anyone think Boba will still be daimyo of Mos Espa at the end?

I might be n the minority, but I like the flashback stories as much as the present day ones. To me it all is a part of the whole.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I might be n the minority, but I like the flashback stories as much as the present day ones. To me it all is a part of the whole.
    I like the flashbacks as well, but I do feel that at times their inclusion did effect the pacing. I almost feel like it would have been better if they had just done it chronologically from the start rather than trying to do both at once.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I think this episode was definitely more of what people were expecting from the series, and with some much-needed development of Fennec and why she threw her lot in with Boba as well as why Boba even decided to go into the crime lord business to begin with.

I see now they're trying to explain the young mod squad with the one, lone, hip modification parlor on Tatooine.

"I need your help getting Slave- I mean, my Firespray ship."

So I guess we're done with the flashbacks and just skipping over the part where Boba finds Cobb Vanth and finds out who took his armor. Hopefully now that he's fully healed he can get straight to the action instead of leaving it to others.

Boba using his new Rancor to great effect.

I see Black Krrsantan believes the only good Trandoshan is a dead Trandoshan...or a dismembered Trandoshan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...or a dismembered Trandoshan.
    I know a good body modification shop.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I like the flashbacks as well, but I do feel that at times their inclusion did effect the pacing. I almost feel like it would have been better if they had just done it chronologically from the start rather than trying to do both at once.
    Thinking about it, I imagine that if this show had gone in chronological order, it might seem very disjointed between the past and the present. Not to mention the gap skipping the stuff that happened in "The Mandalorian" would have been odd. Seeing Boba become acclimated to the Sandpeople juxtaposed with seeing him acclimate within another new social situation works as a parallel narrative to me. Seeing him reveal his reason for wanting to be a boss and start his own clan right before the climax rather than before he assumes control makes it more poignant.

I think it was the writers' decision, where they didn't really have a lot of stuff happen in the present day stuff that's less than satisfying. First we think the mayor's the problem, then we think its the Hutts, then it might be the biker gang, but oh - it's the Pykes. There was no real momentum or storyline for the present day crime stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I know a good body modification shop.
    Lol. I am dedd...

For real we needed more Wookiee dismemberment though.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

You know, for me this show is more and more vibing the Star Wars Holiday Special. But somehow without being bad. I mean, there was a Boba Fett sequence in that special, right?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    You know, for me this show is more and more vibing the Star Wars Holiday Special. But somehow without being bad. I mean, there was a Boba Fett sequence in that special, right?
    Yeah, and they had a great reference to the Holiday Special cartoon when the rancor was introduced; the trainer explains how Night Sisters would ride them into battle and Boba's reply was, "I've ridden bigger."

They have the full cartoon on Disney + to watch actually.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mandalorian also referred to the Holiday special-His first weapon is similar to Boba's in that same special. Pretty sure "life day" is mentioned to.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth