Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

So looking back at Boba's inspiration-Man With No Name and Yojimbo, makes me wonder if the fact that Fett seems to be somewhat 'nicer' is inspired in part by those characters-who start as fairly mercenary-becoming sort of more heroic, especially after a humbling experience.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So looking back at Boba's inspiration-Man With No Name and Yojimbo, makes me wonder if the fact that Fett seems to be somewhat 'nicer' is inspired in part by those characters-who start as fairly mercenary-becoming sort of more heroic, especially after a humbling experience.
    I think it's just a common heroic arc for characters that start as rough and morally ambiguous. Look at Wolverine who was a crazy wildcard when he was a supporting character and what happened when he became more of a lead.

*****SPOILERS FOR LATEST EP*****
    -- Not that I'm not happy to see Mando again, but man that was a lot of filler... The beginning stuff was cool, but all that stuff with the ship just went on ... and where is Mando supposed to keep his bounties? On long trips he's just stuck sitting in that tiny cockpit too.

Niffleheim

I'm in heaven right now, Favreau is actually referencing Rebels and Clone Wars and actually writing Bo-Katan the way she should be written. It will be better for the character long term not to sweep what she did under the rug. Calling her a cautionary tale and reminding viewers that she was gifted the darksaber was great. I was apprehensive that they would make her heroic but i'm glad they are going this route with her. Fantastic episode. So far Chapter 2 & 5 are my favourites.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think it's just a common heroic arc for characters that start as rough and morally ambiguous. Look at Wolverine who was a crazy wildcard when he was a supporting character and what happened when he became more of a lead.

-- Not that I'm not happy to see Mando again, but man that was a lot of filler... The beginning stuff was cool, but all that stuff with the ship just went on ... and where is Mando supposed to keep his bounties? On long trips he's just stuck sitting in that tiny cockpit too.
    I haven't seen it yet, but before wasn't he freezing his bounties in Carbonite? After that they can go into a storage space without life support, so long as it is big enough.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I haven't seen it yet, but before wasn't he freezing his bounties in Carbonite? After that they can go into a storage space without life support, so long as it is big enough.
    Yeah, but he was able to store several bounties on the Razorcrest and there's all the mechanics needed to freeze them. A fighter (for a sec, I thought it was going to be a B-Wing under the tarp) doesn't seem quite large enough for that equipment. (now it makes me think we won't see Mando just do the bounty hunter thing in the next season of his show)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-26-2022 at 05:47 AM.

Well bedsides a certain part of that episode that went on for way tooo long. The best episode of the season for me and it was an episode of the Mandalorian until the last 5secs.

Oh, and it was crazy how the little wrapped up bindle (of what I imagine is chain mail) actually looked like Grogu's head, with the ears.

Oh, and it was crazy how the little wrapped up bindle (of what I imagine is chain mail) actually looked like Grogu's head, with the ears.
    Maybe but I don’t think it’s armor I think it’s a toy. He replaced the shifter nob from the Old ship Grogu loved. Hopefully we find out next week but probably gotta wait for mando s3.

Edit: after think about this for like 20secs. That would be a huge waste of Beskar to make a toy ball. The chains were probaly for chain mail not a toy lol. Plus I think he still had the shifter nob found it in the ruble.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-26-2022 at 05:48 AM.

I want to believe that Bo Katann can rise to the occasion and become a great ruler but....nope LOL. We know this character. She is her own worst enemy. She doesn't even have a tragic backstory to make me feel sorry for her.

When a hardcore cult leader is calling the character a cautionary tale you know things are bad. Unfortunately Mando is too popular to be tied down to one planet ruling it. Grogu is too young. I guess she is going to be the ruler.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I just got caught up on Book of BF this week. Watched the first 4 Mon/Tue and then ep5 this morning.

I feel the series is moving slow(likely discussed in all these pages) despite the two timelines. I don't mind the nostalgia lift I'm just eager for the story to move faster.

Interesting that episode 5 was largely just a "Mandalorian in-between seasons chapter" before in the last 2 minutes he agrees to help Boba, but yet we never saw Boba the whole episode. I do feel that was something of a mistake. His show gets 8 episodes and one whole episode is relegated to another characters journey.

So we have 3 episodes to deal with the Pikes now. Lets go.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So we have 3 episodes to deal with the Pikes now. Lets go.
    Actually there are only 2 episodes remaining.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Question: Is this the first time we've been told that it's not easy to wield the Darksaber? It seems one has to be mentally in tune with it or something...?

Extraordinary Member

Question: Is this the first time we've been told that it's not easy to wield the Darksaber? It seems one has to be mentally in tune with it or something...?
    That's a property of all Lightsabers in Disney Canon. It came up in Rebels, when Kanan was training Satine to use the Darksaber

well...
    that was a good episode of the Mandolorian sandwiched in the middle of Boba Fett's series, can't say I was expecting that at all

Extraordinary Member

The droid port is just big enough to be Grogu's kiddy seat. So that's almost certainly what it's going to be.

I feel bad for Mando's future bounty victims. They are either getting Carbonite frozen and put into the starfighter equivalent of the trunk or they are getting beheaded and the head gets to ride in the driver's seat with Mando.

He's gonna miss having the Razor Crest's bathroom real soon I bet ya. Maybe we'll get scenes of Mando stopping by Mos Eisley to get more adult diapers.