Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Niffleheim

I was mostly interested in the Tusken story than taking over Jabba's empire.

I've been loving what The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett have been doing in developing the Jawas and the Tusken
    Last edited by Tofali; 12-30-2021 at 11:50 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Wow, this was great. So much better than the opening to Mandalorean with its stupid baby thing.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

That was okay...close to underwhelming. Disney should have given us two episodes to start with if they are going to come out of the gate with this kind of effort. I know that Disney is trying to portray the Tusken as so much more than just desert dwelling savages but the thing is they are far more livelier and entertaining as savages. Any attempt to add characterization just makes them more boring.

Jennifer Beals as a Twi'lek? No problem with this.

The town fight was letdown. After seeing Boba cut loose during the Mandalorian seeing him and Fen struggle against some dudes with shields was interesting.

This episode felt like it was done by people who knew that they had a ton of goodwill saved up and was willing to use some of it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The theme is a banger.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I hope the story sticks more to the present in future eps because it felt like every time something got interesting there they interrupted the momentum for a flashback.

Astonishing Member

<Morgan Freeman narrating> Boba Fett crawled through five hundred yards of Sarlacc intestine and came out scarred the other end.

The Jawas finding him kind of reminds me a bit of the old Marvel comics "Jawas of doom" except in that case they mistake him for a droid instead of stealing his armor and kicking him when he was down.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Seeing Kamino and the flashbacks to Boba at Jango's death was poignant.

After all these years we finally have the in-canon depiction of how Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc Pit. He finally gets out only to get robbed by Jawa's and then captured by Tusken Raiders. That's rough, man.

I'm starting to wonder how long Boba was with those Tusken Raiders up until he got a chance to look for his armor. Did he have any idea about Cobb Vanth? I guess it explains his clothes/weapon at the time. Actually, where was Slave-1?

Somehow...Max Rebo has returned!

A Bounty Hunter doesn't immediately know how to be a crime lord, although he and Fennec have different leadership styles.

Fennec just kicking that dude over the ledge because she only needed one alive .

Glad to see them immediately show us Boba escaping from the Sarlacc pit right away. No surprises there, but we've all been waiting decades to see it for real.

It seems to me the flashbacks and his current situations are meant to be shown together - I think that's the point. In both instances, he's having to reinvent himself and we see how he did it with the Tuskans, where he earns their respect. And we see Boba assume the mantle of crime boss, not knowing how to garner proper respect in this new context. With the Tuskans, he saved someone then was humble enough to not take credit for the kill. The tribe leader rewards him for this action. Boba hasn't really done anything yet to earn respect from the other criminals. Can he do it with the same methods or will he have to compromise and turn to leading by fear? I was getting some "Ned Stark in King's Landing as the Hand" vibes in terms of their respective "fish out of water" situations.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I thought this was really pretty meh, to be honest. Some fun stuff but I genuinely don't understand the point of this show. The more they reveal about Boba Fett the less interesting he is. He worked in the Mandalorian as a side character and in the original trilogy he worked as, basically, a cool name and cooler costume. His backstory in the prequels was, at best, pointless and at worst, "character" assassination.

I mean, maybe it will get good at some point but some of the characters Disney have chosen to build shows around are really odd. I have only slightly more interest in this than in the show built around the dude from Rogue 1 whose name I can't even remember.

Mind you, I was pretty underwhelmed by The Mandalorian's first few episodes too (Werner Herzog aside, of course!) so who knows...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That was okay...close to underwhelming. Disney should have given us two episodes to start with if they are going to come out of the gate with this kind of effort. I know that Disney is trying to portray the Tusken as so much more than just desert dwelling savages but the thing is they are far more livelier and entertaining as savages. Any attempt to add characterization just makes them more boring.

Jennifer Beals as a Twi'lek? No problem with this.

The town fight was letdown. After seeing Boba cut loose during the Mandalorian seeing him and Fen struggle against some dudes with shields was interesting.

This episode felt like it was done by people who knew that they had a ton of goodwill saved up and was willing to use some of it.
    I agree with all of this. This show just has to get better, right? There has to be some point to all of this.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I wonder if we'll get a flashback to the Cad Bane fight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we'll get a flashback to the Cad Bane fight.
    Wouldn't he still be a kid when he had his duel with Cad Bane?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Wouldn't he still be a kid when he had his duel with Cad Bane?
    I think he was in his teens when the Cad Bane duel happen, but all you really need is someone young in the helmet since he wore it the whole time. Might even re-use the voiceover for that arc.

Wonder who played the young Boba? Some have wondered if it's AOTC footage but it doesn't match unless they changed the CG (There's more destroyed battle droids and the corpse of the Reek in the original movie).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth