Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I loved the poster underwhelmed by the trailer.
    I think they're playing their cards close to their chest with what they show.

Something tells me Boba is going to drop that whole table of mob bosses into the pit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

See, I thought the trailer was great. It didn't give much, if anything, away but the tone and characters at the table looked fantastic.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I am really hyped for this show. I love the fact that Boba has become so popular after being on screen the the original movies for what like 6 minutes total and he is "Killed" by a blind guy.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I loved Boba Fett as a kid. I thought he was almost as cool as Vader... But This Looks Boring.

"Rule with Respect?" "Speak Freely?"

I'd rather have a show about a Scum and Villainy Character. Boba Fett has the manners of Din Djarin. Its almost like watching the same guy here.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-01-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I loved Boba Fett as a kid. I thought he was almost as cool as Vader.
    I feel in love with him when he kind of talked tough to Vader.

"He is no good to me dead." Then Vader is like "The Empire will compensate you for your losses." In my head cannon if that were Ig-88, Dengar, Bossk, or 4-Lom that talked that smack to him Vader would have Force choked them into next week (Or light sabered the Hell out of the droid bad guys) But nope he let it slide with Boba because the dude was a beast!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I feel in love with him when he kind of talked tough to Vader.

"He is no good to me dead." Then Vader is like "The Empire will compensate you for your losses." In my head cannon if that were Ig-88, Dengar, Bossk, or 4-Lom that talked that smack to him Vader would have Force choked them into next week (Or light sabered the Hell out of the droid bad guys) But nope he let it slide with Boba because the dude was a beast!
    Agreed. Fett had this cold and mysterious voice about him. You didn't know much about character, but you knew this guy was no joke. And just like you said, not many people are brave enough to talk to Vader let alone receive a diplomatic reply from him. Only Tarkin received the same respect. (LoL, in the comics, Vader almost killed Jabba and slaughtered most of the residents in his palace when Jabba made similar requests. Vader was having none of it)

I also loved Fett's Armor and Jetpack.

Sometimes with characters, the less you know, the better. I understand people change when they get older but this new Boba Fett has none of the appeal than the one from ESB
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-01-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Agreed. He had this cold and mysterious voice about him. You didn't know much about him, but you knew this guy was no joke. And just like you said, not many people are brave enough to talk to Vader let alone receive a diplomatic reply from him. Only Tarkin received the same respect. (LoL, in the comics, Vader almost killed Jabba and slaughtered most of the residents in his palace when Jabba made similar requests. Vader was having none of it)

I also loved Fett's Armor and Jetpack.

Sometimes with characters, the less you know, the better. I understand people change when they get older but this new Boba Fett has none of the appeal than the one from ESB
    When I saw him on ESB I just got that feel from seeing him that was a guy you didnt want to test! Even Vader knew that.

I am looking forward to the show and I think I will enjoy it. But you are right this Boba just from the little bit I have seen feels different then the ESB.

Looks interesting.

I loved Boba Fett as a kid. I thought he was almost as cool as Vader... But This Looks Boring.

I'd rather have a show about a Scum and Villainy Character. Boba Fett has the manners of Din Djarin. Its almost like watching the same guy here.
    I think that is suspect. The whole vibe of the trailer and then ending it with Boba going murder city on a random guy ... makes be think Boba is just waiting to burst with violence.

The cast and crew said this show is WAAAY darker & grittier than Mando.

I still think we'll see Boba drop that whole table of mob bosses.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

I mean, the "Speak freely" line is clearly a threat. A challenge. A dare. And this version of Boba has always been portrayed as a pragmatist with a somewhat skewed but consistent code of honor.

Also, just because he wants to "Rule with respect" doesn't mean Jabba's old gang will allow him to do so. I'm expecting this to lean into the idea of a man who has a code, but whose code doesn't preclude extreme violence. More or less what we saw from the character in The Mandalorian already. When his "ideals" are pushed, how far will he go?

I'm honestly more curious if they are going to play him as an anti-hero or an anti-villain here. I could see it going either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I think that is suspect. The whole vibe of the trailer and then ending it with Boba going murder city on a random guy ... makes be think Boba is just waiting to burst with violence.

The cast and crew said this show is WAAAY darker & grittier than Mando.

I still think we'll see Boba drop that whole table of mob bosses.
    Yeah, get the sense it's building up to something like at the end of The Godfather with the massacre of the Mob bosses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, get the sense it's building up to something like at the end of The Godfather with the massacre of the Mob bosses.
    I'm definitely getting some Wilson Fisk vibes from Boba in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    I'm definitely getting some Wilson Fisk vibes from Boba in the trailer.
    *Boba drops them into the Rancor pit*

*Everyone is running around screaming*

"Where's the monster!?"

*gate opens*

*tension builds*

*silence*

*clank chink clank*

*Boba steps out of the shadows*

"Boba? This isn't funn--aiiiiieee!"

*Flamethrower*

There's some rumors/speculation that we might finally see a Han/Boba fight, using of course the same tricks used for Luke.

Indiana Jones V's filming seems to indicate we might see a de-aged Ford, so maybe it'll use similar technology? If Ford agrees to at least do the voice, I guess.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth