Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I would hope that they could reconcile rather than being enemies
    Being framed for terrorism is pretty hard to reconcile. The impact that had on Ahsoka would make it difficult to forgive. Even more so if Bariss fully succumbed to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    This is actually fairly likely. She was never seen dead in either the show or the movies (Her master is a different story)-there was a death scene planned for ROTS but it was deleted. Filoni said he did have plans for the character as well hence her not dying in "Wrong Jedi"....and just a few days ago there are rumors about her being in the Ashoka show.
    I figured If she survived order 66 she would be a prime candidate to be an inquisitor. She was never made one as far as I know.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Being framed for terrorism is pretty hard to reconcile. The impact that had on Ahsoka would make it difficult to forgive. Even more so if Bariss fully succumbed to the dark side.
    Ahsoka has come a long way since her fall from the order, and her path actually showed her that Baress wasn't entirely wrong about the order so barring her becoming a full on dark side user I think they could definitely find an understanding. I mean we're talking about someone who was able to bury the hatchet with Asajj Ventress (who tried to kill her in the past) so mending bridges with someone who was once close to her but went astray isn't out of character.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

Hasn't the Mandalorian made enough money to make Disney cough up the special effects money to give Grogu some damn pants? Or some feet? Training in that flour sack romper can't be easy.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Some spoilers for today's episode:

spoilers:
    * Anybody else wondering where Luke got Yoda's lightsaber? Last we saw of it, Palpatine blasted it out of Yoda's hand in the Senate chamber. I doubt he had time to find it before escaping.
    * That deputy is dead, but I'm pretty sure Cobb was only wounded. He'll be back.
    * The Luke CGI has really improved, though it got a bit dodgy at the lake when Grogu was training with the remote. But his voice seemed... off. Like they were putting Mark's voice though a filter to make it sound younger, and instead it came off a bit stilted. Still, I got a real joy seeing post-RotJ Luke finally training a student.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Luke was with Yoda when he passed on Dagoba. I am sure he had a light saber there. If not the one from ROTS, then a new one.
    end of spoilers

Loving how they are making this an expanded series with all these characters. Anybody else regret they didn't let Favreau do the new trilogy instead of Abrams.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Can you dislike a show for ignoring the titular character two episode in a row and at the same time love an episode so much for giving me everything I love about Star Wars? Strange.
    Yeah, it's been a really weird tangent that doesn't seem to fit any kind of "accepted narrative structure" rules I've ever heard of (not a tangent this big).....but these have been the best episodes of the entire series so I'm damned conflicted.

I'm not sure how they managed to make the story of Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc, living among the Tusken, taking over Jabba's empire and going to war with the Pykes so boring but it must have required a lot of effort.

Loving how they are making this an expanded series with all these characters. Anybody else regret they didn't let Favreau do the new trilogy instead of Abrams.
    Every damn day. Well, Johnson more than Abrams. I thought Force Awakens was fine and it was the dose of nostalgia the franchise needed after the prequels, and I'm guessing Abrams' final film wouldn't have been so bad if TLJ hadn't derailed everything like it did.

But I would've happily taken Fav and Filloni over anyone else. These guys are to Star Wars what Grant Morrison is to Superman.
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-03-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Ahsoka has come a long way since her fall from the order, and her path actually showed her that Baress wasn't entirely wrong about the order so barring her becoming a full on dark side user I think they could definitely find an understanding. I mean we're talking about someone who was able to bury the hatchet with Asajj Ventress (who tried to kill her in the past) so mending bridges with someone who was once close to her but went astray isn't out of character.
    Ahsoka conflict with Ventress never got personal. I can see Ventress being easier to forgive than Baress. Baress was her best friend. She would leave a deeper wound than Ventress. I bet she would have appreciated if Baress didn't destroy her life to get her to learn that lesson.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Every damn day. Well, Johnson more than Abrams. I thought Force Awakens was fine and it was the dose of nostalgia the franchise needed after the prequels, and I'm guessing Abrams' final film wouldn't have been so bad if TLJ hadn't derailed everything like it did.

But I would've happily taken Fav and Filloni over anyone else. These guys are to Star Wars what Grant Morrison is to Superman.
    Yeah, I think the more accurate comparison if something like:

“The ST would have been better if Favreau and Filoni were producing it as compared to the seemingly shifting production control over the actual ST, where Kennedy and Disney seemed to be fairly removed from actual oversight for the first two films, LFL’s other producers got angry at Abrams having Bad Robot help produce TFA and cutting them out of the story room, and got payback by encouraging Johnson to make self-defeating retcons and story decisions that screwed everything up, before everyone got stuck trying to corral the impossible climax out of a story that had no real set-up for it.”

In terms of understanding their crowd and what their immediate “strategic” priorities are, Arbams actually isn’t that far away from Favreau and Filoni. Where they diverge is that Favreau and Filoni together understand what long term priorities and goals they need to have.

While I think Favreau could make a better starter movie than TFA, I don’t think the difference between the two would be that great - TFA was, at the time, one of Abrams best films, and genuinely had the substance and quality to earn its $2 Billion take form the nostalgia pop it used. Abrams’s mistake was in leaving the context of the story in limbo, which LFL than exacerbated and made lethal when it endorsed Johnson’s ideas.

Similarly, I don’t know if Favreau would have been any luckier trying to make an Episode IX after TLJ than Abrams was; Johnson’s contempt for some parts of Star Wars and for the necessary story elements for a three film story doomed the final entry to an impossible task.

Like, I think that Favreau and Filoni would likely be smart enough to understand that Rey would need to be revealed as a Skywalker or Solo and then be trained properly by a less self-centered and stupid Luke after TFA…

…But they also would have likely never opened up the story to a vulnerability like the mystery boxes Abrams used and Johnson abused.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member

It's easy to make a follow up to TLJ. All you have to do is learn to ignore the Vocal minority that hated it and focus on closing out the story instead of trying to undo it

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's easy to make a follow up to TLJ. All you have to do is learn to ignore the Vocal minority that hated it and focus on closing out the story instead of trying to undo it
    Even LFL didn’t want to make a follow up to TLJ - at least not to the ostensible plot half it’s fans saw, where Kylo’s the main villain. The other half of the fans, being catered to by the racist and sexist story that was basically smutty fanfiction about a Neo-Nazi minus the actual smut, were who LFL wanted to make a story for, where he gets to try and hijack the story even more and needs a Bigger Bad to replace Snoke after LFL let Johnson kill him off.

It’s why they fired Trevorrow even before TLJ was out - even letting him usurp the lead role in the climax of the story wasn’t good enough if he didn’t get to be the hero too.

A third of the audience walked away before TLJ was even out of theaters. Half of them were gone by the time TROS closed out trying to honor LFL’s preference for TLJ’s biases and prejudices -

- and not uncoincidentally, most of those who stopped coming were women and minorities.

Because TLJ was a shitshow for Rey and Finn (and likely intentionally so for Finn, since LFL didn’t want him as the male lead), even though Luke being given a pretentious story as a cowardly, self-centered avatar for sad old white dudes who want to be rewarded for doing the bare minimum.

Toy sales dropped drastically. The popularity of every new character dropped - even Kylo only remained popular in comparison because of how intentionally sabotaging TLJ was towards other characters. The ST started higher than any other Star Wars film not named A New Hope, and dropped proportionally lower than either of the previous two trilogies - because TLJ was better executed than ALTc, but much more of a cancerous turd at its heart than AOTC.

If Mark Hamill and John Boyega could tell TLJ was a massive misstep and felt confident enough to say so in public either before or after LFL publicity team got ahold of them, that likely means more creators involved know it was ****.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    spoilers:
    Luke was with Yoda when he passed on Dagoba. I am sure he had a light saber there. If not the one from ROTS, then a new one.
    end of spoilers

My 1 year old daughter will never know of the bastardized Disney trilogy. After ROTJ we will go straight to the Mandalorian.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Cobb Vanth! Man, it does a heart good to see him again.

It was nice to get another episode of the Mandalorian season 2.5, guest starring Boba Fett!

"Hey friend" there's just something about Din calling Artoo that that does it for me.

Artoo seems like he's already feeling his age if he has to take some cooldown time.

The last thing Din would ever want...stuck on a planet of Droids.

Ahsoka! I was so not expecting her to show up but so many people wanted to see her involved with the new Jedi Temple or at least interacting with Luke, and it was great to finally get that and to see more of Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka before her own show. I actually wonder now if, when Ahsoka finds Ezra, she might plan to point him back to the temple so Luke has more teachers...assuming Ezra isn't too busy with whatever he and Thrawn are up to.

Luke teaching Grogu and talking about Yoda was great. Him Force launching Grogu while they're walking and carrying him in the backpack like old times was beyond adorable.

"Master Luke" "Just like your father" "May the Force be With You" I just...I just can't. It was amazing.

I knew Luke would've sensed Mando was there, but it seems like Grogu did too when he reached his hand out to the Starfighter.

It's kind of surreal seeing live-action Clone Troopers again. Did Temeura Morrison do their dialogue? It was really hard to hear. At least let him do something other than stand around during the briefing scene .

Dang it Luke, don't give him such a difficult choice between Yoda's lightsaber and his Mandalorian heritage! I mean, I get it, but still! I want my Mandalorian Jedi! Although I'm guessing Grogu will go for the chainmail if only so that he can be a character in Din's life again and so he doesn't take Ben's spot as Luke's official first Padawan (not counting Leia) and avoids the eventual fate of Luke's temple.

You know how iconic a character is when even their silhouette is distinctive enough to elicit a reaction, and then comes the full reveal...Cad. Frikkin. Bane. Not only do we get a live-action Cad Bane but Corey Burton is back in the saddle and gets full cast billing. And now we can finally get the on-screen fight between Boba Fett and Cad Bane.

Y'know, Cad made an interesting point that Boba did work for the Empire, although he's pretty long past that to the point where I can see others not caring about it.

I knew Cobb's deputy was going to screw something up. He seemed like a decent fellow, but way too overeager. I guess silver lining is it looks like Cobb just got grazed while the deputy died, and Cad made it clear to the freepeople that the Pyke's won't leave them alone, which will give them the perfect excuse to throw in with Boba's group.

Not the Twi'lek bar! Is Max Reebo okay ?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not the Twinkle bar! Is Max Reebo okay ?
    Was he shown in this episode? I mean he did survive Jabba's sail barge, so maybe there's hope. Poor guy has bad luck.

Is spice the equivalent of cocaine in the sw universe?

Does anyone else think Yoda & Yaddle bumped uglies...had Grogu...had to keep him a secret because of the whole Jedi can't love bs...and then pawned him off on another Jedi after Yaddle died?
    Last edited by BlueandGold; 02-05-2022 at 11:49 AM.

This show should be re-named "Barely Boba Fett".

Makes me feel like F&F wanted to do a "Luke trains a young Jedi of Yoda's species" show and after they were rejected they pitched a Boba Fett show and then that was rejected and they had to create a new Mandalorian character for a show. And they've been working back towards the Jedi Master Luke show ever since. Maybe they should've just given us a "Star Wars Anthology" series.

Either way, I enjoyed what we got. I don't know if this was an intentional callback to the Sequel movies, but Han worries about Kylo Ren because there's too much Vader in him, but here, Ahsoka seems happy that there's some Anakin in Luke. I didn't know if we'd ever see Ahsoka and Luke together, but now I want more. I wonder what their first meeting was like? Did Luke get a new appreciation for his father because of her? Obi-Wan considered Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker to be two different people, but maybe Ahsoka didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    …And yeah, I can’t help but notice that Grogu’s a damn Mupoet Baby who doesn’t even talk, but the character benefitted more from hanging around Luke for one episode than Rey did for an entire movie with Rian Johnson’s shitty pretentious writing.
    Muppet Baby? I think Grogu is more like the puppets from Labyrinth, especially when he tries to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ahsoka! I was so not expecting her to show up but so many people wanted to see her involved with the new Jedi Temple or at least interacting with Luke, and it was great to finally get that and to see more of Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka before her own show. I actually wonder now if, when Ahsoka finds Ezra, she might plan to point him back to the temple so Luke has more teachers...assuming Ezra isn't too busy with whatever he and Thrawn are up to.
    Lots of plot potential right there! I'd love to see Ezra meet Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold View Post
    Does anyone else think Yoda & Yaddle bumped uglies...had Grogu...had to keep him a secret because of the whole Jedi can't love bs...and then pawned him off on another Jedi after Yaddle died?
    I had a similar thought. Not that Yoda had anything to do with it, but that Yaddle might be Grogu's mother. She became pregnant sometime after Phantom Menace and left the Jedi Council, which is why we didn't see her after that movie, and then she gave birth to Grogu.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Makes me feel like F&F wanted to do a "Luke trains a young Jedi of Yoda's species" show and after they were rejected they pitched a Boba Fett show and then that was rejected and they had to create a new Mandalorian character for a show. And they've been working back towards the Jedi Master Luke show ever since. Maybe they should've just given us a "Star Wars Anthology" series.
    I feel like they might be working up to one...
    Either way, I enjoyed what we got. I don't know if this was an intentional callback to the Sequel movies, but Han worries about Kylo Ren because there's too much Vader in him, but here, Ahsoka seems happy that there's some Anakin in Luke. I didn't know if we'd ever see Ahsoka and Luke together, but now I want more. I wonder what their first meeting was like? Did Luke get a new appreciation for his father because of her? Obi-Wan considered Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker to be two different people, but maybe Ahsoka didn't.
    I think maybe more than anyone Ahsoka understood the pain that drove Anakin to become Vader and she had to directly face what he had become during their final duel in Rebels, so she probably has an interesting perspective on it.
    I had a similar thought. Not that Yoda had anything to do with it, but that Yaddle might be Grogu's mother. She became pregnant sometime after Phantom Menace and left the Jedi Council, which is why we didn't see her after that movie, and then she gave birth to Grogu.
    And then there's just the general mystery of their race. When Luke asked Grogu if he remembered where he came from I was wondering if he meant the truth about Yoda and Yaddle's race.