Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

They should just use Death Metal as an excuse to bump it up to the 32nd century as a legacy Legion as it was originally presented in interviews.

They should be an alternate future version of the team. At this point the team is too close to classic versions to actually be descendants from another century. I wouldn't want the 32nd century to be a repeat of the 31st.
    Alternate universe makes more sense. I'd set it for good as part of the Future State continuity and leave it at that.

Just like Gotham is getting its own Future State ongoing, I think that instead of making Jon Superman in the present, they should just launch a Superman of Tomorrow ongoing set in the FS continuity. Bendis LOSH could appear there.

Astonishing Member

DCU history is too messed up for anyone to really care what happened 20, 10, 5, or even 2 years ago. Every time I think they are fixing it (Doomsday Clock), they just add another layer of confusion. No property can thrive in this environment. They pretty much let everything stick with Batman -- because it's their cash cow and they don't want to mess it up as they've done with everything else.

At this point, Batman is the most status quo character of all.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Are you asking for Bendis to resolve any of the hanging plots he leaves around? My poor innocent lad...

The crux of the matter about this is than if anything new is published or announced soon, these FS books will be considered the canon of the Bendisboot, with this Legion going the way of New52 Earth-2.
    Bendis's hanging plots? Not really. What I would like to see is something hitting the fan and some sort of retooling for a new Legion. I liked many parts of the Bendisboot and hated many others. I'd rather it be considered an abnormality like the Flashpoint replacement series.

As to the future of the Legion, whatever Death Metal is doing and whatever Future State is doing, and whatever the new Superman writer is planning are a lot of missing ingrediants for me to even guess what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    They should just use Death Metal as an excuse to bump it up to the 32nd century as a legacy Legion as it was originally presented in interviews.
    I'd like to junk the entire "1,000 years in the future" thing as there is still time lag and real life years of stories taking place in a few months comic time. Junk it and just say the Legion was founded in 3247. How much difference can a little over 200 years in the future actually make? And old-time fans would (at least SHOULD) appreciate the year 3247.

At this point, Batman is the most status quo character of all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Pointing the obvious is my superpower.
    I also have the power of the insight.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Pointing the obvious is my superpower.
    I also have the power of the insight.
    Your power is truly Omega level.

Fantastic Member

Well it was fast... Legion is now back to the oblivion. Thanks, Bendis!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Thanks the idiots (cough Didio et all) that backed a half thought out Bendis pitch probably on the back of a napkin, over a Johns' retroboot that he had been working on for years, since his Superman run, smdh.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    It was never presented as a legacy Legion, anywhere. Some fans simply (and incorrectly) assumed that's what it was and ran off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Your power is truly Omega level.
    I scare of myself sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Or maybe not. Someone said there is an interview where Bendis said than the Legion is still on the works and would return on (NH)summer. However he didn't put any link neither remember the name of the site, so I would take it with a grain of salt. But even if it is real, could also be an project than could be put away. Bendis will put more of his efforts on Justice League where he would had his own characters and I believe would put his focus in the street level heroes, where his strenghs lies. But, after reading some posts on the Avengers apprecaition thread, I'm less optimistic than before.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Thanks the idiots (cough Didio et all) that backed a half thought out Bendis pitch probably on the back of a napkin, over a Johns' retroboot that he had been working on for years, since his Superman run, smdh.
    Yes, that was an excellent way to screw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    It was never presented as a legacy Legion, anywhere. Some fans simply (and incorrectly) assumed that's what it was and ran off with it.
    Maybe it was wsihfull think on those fans.
    Evidently, the editors in charge didn't have any idea what they were doing. In the first cover presented Bouncing boy was race bending, but then they changed that and racebend Lightning Lad. And Bendis even twitted than there was a reason why they had said century 32... but he never explained anything on the books. Honestly, I think than Bendis didn't know anything about the Legion or the 32 century was a typo or mistake. Do they really thought about change from century 31 to 32? To me, that looked as a total disorganization about what they were doing with the Legion, except make them teenagers again. Really, we should not believe what they said in interviews or in their twitter accounts. Specially when they say "I love this/these character/s".

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I do thanks them. At least we didn't get trash like Jonhs has been delivering since he dropped JL.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I do thanks them. At least we didn't get trash like Jonhs has been delivering since he dropped JL.
    Movie companies like sequels because they have a built in audience. Bendis' Legion was so new he ran off the built in audience and didn't bring in a new audience that would stay. Johns approach might not have initially gotten the new audience but it was very likely to hold on to the built in audience, and if he put out a good product eventually word of mouth would make a new audience jump on to see what all the buzz was about. Nearly all books have a history and no one is expected to know everyone of Spiderman's or Batman's or Wolverine's previous adventures before reading a new issue of it. I think the too much to handle is a bogus excuse. No one says I can't read JLA because that book goes back to the Silver age. You can go back to Starro if you want to but you don't have to. I have over time gotten all of the Legion adventures but I still haven't gotten around to reading the really early stuff and it hasn't lessened my love or excitement for the property. That reasoning is like the I would watch super hero movies if it wasn't for the secret identities the costumes and the powers. What that means is you don't want to watch a super hero movie, period. The Legion ain't for everybody but trying to make is so, might make it that nobody wants it.