Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    With the way the mopeds looked in that chase scene, the truncated episode total and the overall pacing issues the show had it's definitely a possibility. I mean, it could have just been slightly substandard writing too but with how good the Mandalorian was it's not out of the realm of possibility to suspect outside forces could have had some of the blame.

Overall, I definitely liked Fett, but I can totally see where it could have been better too.
    That was my biggest complaint in the series, that moped chase scene - especially given how fast speeder bikes typically are. Now the things the Mods are using certainly look like stuff meant to be seen more than anything else, and purchased by people with a limited budget (who again seem to value form over function) I understand them being a bit slower, but not THAT slow. They at least seemed a little bit faster in the finale than the initial chase scene though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Ultimate Member

Part of me wonders if covid might have hampered the production of the show, it was stated that a lot of the Sam and Bucky show was changed due to filming in covid which affected pacing there so I could see it being part oof the problem here as well.
    I definitely feel like there was an eighth episode missing in there. Some of the transitions felt a bit unearned.

Idly speculating about how he wants to learn to ride a rancor, someday, to actually doing so, without any sort of build up or 'training montage' for instance, felt like a leap. (And how he managed to get the beastie to the city from the palace, so quickly... Did he save the hover platform the Twins used to bring him the rancor, and how fast does it move?) And that's one minor example. (I've got no beef with the actual scene itself, since it was pretty much cast in iron once Boba mentioned the possibility that we'd *have* to see it by the final episode. Chekov's Gun demands it.)

I feel like more could have been done with Cad Bane. Have him get beat down and then throw down a flash-bang or smoke pellet and dash off in the confusion or something. Good villains shouldn't be wasted. Milk those IP. Killing them in their first appearance just means the next writer who wants to use them has to have them mysteriously alive but with cyborg legs now, or something lame like that. (Looking at you, Darth Maul...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I definitely feel like there was an eighth episode missing in there. Some of the transitions felt a bit unearned.

Idly speculating about how he wants to learn to ride a rancor, someday, to actually doing so, without any sort of build up or 'training montage' for instance, felt like a leap. (And how he managed to get the beastie to the city from the palace, so quickly... Did he save the hover platform the Twins used to bring him the rancor, and how fast does it move?) And that's one minor example. (I've got no beef with the actual scene itself, since it was pretty much cast in iron once Boba mentioned the possibility that we'd *have* to see it by the final episode. Chekov's Gun demands it.)

I feel like more could have been done with Cad Bane. Have him get beat down and then throw down a flash-bang or smoke pellet and dash off in the confusion or something. Good villains shouldn't be wasted. Milk those IP. Killing them in their first appearance just means the next writer who wants to use them has to have them mysteriously alive but with cyborg legs now, or something lame like that. (Looking at you, Darth Maul...)
    To be honest I feel like there was only so much longer they could keep Bane alive at this point having survived two trilogies worth of movies timeline-wise.

Although it seemed like something was beeping on his body after Boba stabbed him so maybe he is still alive. Filoni characters are hard to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Idly speculating about how he wants to learn to ride a rancor, someday, to actually doing so, without any sort of build up or 'training montage' for instance, felt like a leap.
    I get it, but we've already had Din's training montage trying to ride a beast, and this show had that training montage with the sand people and the bikes. I'm fine without it. It would have taken away from the reveal.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Yeah, that clicking and beeping noise makes me think Cad is still alive. Whether he'll show up again? Who knows, but I wouldn't count it out.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Yeah, that clicking and beeping noise makes me think Cad is still alive. Whether he'll show up again? Who knows, but I wouldn't count it out.
    Star Wars has a proven track record of being unwilling to let villains actually die permanently. Cad isn't dead until we see his body burned to a crisp or down to a skeleton.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Hooray it's finally over!

I was rooting for Cad Bane to win that fight by the way, because Boba forgot how to be a badass on his trip back to Tatooine.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Star Wars has a proven track record of being unwilling to let villains actually die permanently. Cad isn't dead until we see his body burned to a crisp or down to a skeleton.
    Star Wars is weird.

What happened in the cartoons never seemed to matter until...now that Star Wars live action tv shows are a thing.

Prior to that they kept killing off thier Sith Lords in movies. Then they don't know what to do for big bads later on.

An impossibly old and wizened Count Dooku (played by another Brit in full make up) would have been a better villain than Snoke because at least you wouldn't have had to explain where he came from. Same with General Grievance or whatever his name was.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Star Wars is weird.

What happened in the cartoons never seemed to matter until...now that Star Wars live action tv shows are a thing.

Prior to that they kept killing off thier Sith Lords in movies. Then they don't know what to do for big bads later on.

An impossibly old and wizened Count Dooku (played by another Brit in full make up) would have been a better villain than Snoke because at least you wouldn't have had to explain where he came from. Same with General Grievance or whatever his name was.
    General Grievous but now I want him to be called General Grievance and to be a call operator who turned to the Dark Side after one too many stupid customer complaints.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Honestly I'm not even ruling out them finding a way to bring Grievous back considering how much of a machine he was.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    General Grievous but now I want him to be called General Grievance and to be a call operator who turned to the Dark Side after one too many stupid customer complaints.
    Whoops.

Now I'm imagining him showing up on a Star Destroyer, complaining about the shuttle ride over, the humidity, the noise ("Can't you make all the beeping and booping quieter?") and then leaving without doing anything.

I enjoyed it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hooray it's finally over!

I was rooting for Cad Bane to win that fight by the way, because Boba forgot how to be a badass on his trip back to Tatooine.
    We saw Boba fight once in the original trilogy and we all know how that went. Lest you forget which franchise you're watching, Star Wars has never been about reveling in tough guys kicking ass. Those moments have always been few and far between. We got one sequence in "Mandolorian" and two here,(I'm counting the bar fight with the bikers) which is already three more than he got in the original trilogy.

Extraordinary Member

Ratings 36% Higher For Boba Fett Finale Over Mandalorian Season 2 Finale

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Ratings 36% Higher For Boba Fett Finale Over Mandalorian Season 2 Finale
    Let’s slow down. From episode 5 to the finale that show became the Mandalorian season 2.5. Boba Fett couldn’t carry his own show or his own plot points.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!