Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

1. An animated series that gives us something new - similar to how BTAS changed things in the early 90s.

2. Two comic series that are in continuity and about Diana and her world are not anthologies and have amazing writers and artists on them. Wonder Woman and Wonder Women or Diana Prince: Agent of ARGUS, Wonder Woman in the Godsphere, etc. Both titles would expand on and redevelop Wonder concepts, characters, and her costumed villains. (We’ll see what happens with her in the Godsphere.)

3. A Wonder title following the adventures of Yara Flor.

4. A Villainy Inc. miniseries or maxiseries, exploring Diana’s foes.

5. Nubia, Yara, Donna, Achilles Warkiller, and Cassie showing up and being a part of the Wonderverse together and the broader DCU as members of teams. (Sort of like Hippolyta’s inclusion in the JL.)

6. The Return of Earth Two with Diana as a member of the JSA and with a daughter named Lyta Trevor that part of Infinity Inc. as Fury.

I don’t ask for much!

It's best to develop Diana's characters in her own books and adaptations before farming them out to other franchises.

Incredible Member

Great writing and great art.

And for Bendis not to mess up Hippolyta.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    If they want a WW villain give them Egg-Fu 'cause that's the quality of villain the Suicide Squad brand deserves.

I don't why people think this would happen. There hasn't been more use of Donna or Cassie because of their presence in TT or YJ and on the villain front this is pretty Giganta's situation, which also hasn't done anything for increasing the WW universe/brand. If anything it just cedes another character to an unrelated franchise.
    Wondergirls haven't had any development in Young Justice, and the Titans show isn't very aclaimed or popular. I would say that people like Captain Boomerang a lot more now than they did before Suicide Squad became popular. If they wanted to do a Flash movie with him as a villain there would be slightly more excitement for it now than before (but he still isn't that famous, maybe James Gunn sequel will help since it's been 4 years since we last saw him). Take Harley Quinn for example, she became a superstar after she stoped being tied to Joker. If you wanted to make a story about Harley fighting Batman you could now (although it would be a weird tone). This is what could happen with someone like Giganta. Turn her into a popular character and then tell a big story with her and you can bring in people that normallly wouldn't read wonder woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Wondergirls haven't had any development in Young Justice, and the Titans show isn't very aclaimed or popular. I would say that people like Captain Boomerang a lot more now than they did before Suicide Squad became popular. If they wanted to do a Flash movie with him as a villain there would be slightly more excitement for it now than before (but he still isn't that famous, maybe James Gunn sequel will help since it's been 4 years since we last saw him). Take Harley Quinn for example, she became a superstar after she stoped being tied to Joker. If you wanted to make a story about Harley fighting Batman you could now (although it would be a weird tone). This is what could happen with someone like Giganta. Turn her into a popular character and then tell a big story with her and you can bring in people that normallly wouldn't read wonder woman.
    It's been a huge ratings hit on Netflix and the first season at least got good reviews.

Captain Boomerang is mostly known for being part of a movie that was divisive at best where the only character people liked was Harley Quinn. There is a reason they made a movie about her and not him. Donna Troy has a better chance at a movie than him because people actually liked her character in Titans.

Also, WW villains don't have the best use outside of WW stories themselves. If Giganta appears in Suicide Squad she'll likely end up jobbed or killed off.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-22-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Neither has most things Suicide Squad related in the past few years.

They're first big movie was mixed reviews at best (I think it's worse than BvS honestly) and their second movie having buzz is largely pinned on the hopes of an entirely different director from the first film. While their books have been constantly cancelled and relaunched. There's that Kill the Justice League game in a few years and while I have zero interest in that nonsense we'll have to wait and see on that.

Anyone thinking Suicide Squad would justice for any character while being on the same team as Harley Quinn is fooling themselves.

Suicide Squad is one of the few DC properties outside the Justice League that has had constant exposure since 2011 outside of the comics. They have had 2 animated movies and were a significant part of Apokolips War. They are about to have 2 live action films. They have been featuring in multiple tv shows, both live action and animated, and Tv shows, including their own.

The constant relaunches are proof that DC will continue to support the team no matter what. And Boomerang has been in almost every incarnation outside the comics. In the Suicide Squad film he was probably the most popular character on the team aside from Harley Quinn, despite Deadshot usually being the protagonist.

The David Ayer film was a critical failure but made more money than Man of Steel and Justice League and wasn't very far from Wonder Woman. But as far as popularity, the suicide squad merchandise blew up. I saw so many people wearing clothes, toys, purses, pins, etc of those characters. This is the kind of promotion Giganta could get. She can both be an action character, as well as a comedic personality, as well as a compassionate figure.
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-22-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Neither has most things Suicide Squad related in the past few years.

They're first big movie was mixed reviews at best (I think it's worse than BvS honestly) and their second movie having buzz is largely pinned on the hopes of an entirely different director from the first film. While their books have been constantly cancelled and relaunched. There's that Kill the Justice League game in a few years and while I have zero interest in that nonsense we'll have to wait and see on that.

Anyone thinking Suicide Squad would justice for any character while being on the same team as Harley Quinn is fooling themselves.
    The first film made roughly $750 million without China. Guardians of the Galaxy made roughly $775 million with China. To say the first film wasn't successful is just patently false. The film also has a sequel to be released next year and a spinoff film this year. The Suicide Squad trade in 2016 was in DC's top 10 selling trades and the Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad has consistently been one of the top Halloween costumes since the film's release.

Kill the Justice League is also taking some inspiration from the movie, and it was at least more positively accepted than Marvel's The Avengers first trailer.

I also question your statement that the Suicide Squad doesn't do justice to characters because of Harley, when Peacemaker, El Diabo, and Deadshot, all haven't gotten a boost in popularity. Even Enchantress was in the Injustice 2 video game.

You obviously can dislike the Suicide Squad, but to say it isn't a great opportunity for characters and an expanding I.P. is just blatantly untrue.

Suicide Squad is one of the few DC properties outside the Justice League that has had constant exposure since 2011 outside of the comics. They have had 2 animated movies and were a significant part of Apokolips War. They are about to have 2 live action films. They have been featuring in multiple tv shows, both live action and animated, and Tv shows, including their own.

The constant relaunches are proof that DC will continue to support the team no matter what. And Boomerang has been in almost every incarnation outside the comics. In the Suicide Squad film he was probably the most popular character on the team aside from Harley Quinn, despite Deadshot usually being the protagonist.

The David Ayer film was a critical failure but made more money than Man of Steel and Justice League and wasn't very far from Wonder Woman. But as far as popularity, the suicide squad merchandise blew up. I saw so many people wearing clothes, toys, purses, pins, etc of those characters. This is the kind of promotion Giganta could get. She can both be an action character, as well as a comedic personality, as well as a compassionate figure.
    This same thing could be achieved by actually using Giganta in WW stuff. The franchise she originated from and is one that is also expanding rather pawning her off on the Hot Topic Squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    The first film made roughly $750 million without China. Guardians of the Galaxy made roughly $775 million with China. To say the first film wasn't successful is just patently false. The film also has a sequel to be released next year and a spinoff film this year. The Suicide Squad trade in 2016 was in DC's top 10 selling trades and the Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad has consistently been one of the top Halloween costumes since the film's release.

Kill the Justice League is also taking some inspiration from the movie, and it was at least more positively accepted than Marvel's The Avengers first trailer.

I also question your statement that the Suicide Squad doesn't do justice to characters because of Harley, when Peacemaker, El Diabo, and Deadshot, all haven't gotten a boost in popularity. Even Enchantress was in the Injustice 2 video game.

You obviously can dislike the Suicide Squad, but to say it isn't a great opportunity for characters and an expanding I.P. is just blatantly untrue.
    Yes, it was financially successful but it also had a BVS style second weekend drop so let's not pretend also it was some runaway success or that financial success determines quality or value. If it was WB wouldn't be doing what's essentially a soft reboot of that series with a new director and cast.

And I stand by saying Harley is the largely the biggest reason DC still keeps pushing them or is the only character who largely benefits from it. If she were removed from the equation, the opportunities they would continually get would dry up.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-22-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Suicide Squad can be popular and still not be a great spot for WW characters.

Most of her foes should be a higher weight class that shouldn't be controlled by Waller. Cheetah was on there a few times, and it didn't make sense for her to be there even if someone like Tim Seeley did an okay job with her in his brief run (though still not great). There is also the fact that the SS should be comprised of largely expendable characters who aren't guaranteed to be safe. A stable cast of villains who never die foes against the premise of the book. This is why a lot of the early issues had lame Firestorm villains they could kill off, or villains the parent franchise didn't really need that much who could become key figures elswhere (like Deadshot).

Diana's rogues gallery isn't going to get help by farming them out away from her, where they will either be cemented as being SS characters (but still way behind Harley) or worse killed off because they aren't worth anything.

Her clay origin back.

I don't EXPECT it to happen in 2021, but it's what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Her clay origin back.

I don't EXPECT it to happen in 2021, but it's what I want.
    Add that to my list. It was so frustrating seeing Wonder Woman reference daddy Zeus once again in this week's ish.

Also add to my list for 2021:

No Jason, no Grail, no Max Lord, and no Liar Liar.

Can't we just drop Max Lord into Suicide Squad? Problem solved. Waller will kill him in an hour. Jk. I wouldn't mind seeing a WW villain in Suicide Squad. I've thought about that too. Paula Von Gunther or Dr. Poison would be cool, imo.

Consistent and good content from the main book and Sensational Wonder Woman.

Historia most definitely. At the very least a proper announcement.

A Wonder Girl comic that properly introduces Yara as a Wonder fam character and that explains how the three Amazon tribes are interconnected.

An 80th Anniversary Anthology one-shot with good and fresh stories.

A return of the JLD proper with either Diana or Artemis as one of the leaders.

Now that I know Renae De Liz might have more in store for Diana, definitely that!

And speaking about writers and artists that brought us out-of-continuity origins I will now enter the land of extremely wishful thinking: A sequel to Wonder Woman: Warbringer, I think the idea that Diana spoilers:
    went on an adventure into man's world without the Amazons knowing and then living with them again
    end of spoilers is a great idea. I would love to see how that changes her relationships and it's a great way to explore Themyscira some more. A little more realistically, I would like to see an OGN that isn't yet another origin story (even if I really enjoy them).

Last but not least: The clay origin.

Do you guys for some reason think it can only be one way or the other? These villains can appear in Suicide Squad and in the regular books. It's not like DC maintains cohesion of where the characters are. We saw Boomerang and Harley Quinn all the time even though they were in the Suicide Squad. What Batman does in the Batman book, in the Detective Comics and in Justice League rarely line up. Why would Giganta be different

Do you guys for some reason think it can only be one way or the other? These villains can appear in Suicide Squad and in the regular books. It's not like DC maintains cohesion of where the characters are. We saw Boomerang and Harley Quinn all the time even though they were in the Suicide Squad. What Batman does in the Batman book, in the Detective Comics and in Justice League rarely line up. Why would Giganta be different
    Read what others have said. People would prefer for WW villains to be used in WW books where they are more likely to be treated with respect. It's that simple.