Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

i hope that people most don't want to see the kids right away. Or is there a cohort that is spoiling for the "definitive" screen depictions of Franklin and Valeria?

Fantastic Member

I think it's fine to have the kids in first film. To be frank the best thing they can do is try and make the film feel like an Avengers Endgame type story just have a massive cast and move the plot from set piece to set piece. This is what worked for the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby FF and that's what should happen for a FF movie.

As for the cast...

Reed Richards - John Krasinski
    Sue Storm - Alice Eve
    Johnny Storm - Boyd Holbrook
    Ben Grimm - John Hamm
    Valeria - Brooklyn Prince
    Franklin - Oakes Fegley
    Hyperstorm - Charles Dance

Doctor Doom - Cillian Murphy
    Namor The Submariner - Henry Golding
    Super Skrull - LaKeith Stanfield
    Molecule Man - Paul Dano
    The Silver Surfer - Keanu Reeves

It will be interesting to see how Marvel folds them into the MCU. I know there's probably a desire to see them as established or retcon them in somehow as having been active for awhile so they're not seen as newcomers, and it would justify casting actors in their 40s. But of course shoe-horning them in might be more complicated than it's worth and maybe it's easier to start them in the present free of MCU continuity. Would it be weird if their origin took place during the snap and it somehow motivates Reed's fateful experiment that gives them their powers? Do we want to see them have ties to other MCU properties (even tangentially) or have them free of that? I honestly am not sure and perhaps I don't really care as long as the story is good. Any of those could work if done well.

Extraordinary Member

People are going to pitch a fit online, unless Doom’s actor is Romani.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope that people most don't want to see the kids right away. Or is there a cohort that is spoiling for the "definitive" screen depictions of Franklin and Valeria?
    It has to be a decision right off the bat. If the kids are not in the first film then they won't appear at the appropriate age the whole traditional 3 movie run. Unless you do some time travel type stories. That will be hard, especially with the greater integration of mcu in general.

I don't need them particularly and it might help differentiate from the Incredibles comparisons to skip the kids.

The more complicated thing to me is establishing Reeds brilliance. Some of his brilliance has been given to other characters in the MCU. There is a gap now with Tony out. Bruce was also filling into traditional Reed Richard's brilliance territory he needs that back here and Bruce go back to gamma related area.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    People are going to pitch a fit online, unless Doom’s actor is Romani.
    Twitter might but I think as long as the actor is eastern european most people won't care. I think they would be more upset is they cast an American.

BANNED

Personally I dont think the main focus for a Fantastic Four possibility is who is going to be cast as Doom and how he will be integrated in.

Doom will always be a disappointment on screen. First, he will always have a reason to only occasionally wear a mask. Second, you can't do Doom's speech mannerisms in a live action movie of any credibility. Third, if there's one thing Doom has proven over the years, it's that the Fantastic Four alone can stymie him. He's just not at the level of a universe-shattering, every hand on deck, super villan (since before Secret Wars anyway, and seriously, let's not go there please)

The FF needs to start as a relatively young group, much like the 2006 version. Practically speaking, they need the demographics of boys and girls who are hot for the actors. They need the characters themselves to build into a relationship, not have one established, and they need to be fun, which - speaking as an old person - old people and parents aren't.

Default Fantastic Four fancasting, plot, setting ideas

What do u guys would like to see? What actors/actresses? Villains, plot ideas, etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    The FF needs to start as a relatively young group, much like the 2006 version. Practically speaking, they need the demographics of boys and girls who are hot for the actors. They need the characters themselves to build into a relationship, not have one established, and they need to be fun, which - speaking as an old person - old people and parents aren't.
    That's the approach that they've tried every time so far and it hasn't worked yet. I would submit it's because the FF dynamic has always been a family with the characters squabbling in part because of their different ages.

But, regardless, the idea that a Marvel movie has to star actors who are, hot, young and "fun" is just belied by the data. Marvel has had some pretty good success with movies starring middle aged actors, including Benedict Cumberbatch and Chadwick Boseman (born in 1976), Paul Rudd (born in 1969) and some guy who's eligible for an AARP card, by the name of Robert Downey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamazon View Post
    What do u guys would like to see? What actors/actresses? Villains, plot ideas, etc ?
    I liked the Peyton Reed treatment from back before the 2005 movie came out: set in the 60s, the cast already having their powers and dealing with "Beatles" like fame while dealing with the threat of Dr. Doom.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think Marvel Studios should introduce the Future Foundation in the run up with an adult Franklin and Valeria who have been searching for their parents for years and then the movie introduces the team in the 60's as another part of 'lost history'. I know it's getting to be a cliché following Captain America and Captain Marvel but it would definitely work to have the FF and Doom (and maybe another FF villain) in that era before being brought to the present alongside kid versions of Franklin and Valeria which creates a fun paradox. And then Doom gets set up as one of the big bads of the MCU alongside Magneto and eventually Galactus so we eventually hit Secret Wars. And maybe Future Foundation with both adult and kid Franklin and Valeria can be on Disney+?