Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Lady Shiva/Bronze Tiger/Richard Dragon.

The Japanese Toy Man; Hiro.

Wonder Woman in the style of Studio Ghibli

Zatanna.

Legion of Superheroes in the style of Boku No Hero Academia.

REBELS in the style of Cowboy Bebop

Katana in the style of Samurai Champloo and Kazemakse Tsukikage No Ran.

The Outsiders.

Birds of Prey.

Anime style is so varied that there are tons of characters they could adapt.
    Anything would look amazing in Cowboy Bebop style lol
    Birds of Prey - I can picture Black Canary delivering a kick in a very dynamic moving camera angle, would look awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Ha - I don't care much for CGI either, but even if it was traditionally animated, the big issue with Batman: Ninja isn't the medium of animation, but the fact that the story just... isn't all that well-executed? There's not much in the way of meaningful character arcs, or even story themes. Stuff kind of just happens, one wild thing after another. But you know what, I do think it's fun, and I think there's room for a movie like that in the Batman mythos which is all style and no substance. I'm just kinda glad it's the only one.

As for me, I'd kind of like a young Superman anime - not Super-Sons, just Superman. (Oho, what a surprise, the guy with a New 52 Superman avatar wants a young Superman anime, who'd have guessed?) And I think I'd like it to look kind of like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, for one major reason: the men in Jojo's are masculine in a way that anime characters usually aren't, and yet beautiful in a way that masculine characters usually aren't. And I think that fits very well for the Man of Tomorrow, to be both masculine and beautiful.

As for that Captain Comet story, I think it sounds like a lot of fun. I never read a lot of Captain Comet, though I tried to here and there - most of it just isn't that readily available. But I loved him in LEGION. There was a Showcase '96 story from that era where Blake was stranded on a primitive planet inhabited by a cave-dwelling society, and managed to "uplift" them into a space-faring society in less than a year in order to escape - which, the story concludes, was a really morally questionable decision on his part, even though holy crap, that's ridiculously impressive! That's probably my favorite Captain Comet story, and I think it'd make a pretty good anime mini-arc - even if it's not from the character era you were targeting. Just a stray train of thought!
    Don't bother reading modern Comet stories they aren't good lol. He has potencial specially when you see the covers based on Mass Effect game, but the story don't deliver. So i'm still waiting for him to have a good story and an anime series based on space exploration, fighting aliens could be a solution.
    I don't think i'd ever read that showcase '96 issue you're refering to, thanks for the heads up.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I would totally watch a Wonder Woman anime directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara

Definitely Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone (1997):

Ooohh or an anime adaptation of the water hand Aquaman era would be fun. Obsidian Age/ Sub Diego stuff.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld.
    The best answer, even a normal western cartoon with some anime inspired style would be fine.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

The kung-fu trio:
    Bronze Tiger
    Lady Shiva
    Richard Dragon

I would like to see a cheeky Body Doubles show as their gear and their Tech Guy shop just affords so many opportunities for the animators to go all Anime.

Another one that I think would benefit from the style is OUTSIDERS (the horror slanted version).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Definitely Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone (1997):

I really liked that one.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I said this in the other anime thread but OUTSIDERS, supported by some of the Batfamily, would be perfect for an anime or a manga setting. The recent iteration (Black Lightning, Katana, Signal, Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, and Babylon) are all have excellent potential as anime protagonists. Invoking the Young Justice: Outsiders, they could focus squarely on Metahumans and meta affairs (providing varied powers and abilities to showcase) and they could use Duke to roll in a deeper metahuman mythology with the Immortal Houses (material to create a rough power system for the varied abilities).

and since the Outsiders are multi-generational, you could grab a bunch of DC heroes in the mix with fun anime inspired reimaginings or as adversaries. like R'as and the League, or pull in Bronze Tiger and Richard Dragon as allies.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-03-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."