Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Maybe Razor Crest was a bit of a custom job. It's been pointed out that it closely resembles the Republic Gunship from the prequels...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That bothered me. They took an Imperial cruiser at the end on Mando, there should have been a shuttle or something he could have commandeered for a replacement ship. Even if it wasn't great and still got replaced later, he should have gotten something of his own.
    He probably didn't want anything Imperial.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I imagine it riding on anything Imperial will draw more attention than Din would like.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That bothered me. They took an Imperial cruiser at the end on Mando, there should have been a shuttle or something he could have commandeered for a replacement ship. Even if it wasn't great and still got replaced later, he should have gotten something of his own.
    It’s possible that Din didn’t want to risk being anymore in Bo’s debt at that point; yes, he’d already promised to consider joining her cause on top of helping her get Gideon, Gideon’s ship, and the Darksaber, but Din could clearly read the room enough to identify that him ending up with the Darksaber was a major blow to Bo.

I can easily see him hiring a ride with Cara to see Gideon delivered to authorities just to get off the ship before awkwardness possibly turning into violence with someone who’d just helped him rescue Grogu happened, then finding that tracking down the old Covert was easier to accomplish than what he’d just done, and heading their as soon as he could.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It’s possible that Din didn’t want to risk being anymore in Bo’s debt at that point; yes, he’d already promised to consider joining her cause on top of helping her get Gideon, Gideon’s ship, and the Darksaber, but Din could clearly read the room enough to identify that him ending up with the Darksaber was a major blow to Bo.

I can easily see him hiring a ride with Cara to see Gideon delivered to authorities just to get off the ship before awkwardness possibly turning into violence with someone who’d just helped him rescue Grogu happened, then finding that tracking down the old Covert was easier to accomplish than what he’d just done, and heading their as soon as he could.
    I really was surprised he'd successfully split off from Bo given she felt she needed the Darksaber. I'm kind of wondering how that happened and what Bo is doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I imagine it riding on anything Imperial will draw more attention than Din would like.
    Yeah, especially since he always has frequent run-ins with Captain Teva.

Speaking of Teva, wonder if his appearance here was a bit of compensation to Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, who would presumably be in the Rangers show had it not been canned (thanks to Gina's antics). They did say that some of the abandoned concepts from that show would wind up in other shows...then again this could've been shot prior to that cancellation.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really was surprised he'd successfully split off from Bo given she felt she needed the Darksaber. I'm kind of wondering how that happened and what Bo is doing now.
    I could see her emerging as a rival for Din later… or it could be that she’ll actually show up soon, make her offer again, and they’ll excuse their separation for this last episode as being the ultimately temporary result of Din preferring to see if he can rejoin his Covert and Bo still being upset over the whole Darksaber thing.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they want to take their time in separating Din more and more from his old ties and other factions of Mandalorians to emphasize he stands alone and must decide his own destiny; I’m fairly convinced that Luke will end up telling him that he and Grogu can’t be family anymore, and I could see him try working with Bo Katan, only to later find that it doesn’t work out because he doesn’t have a clan like she does, and the pressures of clan politics prevent any true compromise with him as her champion.

Then he’ll finally decide to take that “quest” to find the holy waters of Mandalore’s minds, more for himself than others, and that will eventually see him emerge refined into the more assertive leader Mandalore needs.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Saw one of the major plot developments in Chapter 6 coming a mile away, but it was so well done I can't complain. I might "I told you so," though it's not official and I suppose I could still prove wrong, so I won't... yet. But I can't complain.

Rumors proved true, on multiple fronts, and it was worth the price of admission.

spoilers:
    And at least two guest cast I didn't see coming. One I'd hoped, but assumed wouldn't appear, in Cobb Vanth. He better not be dead! And the other actually, genuinely surprised me in a great way. Ahsoka! And it would seem not her first meeting with Master Luke. This was a meeting so long in the coming that my mind is still going over it. And give Rosario Dawson credit, when she finally gets to crack a smile and laugh she's Snips through and through. But that Cad Bane cameo. Frack me I needed that.
    end of spoilers

Finale looks to mean war. With heroes (or at least names) on both sides. This show hasn't been at all what I expected, but that just means I have no idea where it's going next and that's proving fun.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

So that expression "well, that was a thing...:

Yeah, that was like 5 things.

****SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 6****
    I won't give too much away yet, but reactions:
    -- Holy Frak - when that hazy silhouette first appeared in the desert, my heart started beating fast...
    -- Although, when the deputy didn't go inside, it was fairly clear what was going to happen.
    -- Loved the "The Untouchables" reference. Nice.
    -- Looks like they fixed a certain problem from the Mando finale. Works better this time.
    -- Kinda risky having two chapters in a row not featuring Boba. Did he even have any lines or was it just Fenec talking?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-02-2022 at 07:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ****SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 6****
    -- Kinda risky having two chapters in a row not featuring Boba. Did he even have any lines or was it just Fenec talking?
    Boba was shown in the meeting room with his helmet off.
    He had no lines.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-02-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Crazy how the best episodes of this show are the ones were the title character is absent.

No lie, I want Grogu to chose the armor. I feel that having to make that choice is hypocritical on Luke's end. He didn't cut off his connection to Leia after becoming a Jedi.

spoilers:
    Seeing Luke and Ahsoka share a screen is something I wanted for a long time. I like it's implied this isn't their first meeting. I wish their interaction wasn't so brief.

marked huge for Cad Bane return. It sounds like things are personal between him and Boba
    end of spoilers

and another animated character makes the jump to live action, and once again it's really well done, in this case I'd say it's utter perfection

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

No lie, I want Grogu to chose the armor. I feel that having to make that choice is hypocritical on Luke's end. He didn't cut off his connection to Leia after becoming a Jedi.
    The Jedi aren't "No attachments!," they believe that you have to be able to let go, to be able to put them aside when the time comes and to focus on your responsibilities as a Jedi.

Luke gave Grogu what Anakin never had. An explicit, meaningful choice. Not to mention his implied support in whatever path Grogu takes. Luke is simply acknowledging that Grogu's heart may not lie on the Jedi path. Had Obi-Wan shown this degree of understanding of Anakin the universe would have ended up a very different place. Because Anakin always had this same choice, implicitly. But nobody was ever there to tell him, it's ok to follow your heart if you want. You can choose this other path over the Jedi way and it would be completely fine, and I'll back your choice.

Luke, like Din, seems to genuinely want what is best for Grogu. And Luke is willing to put aside the needs of his future Academy, his own eagerness to train new Jedi, and even the needs of the larger galaxy who so desperately need those Jedi and tell Grogu, "If your heart lies elsewhere, go walk that path and be well." That's the polar opposite of the Republic Jedi of the past and their approach.

Extraordinary Member

This was excellent again; like last week’s, this episode’s biggest issue is that it exposes the bad pacing in the rest of the season which isn’t its problem.

And this is effectively a genuine, 100% crossover episode, exposing/highlighting that we should probably consider the D+ Star Wars shows to run a bit like TCW - able to shift between different stories and characters on a white when it wants to, as long as the finale gets done correctly.

…And yeah, I can’t help but notice that Grogu’s a damn Mupoet Baby who doesn’t even talk, but the character benefitted more from hanging around Luke for one episode than Rey did for an entire movie with Rian Johnson’s shitty pretentious writing.