Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

I'm kind of wondering if a second season would feature a live-action older version of Omega, his "sister".

Given that she's worked with Morrison in a few projects including Star Wars (AS the voice of Taun We which she's still doing for Bad Batch) and is around the same age (Although Boba is in his mid 40s but Temura is actually in his early 60s) how about Rena Owen?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    How much of Boba's reputation, when you think about it, is really from the original films? Sure, he talks tough but apart from that all he really does in ESB is figure out Han's trick and fire at Luke once...and in ROTJ he gets easily defeated by a blind Han after showing off some more of his gadgets.
    While his appearances were brief, I can tell that almost every second he had onscreen in "ESB" made me a fan.
    -- When introduced alongside the other bounty hunters, Vader specifically tells him "No disintegrations" which indicated not only how lethal Fett is, but that he can be a bit extreme. Fett's response was also begrudging rather than obedient - as though he didn't fear Vader. And even the way Vader addressed him was not the same way he addressed his lackeys. So, from there - immediate respect.
    -- Then of course he manages to track down solo and he appears right alongside Vader in the dining room scene.
    -- When Solo's being tortured, Fett again speaks to Vader in a way where he doesn't seem afraid of him - he's got his own interests. And Vader responds, offering to compensate him. Again, it's not like how Vader speaks to his lackeys or even Lando, changing the terms of their deal. Vader never bullies Fett and Fett is never shown being intimidated by him - that says a lot.
    -- In the Carbon freezing chamber, Fett is about to shoot Chewie and Vader has to hold him back. I'm not totally clear on why,(maybe he just didn't want to risk the equipment being damaged) but when Vader has to tell you to chill, it fell right in line with Fett being a bad mofo.

And yeah, I'm all for a second season. I still like Morrison as Fett (despite his age, just let him do the voice and keep his friggin helmet on most of the time) and I like Fennec and their partnership. Of all SW characters, the whole point of Boba Fett is that he's a badass - he's not a hero, he's not a leader, he's not fighting for some greater good or protecting some little kid, etc. So this is one show where they should just unapologetically be that.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-01-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Oddly, one thing that really hasn't been done-despite plenty of media exploring that period-is Boba between the PT/Clone Wars and OT. How he built his reputation etc. Wonder if SOLO 2 could've had that in mind, or perhaps BAD BATCH could cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While his appearances were brief, I can tell that almost every second he had onscreen in "ESB" made me a fan.
    When you put it that way, I kinda get it now. I wasn't around for ESB when it was in theaters, I actually first watched the films (on VHS) in reverse order, so my first exposure to Boba was him getting killed by a half blind but entirely lucky Han. Probably didn't make the best of first impressions.

Of all SW characters, the whole point of Boba Fett is that he's a badass - he's not a hero, he's not a leader, he's not fighting for some greater good or protecting some little kid, etc. So this is one show where they should just unapologetically be that.
    That's what I thought we were gonna get at first, then after that Mando tease I thought we'd get that, but with Fett as a crime boss. Now getting a semi-amoral but still honorable feudal warlord feels like the best we're likely to get. I'm still cool with that, but I definitely think Boba has lost his crown as the badass of SW. Not sure who's wearing it now, but I don't think it's Fett.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    When you put it that way, I kinda get it now. I wasn't around for ESB when it was in theaters, I actually first watched the films (on VHS) in reverse order, so my first exposure to Boba was him getting killed by a half blind but entirely lucky Han. Probably didn't make the best of first impressions.

That's what I thought we were gonna get at first, then after that Mando tease I thought we'd get that, but with Fett as a crime boss. Now getting a semi-amoral but still honorable feudal warlord feels like the best we're likely to get. I'm still cool with that, but I definitely think Boba has lost his crown as the badass of SW. Not sure who's wearing it now, but I don't think it's Fett.
    People got enamoured to Boba the same way they did Pasma.

Cool armor, seems badass.

Unfortunately, both creators didn't see the appeal and the characters got stupid deaths.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's what I thought we were gonna get at first, then after that Mando tease I thought we'd get that, but with Fett as a crime boss...
    I'm sure a lot of people thought that given his appearance in "The Mandalorian" and especially that after-credits teaser. In retrospect, it might have given people the wrong idea of what the show would be. I wonder if the teaser had been different somehow and telegraphed the show better, then the reception might have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    People got enamoured to Boba the same way they did Pasma.

Cool armor, seems badass.

Unfortunately, both creators didn't see the appeal and the characters got stupid deaths.

Phasma wasn't really that impressive in TFA either. All she really did was give a few commands and briefings in TFA before getting jumped by Chewie and co. and lowering the shields.

I thought that maybe she would be given a bigger role/redemption in TLJ, like Mace Windu in AOTC/ROTS-Kathleen Kennedy for example said she was her favorite character, and a Phasma novel and comic series came out at the same time. She was also featured heavily in the ads ("Welcome back"!) Nope!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Phasma wasn't really that impressive in TFA either. All she really did was give a few commands and briefings in TFA before getting jumped by Chewie and co. and lowering the shields.

I thought that maybe she would be given a bigger role/redemption in TLJ, like Mace Windu in AOTC/ROTS-Kathleen Kennedy for example said she was her favorite character, and a Phasma novel and comic series came out at the same time. She was also featured heavily in the ads ("Welcome back"!) Nope!
    I honestly thought they might have been setting her up to be the big bad in the third one. Sure she "died", but she "died" in the first one to, I expected her to keep coming back; I mean Hux was emasculated, and Kylo was clearly a grossly incompetent leader. Have her stage a coup while he's off obsessing about some force related thing that has nothing to do with running an empire, and it wouldn't have reduced the politics of the galaxy to the ego's of some space wizards... instead we got the nonsense that was the Rise of Skywalker.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people thought that given his appearance in "The Mandalorian" and especially that after-credits teaser. In retrospect, it might have given people the wrong idea of what the show would be. I wonder if the teaser had been different somehow and telegraphed the show better, then the reception might have been better.
    Hard to tell. I think if they had telegraphed the show's premise better there would've been less of a knee-jerk reaction, but I dunno if it would've proven any more popular. I think the show failed not because it wasn't what was expected, but because it didn't do what it wanted to do very well. Is Fett a crime boss? Shouldn't he, I dunno, commit a crime or two? Or at least order his underlings to? Or is he a feudal warlord ruling his territory and caring for his people? Because the show didn't really push that idea very well either.

Personally, I think the amount of time spent on flashbacks, and the two episodes dedicated to Din and Grogu, hurt the show a lot. That was a lot of screen time dedicated to stuff that wasn't connected to the main plot and Boba's current goals. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Sand People arc and the Mando episodes were the best of the season, but it cut a lot of time out that could've gone towards developing the A-plot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hard to tell. I think if they had telegraphed the show's premise better there would've been less of a knee-jerk reaction, but I dunno if it would've proven any more popular. I think the show failed not because it wasn't what was expected, but because it didn't do what it wanted to do very well. Is Fett a crime boss? Shouldn't he, I dunno, commit a crime or two? Or at least order his underlings to? Or is he a feudal warlord ruling his territory and caring for his people? Because the show didn't really push that idea very well either.

Personally, I think the amount of time spent on flashbacks, and the two episodes dedicated to Din and Grogu, hurt the show a lot. That was a lot of screen time dedicated to stuff that wasn't connected to the main plot and Boba's current goals. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Sand People arc and the Mando episodes were the best of the season, but it cut a lot of time out that could've gone towards developing the A-plot.
    I feel like the ending of Mando season 2 and some of the marketing made people think BoBF was going to be more like Andor than what it ended up being.