Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, I can't imagine he and Fenec being a crime empire with just two guards. He needs bodies on his side. I can see Boba relinquishing some power to the Tuskens as a way for them to reclaim their lands. I don't think they'll be wiped out, though I do forsee a tragic end for that kid. I imagine Boba will have learned a lesson from the Tuskens that enables him to gain power, then he teaches the Tuskens how to manage a life with the outworlders. (maybe Cobb will even help with that...?)

I like how Jennifer Beals' character called him "Mr Fett" instead of "Lord Fett" when he came back. She knows which way the wind blows. (speaking of wind, when Boba and Fenec were surrounded by the Night Winds last ep, why didn't Boba just jetback over their shields? Oh well...)
    Because the fire of the take off might have burned Fennec. And if Boba turned around, the pack would have been in melee range of his assailants. and that ended badly for Boba last time

Incredible Member

Yeah, I can't imagine he and Fenec being a crime empire with just two guards. He needs bodies on his side.
    I can't see everyone just leaving after he killed Bib. I seems more likely to me most of the underlings would say "new boss? okay" and stay around. Even if they tried to kill him or each other jockeying for position and power, everyone leaving doesn't make sense.

Same with walking everywhere. Boba doesn't want to be carried around, fine. But he should have the equivalent of an Escalade or super sports car to get around the extremely hot planet they live on.

I don't like all the back story either. He survived because he's Boba Fett. Crawls out of the Sarlacc, get's mugged by Jawas, gets himself together. Mandalorian. Film Noir crime drama in a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
    Sounds perfect.

Mighty Member

Ok. They are leaning into the Native American metaphor for the Tuskens really hard. It's even a classic Western train heist.

Way I see it, there are only three ways the Tusken flashbacks end.

1) The Tuskens are attacked and wiped out. The present day is either some sort of vengeance from Boba or him trying to find something to replace them in his life.

2) Boba is exiled from the Tuskens for some reason. Still Boba trying to replace them, but now less trope tragic and more Greek tragic.

3) Boba has a secret and loyal Tusken army waiting in the Dune Sea to descend on his call. When things look bad in Mos Espa, the Tuskens appear as Boba's ace in the hole.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I can't imagine he and Fenec being a crime empire with just two guards. He needs bodies on his side. I can see Boba relinquishing some power to the Tuskens as a way for them to reclaim their lands. I don't think they'll be wiped out, though I do forsee a tragic end for that kid. I imagine Boba will have learned a lesson from the Tuskens that enables him to gain power, then he teaches the Tuskens how to manage a life with the outworlders. (maybe Cobb will even help with that...?)

I like how Jennifer Beals' character called him "Mr Fett" instead of "Lord Fett" when he came back. She knows which way the wind blows. (speaking of wind, when Boba and Fenec were surrounded by the Night Winds last ep, why didn't Boba just jetback over their shields? Oh well...)
    One possibility tied into Fett’s title of “Daimyo;” the feudal connotations, and his repeated insistence on the idea of ruling through “respect” instead of fear, could end up heading towards a more optimistic take on the decentralized chains of pledges and autonomous power bases of feudalism, one that fully cooperates against larger threats, but is mostly just private little kingdoms affiliated with each other rather than subjected to a single ruler.

Or, for a more 20th century American Mafia comparison, something like the “Commission” opposing the Hutts and others trying to set themselves up as the Capo dei Capi.

In that case, Boba, as a kind of Lucky Luciano, would basically create a United rebellion against Hutt rule in exchange for everyone being able to profit more personally off their turf, separate from each other.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I wanted to watch Star Wars: Boba Fett. Instead I get Star Wars: Dances With Wolves. I don't care about the Tusken. Just hurry up and do the Tusken chick face reveal right before the brutal attack on the Tusken that Boba Fett is the lone survivor of.
    The Tusken flashbacks have been the more interesting thing about this show. The Mandalorian showed shades of it and I'm enjoying seeing the Raiders being more than sand savages. There more going on there than running the criminal empire.

I am liking the more Western motifs coming from these shows. IMHO Star Wars is best when it leans into the Western and Shogun elements.

I kinda wonder if Boba Fett is going to go more Last of the Mohicans than Dances with Wolves.

I think a Tusken army for Boba would be cool.

It would be really nice if he starts uniting the tribes.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-05-2022 at 09:45 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Really liking the Tusken stuff, and it was nice to see their perspective on the way they've been treated in every Star Wars movie ever. It is very western in approach, right down to a good old fashioned train robbery.

Also hoping for the Tusken army angle. Riding banthas and hoverbikes.

Also, we saw a girl Hutt.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-05-2022 at 10:37 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

really liked this episode
    also the costumes and practical effects in this series are quite possibly the best I've ever seen in a series

Extraordinary Member

Agreed it was too much Tusken stuff this ep.

Getting a bit of "Lawrence of Arabia" feeling from it too, which had at least some influence on Star Wars in the past (In fact part of the Naboo scenery in AOTC used the same Spain locations used for Cairo in that film).

Given that losing some of the younger fighters who look up to him in the film starts to "break" Lawrence a bit, wonder if something similar will happen with Boba and the young Tusken.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Getting a bit of "Lawrence of Arabia" feeling from it too, which had at least some influence on Star Wars in the past (In fact part of the Naboo scenery in AOTC used the same Spain locations used for Cairo in that film).

Given that losing some of the younger fighters who look up to him in the film starts to "break" Lawrence a bit, wonder if something similar will happen with Boba and the young Tusken.
    Me to and more A Man Called Horse than Dances with Wolves. And I am also enjoying the Tusken story as much as the Daiymo one. Except for the absence of Ming Na Wen.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm diggin' the show so far. I'm enjoying the time spent with the Tuskans.

I enjoyed the call back to 90's action star guy with all that ass kicking and taking the speeder bikes. All that was left out was Fett asking 'has anybody seen Ritchie' and/or bending an attackers hand back and chopping him in the throat in two swift moves.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I wonder how much more mileage they can get out of having a pit with no Rancor.

Boba wants to be a new man and be respected for it, but to most everyone he's still Boba Fett the Bounty Hunter. Admittedly I do kind of want to see Boba hunting people down Terminator-like and see how he works versus what we saw from Din. Actually this episode reminded me a lot of when Din and Cara helped those villagers fend off the gang attacking them, but I guess it's a staple of the kind of Western Space Opera Star Wars is.

Is Black Krrsantan the first exclusive comic character of the new Marvel era to make the jump to official live-action? I wonder if we'll ever see Dr. Aphra.

I know Jabba helped take out the Hutt Council during War of the Bounty Hunters so he could be top dog, but is there a new Hutt Council that Boba would need permission from to take out the twins? I wasn't sure who else Fennec could be referring too.

Boba walking in that outfit and with the bald head really made him look like a Clone to me.

It's really surreal how much the Disney+ era has dived more into the Tusken Raiders, to the point where the audience now empathizes and cares about them so much. Especially compared to when they were basically slaughter fodder for Anakin/Vader.

Oh hey, Toshe Station!

As far as adapting the Pykes into live-action, I thought this was fairly solid. Like, it wasn't 100% exact with how they look in Clone Wars, but I realized it was supposed to be the Pykes.

I love how that Droid is just doing its job running the train but has enough self-preservation to bail out.

If you had told me Boba Fett would go on a Tusken Raider-induced vision quest after a lizard crawled up his nose...I would not have believed you.

I wonder if something happened to this tribe of Tusken's or if Boba still has them in his backpocket, because it seems like after his vision quest and being accepted into the tribe was when he left to go find his armor. Unless there's more to it that finally settled for him that he needed to be the new top dog of Tatooine.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much more mileage they can get out of having a pit with no Rancor.

Boba wants to be a new man and be respected for it, but to most everyone he's still Boba Fett the Bounty Hunter. Admittedly I do kind of want to see Boba hunting people down Terminator-like and see how he works versus what we saw from Din. Actually this episode reminded me a lot of when Din and Cara helped those villagers fend off the gang attacking them, but I guess it's a staple of the kind of Western Space Opera Star Wars is.

Is Black Krrsantan the first exclusive comic character of the new Marvel era to make the jump to official live-action? I wonder if we'll ever see Dr. Aphra.

I know Jabba helped take out the Hutt Council during War of the Bounty Hunters so he could be top dog, but is there a new Hutt Council that Boba would need permission from to take out the twins? I wasn't sure who else Fennec could be referring too.

Boba walking in that outfit and with the bald head really made him look like a Clone to me.

It's really surreal how much the Disney+ era has dived more into the Tusken Raiders, to the point where the audience now empathizes and cares about them so much. Especially compared to when they were basically slaughter fodder for Anakin/Vader.

Oh hey, Toshe Station!

As far as adapting the Pykes into live-action, I thought this was fairly solid. Like, it wasn't 100% exact with how they look in Clone Wars, but I realized it was supposed to be the Pykes.

I love how that Droid is just doing its job running the train but has enough self-preservation to bail out.

If you had told me Boba Fett would go on a Tusken Raider-induced vision quest after a lizard crawled up his nose...I would not have believed you.

I wonder if something happened to this tribe of Tusken's or if Boba still has them in his backpocket, because it seems like after his vision quest and being accepted into the tribe was when he left to go find his armor. Unless there's more to it that finally settled for him that he needed to be the new top dog of Tatooine.
    I figure uniting the Tuskens like Muad'Dib will be what will make Bob king of Tatooine.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I figure uniting the Tuskens like Muad'Dib will be what will make Bob king of Tatooine.
    The whole time he was working on being accepted into the tribe, all I could think about was that he was planning on ruling Tatooine with desert power. This season either ends with us discovering the Tuskens were wiped out, or it ends with them riding in and helping him take down his enemies.

I know it wouldn't make sense, but I really do hope that it's revealed that one of those Tuskens is Tahiri Veila.

When Fett had that vision of the tree, I have expected T'Challa or T'Chaka to show up.

So at some point this season, Boba is going to throw down with a Wookie. Love it.

I know they killed him in one of the animated shows, but I would LOVE for Zero the Hutt to show up. Maybe they had a nephew that was as... eccentric... as they were.

It would be nice if, by the end of the season, they got a new Rancor for the pit. And Fett feeds the hut twins to it.