Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    That because the Legion always had been the future of the DC universe, it is part of the landscape of DC.
    DC One Million?

Funny. Ten char.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

November solicitations are aout and again no announcement about the Legion.
    This "hiatus" everyday seems more and more like a stealth cancellation...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

November solicitations are aout and again no announcement about the Legion.
    This "hiatus" everyday seems more and more like a stealth cancellation...
    Good. I re-read this past series a few weeks ago, just to see if there was something redeemable that I'd missed; it was worse the second time around.

Let Bendis focus on Justice League Naomi, Checkmate, etc. I'm ok with the Legion going back into limbo for a few years if it means a relaunch of something more familiar and, ya know... readable?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Levitz ironically killed the Legion as a viable property. And Bendis put the final nails in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Good. I re-read this past series a few weeks ago, just to see if there was something redeemable that I'd missed; it was worse the second time around.

Let Bendis focus on Justice League Naomi, Checkmate, etc. I'm ok with the Legion going back into limbo for a few years if it means a relaunch of something more familiar and, ya know... readable?
    I had supposed than Bendis would use his Legion at least in JL, but he seems more interested in his Checkmate story (I wonder if he is going to reveal something). I still suppose he will do. But it seems nobody is either interested into use or reference that Legion. Sometimes I wonder if Son of Kal-El is going to reference the Legion but until now, there had been no mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Levitz ironically killed the Legion as a viable property. And Bendis put the final nails in the coffin.
    I always said than Levitz back on the title was a bad idea. For Bendis, I was willing to give him the the benefit of doubt, depiste the deception on his Superman run, but then, he came with another reboot...

Astonishing Member

Maybw Bendis will probably reboot parts of his Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Maybw Bendis will probably reboot parts of his Legion.
    Did he did that already with Future State?

Future State Legion is more of a sequel.

Here's a thought: Earth zero is no longer the center of the multiverse. So I probably clarify that by saying that it probably is still the center of the multiverse, it's just not the center of the Omniverse. But that's a nit pic, and I digress. In a few years, we are apparently going to be having another crisis. My Hope is it that prices will end with a quartet of worlds jointly serving as the center of the Omniverse: Doomsday Clock's Earth zero, Earth 1985, Earth 2, and Earth 52 (although I wouldn't mind new designations for them). For the Legion of superheroes, do something like Legion of three worlds, with each major version of the legion being the future of one of these co-prime Earths.

Elaborating on this a bit:

• the classic Legion would be the future of the Silver age Earth.
    • the Archie Legion would be the future of the post crisis earth.
    • the three-boot Legion would be the future of the Golden Age Earth.
    • the Bendis Legion would be the future of the New 52 Earth.

What I'm thinking on that last part is it when the current Earth jumble breaks up into four coprime Earths in this upcoming crisis, the John Kent Superman ends up being part of the Earth 52 continuity. Meanwhile, the post crisis/pre Flashpoint Earth end up with a John Kent who never went to space with his grandfather and is still a year or two younger than Damian.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 08-13-2021 at 06:25 PM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Oh, yes. The Bendis' Legion have all the traits associated to the new52, but with a bad timing, ten years later.
    But I prefer think of them as something than came from the dark multiverse.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 08-13-2021 at 10:23 PM.

I wouldn't worry too much about it...

Armageddon 2001 had characters in a totally different place than they actually were in 2001. And that was only ten years later.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Here's a thought: Earth zero is no longer the center of the multiverse. So I probably clarify that by saying that it probably is still the center of the multiverse, it's just not the center of the Omniverse. But that's a nit pic, and I digress. In a few years, we are apparently going to be having another crisis. My Hope is it that prices will end with a quartet of worlds jointly serving as the center of the Omniverse: Doomsday Clock's Earth zero, Earth 1985, Earth 2, and Earth 52 (although I wouldn't mind new designations for them). For the Legion of superheroes, do something like Legion of three worlds, with each major version of the legion being the future of one of these co-prime Earths.

Elaborating on this a bit:

• the classic Legion would be the future of the Silver age Earth.
    • the Archie Legion would be the future of the post crisis earth.
    • the three-boot Legion would be the future of the Golden Age Earth.

What I'm thinking on that last part is it when the current Earth jumble breaks up into four coprime Earths in this upcoming crisis, the John Kent Superman ends up being part of the Earth 52 continuity. Meanwhile, the post crisis/pre Flashpoint Earth end up with a John Kent who never went to space with his grandfather and is still a year or two younger than Damian.
    I do like your idea, but since we're getting a total of zero LOSH being in the spotlight, I doubt DC will ever acknowledge 4 at the same time ever again.
    I also think it would make more sense for the Bendis version to be the future of a Future State Earth (since they basically are already).

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I always said than Levitz back on the title was a bad idea. For Bendis, I was willing to give him the the benefit of doubt, depiste the deception on his Superman run, but then, he came with another reboot...
    That was the biggest problem the book had for the last two decades. After Abnnet and Lanning came in and really stired things up and got people talking about the Legion again it was like DC was terrified to put any new upcoming writers on the book again. They started going back to writers who had already done runs. First it was the catastrophic Mark Waid threeboot that no one wanted or cared about. Then when that failed they brought back Jim Shooter to try and salvage something out of Waids mess, but it was too late at that point. Then they brought Levitz back when you could tell his heart was really not in. He was just there trying to save a property he loved. Then came Flashpoint and the Nu52, and instead of starting fresh with a new writer Levitz stayed on even though you could tell things were so screwed up about what is and isn't cannon that even he had no idea what was going on.

DC needs fresh takes on the property, and your not going to get that from guys like Bendis whos best years are far behind him. They need to find a writer who likes the property AND can write big sci-fi actions soap operas. Bendis thought small on his run. Stuff like Planet Gotham showed this. You have the entire 31st century to play with. Go big for gods sake. You can literally do anything you want without having to worry about it effecting any other books. It should be a good creative writers dream playgound.

Was hoping with the November previews we would see a glimpse of hope to see a LOSH monthly. Sadly I was wrong.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime