Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like they might be working up to one...

I think maybe more than anyone Ahsoka understood the pain that drove Anakin to become Vader and she had to directly face what he had become during their final duel in Rebels, so she probably has an interesting perspective on it.

And then there's just the general mystery of their race. When Luke asked Yaddle if he remembered where he came from I was wondering if he meant the truth about Yoda and Yaddle's race.
    Wherever Yoda's people are from, Luke wouldn't know either.

When Luke probed Grogu's mind I assume what he found was as much a surprise to him as it was to Grogu.

I think Luke THOUGHT he was gonna see images of Grogu's homeworld. If Grogu was taken to the Jedi as an even younger infant he may have NO memory of his home planet at all.

A lot of people have been wanting to see more of Luke and Ahsoka together, talking about Anakin etc... and I'm sure they have a lot to say to one another (maybe it'll happen in her series), but I kinda hope that Ahsoka finds out about Anakin's redemption from Anakin - that he appear to her as a Force Ghost. If we don't see that in her series in some way, then I'll be disappointed. I also think a scene between them would be more emotional than between her and Luke (especially given there are still limitations to the young Luke CGI) You'd think he'd want to see her after everything. (You'd think Filoni would want it as well)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    A lot of people have been wanting to see more of Luke and Ahsoka together, talking about Anakin etc... and I'm sure they have a lot to say to one another (maybe it'll happen in her series), but I kinda hope that Ahsoka finds out about Anakin's redemption from Anakin - that he appear to her as a Force Ghost. If we don't see that in her series in some way, then I'll be disappointed. I also think a scene between them would be more emotional than between her and Luke (especially given there are still limitations to the young Luke CGI) You'd think he'd want to see her after everything. (You'd think Filoni would want it as well)
    I definitely think of anyone Ahsoka would probably be one of the major people Anakin would want to visit as a Force Ghost.

I definitely think of anyone Ahsoka would probably be one of the major people Anakin would want to visit as a Force Ghost.
    Christensen has also gotten a lot of grief for his performance, and I think Lucas was mostly to blame. (I was not a fan either) A scene like that with Ahsoka could redeem Christensen as Anakin if done well. As meaningful as it was, Anakin barely knew Luke. Ahsoka's a different story.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 02-07-2022 at 06:48 AM.

Christensen has also gotten a lot of grief for his performance, and I think Lucas was mostly to blame. (I was not a fan either) A scene like that with Ahsoka could redeem Christensen as Anakin if done well. As meaningful as it was, Anakin barely knew Luke. Ahsoka's a different story.
    I think Christensen will definitely have a chance to better show off his acting chops with Obi-Wan and potentially more appearances.

I hadn't even considered that. RotJ established Force Ghost Anakin, but there was something so...final...about Darth Vader's death I never expected to see any further appearances after his death. Ahsoka talking to his Force Ghost would be incredible, but there's a lot for her and Luke to talk about. Not even Anakin stuff, just Jedi stuff in general. Maybe neither Ahsoka nor Anakin is ready to speak with the another until they talk to Luke first and he convinces them.

I thought Christensen improved from AotC to RotS, and I think with the right material, he would make some great scenes.

I wonder if these shows will retroactively explain why Force Ghost Anakin was pretty much a no-show in the sequel trilogy.

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if these shows will retroactively explain why Force Ghost Anakin was pretty much a no-show in the sequel trilogy.
    If we go by the books the Force Ghosts can connect with those that they were close to in life. Anakin didn't raise Luke not did he train him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke's vision of Old Jedi Master Anakin was the last time Luke ever saw his dad's FG.

So it would be interesting if Ahsoka sees Anakin's FG about as often as Luke sees Yoda.

It makes her in story decision to leave Luke's proto Academy all the more strange. She's the only person who could tell Luke what to avoid.

It comes off like she's hanging him out to dry.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Eh, no need I think they know that the audience isn't concerned about the sequels.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It makes her in story decision to leave Luke's proto Academy all the more strange. She's the only person who could tell Luke what to avoid.

It comes off like she's hanging him out to dry.
    They may have talked more than what we saw on-screen. I think it's less hanging him out to dry and more trusting his judgement from what time she had to get to know him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    If we go by the books the Force Ghosts can connect with those that they were close to in life. Anakin didn't raise Luke not did he train him.
    No, Luke is only the single most important piece of the defining moment of Anakin's entire existence. Which was brought about by the unconditional love of a son for his father. No, no connection there at all.

Given the context of Yoda's appearance to Luke in TLJ, it seems likely that the ghosts only make themselves known when they have something meaningful to contribute and not necessarily on a regular basis. It may be a form of immortality, but the Jedi are still about the natural order of life and death, and wouldn't want to subvert that by just being around every moment of every day, making it impossible for their loved ones to move forward. Yoda appeared because Luke was dealing with mentor related issues, and so his mentor had the best perspective to offer. By that standard, how much does Anakin really have to offer Luke? Luke has already grown up and become a good man, a better man than Anakin ever was, so it's not like Anakin has a huge role as a dad. Maybe a valuable perspective when dealing with the Dark Side, as Anakin would know it better than anybody.
    Last edited by ZeroBG82; 02-08-2022 at 10:43 AM.

A force ghost of Anakin that would morph into Vader form and back again is seen in some of TFA's concept art.

We did kind of have a short Anakin force ghost moment-He's part of the Jedi ghosts talking to Rey along with Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Ashoka (It's unclear if she's dead but it is about 26 years after this)...

There also seems to be the implication that Palpatine disguised himself as Vader's force ghost to talk to Kylo Ren. Ren speaks to the helmet in TFA of course and Palpatine mimics Vader's mechanized voice in ROS.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

I just hope Boba does somenthing, anything cool tomorrow. He's not going to get another chance next week.

All-New Member

Overall I thought the episode was good, I enjoyed the previous two episodes (aka mando season 2.5) more than this one. Without going into any spoilers I felt Boba had a few "tactical" mistakes that I wouldn't think someone as experienced as Boba would make but overall very enjoyable. Excited for Mando season 3 and curious if we get season 2 of BOBF, ending seemed a bit to "clean" to me.

PS...there is a mid-credits scene

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I just hope Boba does somenthing, anything cool tomorrow. He's not going to get another chance next week.
    One scene was very good but I think anyone that saw earlier episodes could see this was going to happen.

Swiss army nerd

I always thought that people could become force ghosts by undertaking specific training - this is training Yoda received from Qui-Gon's force ghost (I think Qui-Gon received it from the Whils), and training that Yoda instructed Obi-Wan to take at the end of Revenge of the Sith. "..on your solitude on Tatooine, training I have for you. An old friend as learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the Netherworld of the Force. Your old master. How to commune with him I'll teach you.”

So Anakin shouldn't be able to show up unless he had that training. (Of course, you see him at the end of RoTJ because they hadn't thought of this plot point yet. Let's just assume Yoda and Obi Wan brought him along for the ride).