Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Right? Do you think it is referring to switch to the canonical continuity?
    OK, I haven't had any interest in picking up the Generations book, but... you have my attention on the Legion reference. Was there an appearance by the "Old School" Legion? Where are they at, in their history? Pre-Crisis, or New 52-ish era Adult Legion?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Isn't he the writer that turned Starlord bisexual to spite Chris Pratt?
    That's not what happened in the book. That's just how the media spun it.
    "Cable was right!"

it's a cameo of 4 pages. Pre-crisis team with Superboy (Clark Kent) and Sensor but some inconsistency, Ferro Lad invisible kid I side by side of Invisible II, Chemical King

I don't think Generations will matter in the long run. It seems to be a fairly self-contained story, removed from whatever Infinite Frontier is.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    it's a cameo of 4 pages. Pre-crisis team with Superboy (Clark Kent) and Sensor but some inconsistency, Ferro Lad invisible kid I side by side of Invisible II, Chemical King
    It was a little joy after a dissapointing time. I hope this appearance causes a chain reaction than mined the bendislegion and DC put someone who can write the characters.

What comes next now? Future state Legion?

Alse, somebody else has seen the 2021 appreciation page for the legion?
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 01-06-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

This cameo reinforced my distate for this old version of the Legion. I really don't like the designs of those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    This cameo reinforced my distate for this old version of the Legion. I really don't like the designs of those characters.
    Agreed. They neither look futuristic nor alien. They just look generic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    For those who saw it, how was the Legion of SuperHeroes animated show?

I guess it wasn’t as popular as Justice League or the Teen Titans. Otherwise we’d still hear about it, and LoSH would still be in other media.

Was it a good adaptation?
    It had its moments. First season is better than the second one. Superboy was referred to as Superman due to legal problems using 'Superboy' back then. In season 2, they already had Superman and added his clone -- which just meant less of the actual Legion members. I wish they had used more members. Maybe the core group with one guest star each episode would have made it feel more like Legion. I think only two episodes from the entire series ever showed the full Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It was it's own thing, no more a faithful adaptation than the Young Justice cartoon (and a bit more kid-friendly than that, although not to the level of Teen Titans Go). I enjoyed it, but I've enjoyed several AU Legion offerings. It might come across as *too* kid-friendly at times, more like a Saturday morning cartoon (like Superfriends), than something more mature audiences can get into. But again, not so bad as Teen Titans Go, which I can't really watch, because it's a little too aggressively silly for my tastes.
    I think for a kids cartoon they handled the material pretty appropriately to where it was fun and comedic but the threats still had weight and meaning, and that continued into season 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Good thing they've been redesigned a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think Generations will matter in the long run. It seems to be a fairly self-contained story, removed from whatever Infinite Frontier is.
    There is no "the long run." Welcome to the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There is no "the long run." Welcome to the DCU.
    I'm not new around here lol. But yes, I don't think the story will matter at all in the Infinite Frontier scenario.

Solicitations already posted and no new Legion title. What could mean?:

a)Either Bendis is more concentrated in Justice League and doesn't have time for Legion.
    b) Or they are building something huge to make with the Legion and they are giving the writer time to built it.
    c) DC has no idea what to do with the Legion and are preparing another reboot, with a new writer.
    d) They are making Batman join the Team and start a new title: Batman (and the Legion of Super-Heroes)
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

a)Either Bendis is more concentrated in Justice League and doesn't have time for Legion.
    b) Or they are building something huge to make with the Legion and they are giving the writer time to built it.
    c) DC has no idea what to do with the Legion and are preparing another reboot, with a new writer.
    d) They are making Batman join the Team and start a new title: Batman (and the Legion of Super-Heroes)
    Nice try burying the lede, DC. I've learned how you do things.

A lack of JSA, Legion, Aquaman, Shazam, Green Arrow/Black Canary and some others really sucks. But hey, more goddamn Batman.

On a second, more detalied lecture, there are interesting developments in the Flash title.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post

Perhaps it's my imagination, or it has no significance, but it seems Bendis has been posting lots about Marvel and Jinxworld characters and books to Instagram and Twitter lately, and little about DC beyond the cover of the Justice League. I keep expecting an announcement that he's returning to Marvel. Or, at least leaving DC. And would be sorry to see him go.

Maybe his exclusive contract is up and he'll just be doing less for DC.

I'm not trying to start a rumor. It's just a feeling I've had.