Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Let’s slow down. From episode 5 to the finale that show became the Mandalorian season 2.5. Boba Fett couldn’t carry his own show or his own plot points.
    Eh, I don't think it was a case of not being able to carry his own show or plot points but yet another case of covid limiting a production.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Let’s slow down. From episode 5 to the finale that show became the Mandalorian season 2.5. Boba Fett couldn’t carry his own show or his own plot points.
    I mean really whatever it is I think people should look at all of this as one show, whatever they are called. The characters are all connected and crossing over.

I liked everything about this series except for the Mandalorian episodes and Grogu parts. Blech. Those two are my new Jar Jar.

Also, RIP space orcs.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Niffleheim

I'd have been happy if Boba was written as a broker who helped the Tusken Tribes of Tatooine build a coalition as a B story and the A story being him wrestling power away from the Mos bosses in Tatooine and the Pykes.
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-18-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I liked everything about this series except for the Mandalorian episodes and Grogu parts. Blech. Those two are my new Jar Jar.

Also, RIP space orcs.
    This is the weirdest take I've yet to see.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

During the last episode we realised the girl from the Vespa gang looks like Nigel Tufnel and then couldn’t stop quoting Spinal Tap.
    nigeltufnel.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This is the weirdest take I've yet to see.
    The space orc thing? Or the Mandalorian thing?

Its pretty simple. I never watched the Mandalorian beyond the first episode so I saw those two episodes as irrelevant, unconnected stuff.

Since then I have heard that Boba Fett was on an episode of the Mandalorian, so now at least I understand the connection and why those two episodes were there. Didn't bother me too much, just found it annoying. Kind of like Jar Jar is to me.

Maybe I am not really cut out for Star Wars.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 02-22-2022 at 06:35 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I really wanted to like this show. But they wouldn't let Boba be Boba. Look at the EU and think of what could have been. Could have actually had him act like a cynical and morally neutral merc at his best or at his worse, a guy determined to destroy those who has a grudge against. Make his daughter part of the new canon. Throw in his old crew. Instead, we got weird rehabilitation of Tusken Raiders. Sad good-guy Boba always feeling the need to help people and not appearing threatening. And episode 5 was good, but he wasn't in it. Episode 6 was great in the almost all of the parts that didn't involve him. The Luke content was almost perfect. Though I had reservations about him having Grogu pick his path because of the no attachments rule. And the following decision completely destroys the gravitas of the season 2 Mando finale. I mean, I love Grogu, but are they going to be repeating the same schtick over and over again. I mean the fifth episode proved that Mando doesn't need Grogu to carry the show. And I loved them together on their journey. But it's getting old and feels like corporate mandates to sell toys at the hindrance of the advancement of the story. Omega shouldn't have stayed with the Bad Batch either. It seems like all the stories are of taking care of kids. Which is fine if they didn't overdo it so much. And I don't know who had the deranged idea to do the Vespa Gang. But man.

And lastly, I still don't get the deal with Grogu's age. Yoda started training Jedi when he was 100 and this character is a baby who can't speak at 50?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really wanted to like this show. But they wouldn't let Boba be Boba. Look at the EU and think of what could have been. Could have actually had him act like a cynical and morally neutral merc at his best or at his worse, a guy determined to destroy those who has a grudge against. Make his daughter part of the new canon. Throw in his old crew. Instead, we got weird rehabilitation of Tusken Raiders. Sad good-guy Boba always feeling the need to help people and not appearing threatening. And episode 5 was good, but he wasn't in it. Episode 6 was great in the almost all of the parts that didn't involve him. The Luke content was almost perfect. Though I had reservations about him having Grogu pick his path because of the no attachments rule. And the following decision completely destroys the gravitas of the season 2 Mando finale. I mean, I love Grogu, but are they going to be repeating the same schtick over and over again. I mean the fifth episode proved that Mando doesn't need Grogu to carry the show. And I loved them together on their journey. But it's getting old and feels like corporate mandates to sell toys at the hindrance of the advancement of the story. Omega shouldn't have stayed with the Bad Batch either. It seems like all the stories are of taking care of kids. Which is fine if they didn't overdo it so much. And I don't know who had the deranged idea to do the Vespa Gang. But man.

And lastly, I still don't get the deal with Grogu's age. Yoda started training Jedi when he was 100 and this character is a baby who can't speak at 50?
    ...we already got the answer about aging and language, and most had correctly guessed the answer before it actually came on screen. It's like other long lived species like Redwood trees; sure they grow about 3 feet a year in good weather but only about half an inch in diameter a year so a twenty year old Redwood would be about 60 ft. tall but only about 8 inches thick...while a similarly aged oak would be fully mature at that point at about 60 ft. but about 3 ft in width. As for language, it was revealed that he can speak perfectly fine...you just have to be a force user to understand him as his species is very intune with the force and perceives language and time differently than other species and that it takes time to speak like we do which explains Yoda's backward speech.

...we already got the answer about aging and language, and most had correctly guessed the answer before it actually came on screen. It's like other long lived species like Redwood trees; sure they grow about 3 feet a year in good weather but only about half an inch in diameter a year so a twenty year old Redwood would be about 60 ft. tall but only about 8 inches thick...while a similarly aged oak would be fully mature at that point at about 60 ft. but about 3 ft in width. As for language, it was revealed that he can speak perfectly fine...you just have to be a force user to understand him as his species is very intune with the force and perceives language and time differently than other species and that it takes time to speak like we do which explains Yoda's backward speech.
    Where did we learn this and how could it be if he taught Jedi starting at around 100?

Where did we learn this and how could it be if he taught Jedi starting at around 100?
    Eh, that age came from a junior novel and although it's considered to be in continuity given its audience and that it hasn't been referenced elsewhere I wouldn't get too hung up on it. On the flip side, who knows, in 50 years Grogu could be more verbal. We really have no basis on how they develop.

And we learned what little we do know about Yoda and Grogu's development and understanding from the second season of the Mandalorian, there was a whole big info dump about it from Ahsoka.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 02-25-2022 at 03:04 PM.

Eh, that age came from a junior novel and although it's considered to be in continuity given its audience and that it hasn't been referenced elsewhere I wouldn't get too hung up on it. On the flip side, who knows, in 50 years Grogu could be more verbal. We really have no basis on how they develop.
    It came from his first appearance in Episode V.

It came from his first appearance in Episode V.
    No, what he said was, "...for 800 years have I trained jedi, my own counsel I will keep." and at the time there was no number for his age. It wasn't until Return of the Jedi when he said the line about 900 years old, and given the compression that happened between Empire and Jedi you can't take it as a flat fact. It's like the whole, "It's true from a certain point of view." No, that wasn't the plan all along, it's just a handwave to gloss over a plot point that was changed and not worth trying to tie yourself in knots over trying to reconcile.

We're shown now on screen that this is how Yoda's species develops which is more concrete than vague lines earlier on.

Despite my love for the Mandalorian....I'm not overly enthused about what they have done to Boba Fett.

Growing up Boba Fett was always seen as this cold hearted mofo "What If He Doesn't Survive? He's Worth A Lot To Me"

Now Disney's turned him into another boring liberal hero, who bonds with the Tatooine natives.

I'd rather have him as a stone cold killer out for a buck and bounty. Of course Disney would never sanction that.

To a degree that's kind of how the old Expanded Universe treated him as well, although in that case he became the leader of Mandalore. Which is probably in this continuity where Din is headed.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth