Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm curious if we will see an adult Omega in this show
    With another season of Bad Batch in production I'm thinking we won't being seeing Omega in live action until after her story is told there.

Also, I still think its weird Fett didn't come out Christmas day
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 12-27-2021 at 06:47 AM.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Probably putting on Wednesday in the gap between Marvel shows. Think after season one(?) wraps She Hulk or Moon knight will be the next Wednesday show.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Probably putting on Wednesday in the gap between Marvel shows. Think after season one(?) wraps She Hulk or Moon knight will be the next Wednesday show.
    Just seemed like a missed opportunity to me, brand new Star Wars on Christmas morning after the presents were open? There wouldn't have been a house that had Disney + that would have missed that.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Just seemed like a missed opportunity to me, brand new Star Wars on Christmas morning after the presents were open? There wouldn't have been a house that had Disney + that would have missed that.
    Statistics likely disagree. There's a reason why there isn't much in the way of new programming outside of sports on holidays.

Boba Fett beat a Green Martian!

Mighty Member

Wow. It's so jarring seeing actually effective Gamorrean bodyguards.

What's next, Star Wars? Storm Troopers that are actually a threat? I don't think I could handle that, I really don't.

Also, Jennifer Beals is timeless, gorgeous and better be in a ton of this show. Beals' Twi'lek is like the most perfect casting since Cate Blanchett as an elf queen in LOTR.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Wow. It's so jarring seeing actually effective Gamorrean bodyguards.

What's next, Star Wars? Storm Troopers that are actually a threat? I don't think I could handle that, I really don't.
    Didn't we get that in Rogue One, since the cast was actually designed to be expendable?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Didn't we get that in Rogue One, since the cast was actually designed to be expendable?
    No, that was more about volume. Our heroes still pretty much wipe the floor with huge numbers of Stormies. They just bit off more than they could chew. It's the Empire in a nutshell.

Kind of funny for all their marketing, cool looks and weird speech the Deathtroopers were largely just as bad as the regular Stormtroopers in RO (even more so in Rebels).

Even the Darktroopers didn't stand much of a threat to Luke.

Not a bad opener though I would say it's a step down from Mando opening if only because it doesn't have the punch of an ending.

Digging the look of this particular Tusken Raider tribe.

Extraordinary Member

That's how you do a first episode. Straight fire! Let's gooooooo!!!!

Extraordinary Member

I really enjoyed the first episode. I'd expect a episode directed by Robert Rodriguez to be full of over the top action, but they probably have to save some stuff for the later episodes.

After seeing this Boba has good reason to look older than he is in
    canon. The poor sod had been thru hell.

The flashback scenes give me the vibe of the first Conan movie and older sword and sandal flicks. But mostly without Swords and no sandals.

As tough as Boba and Fennic are, two people do NOT a crime syndicate make. I figure he's going to add more people to his team. Boba himself noted that they need a protocol droid (which should be hilarious) added to Boba's two man goon squad, his team of medical droids and the sadist bot.

On another note, it was just Boba's bad luck to become chain gang mates with an alien that probably was into that kind of thing and didn't WANT to escape. For all we know he just showed up at Sandperson camp one day and voluntarily signed up for that stuff.

Kind of curious how it deals with the time gap. It's possible Boba might've been down in the Sarlacc for quite some time, C3PO/Jabba's dialogue seemed to imply it's victims are still alive and slowly digested for years. Might explain why it took him so long to go for his armor as well, although it's possible he stuck around with the Tusken tribe for a while too.

Also the Stormtrooper. Another person sentenced by Jabba? Or a trooper who simply got unlucky and stepped in the wrong place? (Maybe even during the search in the first film?)

Also curious about the significance of the gang raiding the Moisture farmers. Maybe the Raiders see them as some kind of competition?

Along with Rebo I think it's probable that the droid introducing the visitors in the palace is the 8D8 droid from ROTJ. EV-929, his "boss" of course showed up already in the cantina.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-29-2021 at 06:41 PM.

I thought it was a decent first episode, but it didn't have the punch I was hoping for.

Think my problem is that the actual story didn't go very far. Too much time spent with flashbacks, maybe. And that story is interesting and compelling and I want to know more about Boba's time between RotJ and Mandalorian....but I also want to see how things play out with the whole "Jabba's empire" thing, and that story only takes one tiny step forward, and tells us nothing the first trailer didn't.

I didn't need a big game changing reveal at the end, like we got with the Child. But as much as I enjoyed the flashback sequences, I wanted more from the "present." Really, we don't get anything here that the zinger for Mando and the first trailer didn't provide.

Still, good episode, I enjoyed it, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The homage to Harryhausen was enough to make it great.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!