Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    There's no Superman book either so I don't think Bendis is the reason there's no new Legion book on.
    Yes, but at difference of Superman, he still have two series continuing. The absence of a Legion title, with every pass month, seems to indicate an stealth cancelation. There are plans for the book in the near future?

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Damn. The Legion appears to be out of business, and Tenzil did not get a single line.
    I'm not sure if he even had a personality of his own voice. Or even if he had the same powers than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This book was going to live and die on Bendis since his fans were really the only one reading the book for the most part. When he was done this book was done.
    Then the book is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Legion and Titans are dead franchises that failed to weather the 90s. DC didn't do LoSH any favors by mishandling the book. The failed Threeboot and the return of Levitz was the final nail on their coffin. The only surviving franchise from that era is now X-Men and they have a multitude of games/cartoons/movies helping them weather the shrinking direct market.
    I really wish that not to be true, but I think you on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yes, aside from all of the points mentioned previously, perhaps the biggest factor in the Legion's failure is that readership for super-heroes continues to decline. The success of films hasn't propped readership for DC or Marvel. And I think in time, even those films won't be as well-received.
    I agree here too. Even I, find myself reading more manga and european BD and other genres than Shs.

I still think Legion could succeed as a TV series, but not sure we will ever see a well-received Legion comic book series again.
    I really wish the team behind Young Justice would work on an animated LoSh series. They created their own mytholgy and at the same time they respected history.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Yes, but at difference of Superman, he still have two series continuing. The absence of a Legion title, with every pass month, seems to indicate an stealth cancelation. There are plans for the book in the near future?

I'm not sure if he even had a personality of his own voice. Or even if he had the same powers than before.

Then the book is done.

I really wish that not to be true, but I think you on the right.

I agree here too. Even I, find myself reading more manga and european BD and other genres than Shs.

I really wish the team behind Young Justice would work on an animated LoSh series. They created their own mytholgy and at the same time they respected history.
    Hell, at this point I’d take the Scooby Doo Mystery Inc team to take on the LoSH.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Agreed. It'd almost have to be CGI, because the Legion's future is so out there with big amazing FX that would cost a ridiculous amount to do in live-action. All the different worlds and aliens and spaceships and futuristic cities and power effects, yikes!

I think a TV series/Movie would help spark interst again (CW, HBO MAX, or Movie)
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I think a TV series/Movie would help spark interst again (CW, HBO MAX, or Movie)
    The way Marvel are keeping people interested in their cinematic universe with WandaVision and Falcon & Winter Soldier.
    DC could could plenty of eager eyeballs on a 8 - 10 episode series on a streaming platform.
    Follow the CW template and highlight the lesser known franchises - like the Legion!! It COULD be amazing.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The funny thing is the heroes are really going to need a place like Sanctuary because most of them will be having nervous breakdowns. Seriously how many dead kids, parents, siblings, and spouses are suddenly going to be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The funny thing is the heroes are really going to need a place like Sanctuary because most of them will be having nervous breakdowns. Seriously how many dead kids, parents, siblings, and spouses are suddenly going to be remembered.
    Something tells me you did post on the wrong thread.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'd be done for another Legion cartoon.

Bendis:
    -Bendis is the problem. He chose to radically change the characters, and now he must pay the fiddler.

-I've heard fans say that it is "Legion in name only" and I have to agree, I felt totally alienated from the characters and quit after 6 issues.

-Bendis is also horrendous with multi team dialogue that utilizes several characters.

- Finally, can we please stop rebooting the legion as teenagers.

Old Fans

-Whether you like it or not, old fans are what keeps the Legion alive.

-There is no new wave of young fans running out in excitement to clear Bendis's Legion off the shelves,...nor will there be

- New fans come along for ride when a Legion run is successful

-The more you alienate the older fans, the quicker the Legion will die.

-By all means make progressive changes, but do it gradually and keep the core intact.

Constant Reboots

-It is what drove me away from the Legion and made me quit for over a decade.

-Nothing irritates me more than having the Legion rebooted as teenagers again and again.

-I grew up reading Levitz as a kid, they were all young adults by then that had deep character development and relationships with other characters. That all gets erased everytime you turn them into highschool teenagers

Lack of Diversity

-In the past yes, I concur the Legion needed in more diversity however....

-Bendis's Legion is full of diversity so I can't see that as being a complaint, but

-There is a right way to bring diversity onto a team that has been done successfully in the past (Outsiders, JSA, Teen Titans)....

- and there is a wrong way that alienates fans by radically changing the characters they grew up

- Bendis's ego and legacy ambitions have made him choose the wrong way.

Forced Diversity

- I am more bothered by general character appearances (Dawnstar/Timber Wolf ect) than skin pigmentation...that being said....

-when you look at the cover of Legion of Super Heroes #4 and the white males have been wiped out as being the founders and leaders of the Legion....it does feel kind of like political virtue signaling.

-I confess that after growing up and seeing Garth as a pasty faced ginder since the 80's....I wasn't happy with the change and it alienated me from the character, because it wasn't the Garth I grew up.

- You have to be careful about altering character appearances and personalities, even for good intentions, because it alienates existing fans and sales will drop...bottom line!

Superman's lack of popularity:

-I couldn't disagree more with this one. One of the biggest things I hate about Bendis's Legion is the return of Superboy.

-To me it's a signals that the Legion is back on popularity training wheels and needs a legacy hero to boost the sales.

- The Legion was at one point and time arguably the most popular superhero teams published by DC, and they ruined it with reboots that turned
    them back into teenagers.

-Superboy's presence also takes away from Monel and Ultra Boy's importance on the team...get rid of him.

Code Names

-Disagree, I stand by the Legion tradition, keep the code names.

The core cast is too big

-Disagree, good writers hone in on a couple characters to be the core, and than rotate the rest of the team in and out of that core.

Normally I would be opposed to another Legion reboot, but in this case, it is absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-27-2021 at 10:43 AM.

Would it help if the Legion was set in the modern day? Like, them all still being aliens, but Earth is still the modern Justice League protected Earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Follow the CW template and highlight the lesser known franchises - like the Legion!! It COULD be amazing.
    From my perspective, that is an oxymoron. The CW template needs to be destroyed and never spoke of again! Legion has unlimited potential, but CW is just interested in their own agenda.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    -Nothing irritates me more than having the Legion rebooted as teenagers again and again.

-I grew up reading Levitz as a kid, they were all young adults by then that had deep character development and relationships with other characters. That all gets erased everytime you turn them into highschool teenagers
    The only time I found teenagers interesting is when I was younger than a teenager. You can do good stories with kids, but even though that's how Legion was founded -- it wasn't their bread and butter. Same story with the X-Men. Once in a while they will introduce a teen-aged team, but those books never last. With Teen Titans, it's in the name (unless they remove it). Legion can include teens -- though I'd prefer they just be part of the Academy, but the team outgrew the teenager aspect long ago. When Dave Cockrum first helped revitalize the team, no one thought Legionnaires were still high school age. In fact, Wildfire was an adult with a full time job before he became a member.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    From my perspective, that is an oxymoron. The CW template needs to be destroyed and never spoke of again! Legion has unlimited potential, but CW is just interested in their own agenda.
    Why? What they did exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Would it help if the Legion was set in the modern day? Like, them all still being aliens, but Earth is still the modern Justice League protected Earth.
    There was LEGION for that.
    Also, one of the points of the Legion is they are the fastastic future where science and technology will make life on earth an utopia and where the universe is there to be explored. And maybe that is part of the problem. Most of modern takes on the future are apocaliptic eras were everything went to hell.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Bendis:
    -Bendis is the problem. He chose to radically change the characters, and now he must pay the fiddler.

-I've heard fans say that it is "Legion in name only" and I have to agree, I felt totally alienated from the characters and quit after 6 issues.

-Bendis is also horrendous with multi team dialogue that utilizes several characters.

- Finally, can we please stop rebooting the legion as teenagers.

Old Fans

-Whether you like it or not, old fans are what keeps the Legion alive.

-There is no new wave of young fans running out in excitement to clear Bendis's Legion off the shelves,...nor will there be

- New fans come along for ride when a Legion run is successful

-The more you alienate the older fans, the quicker the Legion will die.

-By all means make progressive changes, but do it gradually and keep the core intact.

Normally I would be opposed to another Legion reboot, but in this case, it is absolutely necessary. Not a reboot a retroboot
    Love your points about Bendis and the Old Fans part (a group I am proudly a member of)