Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marvel's Fantastic Four

CBR has an article:
    https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-b...lunt-esposito/

I know people have been talking about Krasinki/Blunt for so long that it seems inevitable, but does anyone else have other ideas? I always thought Rachel McAdams would have been a good Sue, but that ship has sailed.

And Esposito as Doom?? No offense to the man, but can he leave the Big Bad roles to someone else for a change? It seems like a bad idea to me to cast him to do his Moff Gideon/Gus Fring/Stan Edgar thing again in this. And what's so wrong with keeping with Doom's eastern European dictator persona? People have said Mads Mikkelson, who seems a much better idea to me.

I have to imagine we're going to get a CG mo-cap performance for The Thing. Honestly, I wouldn't mind Michael Chiklis coming back for the role.

Incredible Member

Put the Doom down.

I have slightly better hope for Doom under disney then under fox, but you should treat him like hulk until he's ready (essentially a cameo artist and written into other people's movies)

Lee Pace as Reed Richards.

Dr. Doom exists already but no one knows whose underneath the mask. I'd build him up in other movies first before having him go up against the FF.

I'd skip the origin and have it happened offscreen. Make it the opening credits etc.

Develop the other villians first. I'd probably bring in some version of the Frightful four.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-22-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Lee Pace as Reed Richards.
    Why Richards?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I doubt they go for Doom again as the first villain. We'll probably get a tease to him and that's it. I think Mole Man has a better chance of being the first villain.

I wonder if we'll see MCU Peter and Johnny meet.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Why Richards?
    I thought Pace was a good fit for him.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would definitely save Doom for the 2nd or even 3rd movie and not use a big name actor for the role. Doom NEEDS to wear the mask and most big name actors will not want to wear the mask all the time because they want you to see their faces when they act. I would rather have a lesser know actor who will wear the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I would definitely save Doom for the 2nd or even 3rd movie and not use a big name actor for the role. Doom NEEDS to wear the mask and most big name actors will not want to wear the mask all the time because they want you to see their faces when they act. I would rather have a lesser know actor who will wear the mask.
    Yah its kind of funny with masks and film. One of the most iconic masked villains of all time, Jason Voorhees, has been played by several actors. But the good ones, like Kane Hodder, still stand out among the rest.

You could do a lot with Doom in a mask, because his eyes and mouth can still be visible and emote. I would think playing a character who is so complex as doom would be a welcome challenge for some, even if he has to remain masked due to a facial deformity.

Not to bring up a film series I'm not all that fond of, but in the Star Wars sequel trilogy, Phasma was one of my favorites. She didn't appear very much, which was a pity, but the actor did a good job with very little ability to emote properly. The one time when her mask gets broken halfway off, just before she dies, the impact of her half expression was pretty strong.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 12-22-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

And Esposito as Doom?? No offense to the man, but can he leave the Big Bad roles to someone else for a change? It seems like a bad idea to me to cast him to do his Moff Gideon/Gus Fring/Stan Edgar thing again in this. And what's so wrong with keeping with Doom's eastern European dictator persona? People have said Mads Mikkelson, who seems a much better idea to me.
    Yeah, pretty much both of this. And if Disney feels they need an African American to play either a member of the FF or Doom, get Terry Crews as Ben or really show some cajones and cast someone like Mahershala Ali as Reed (a younger Denzel would have been incredible as Mister Fantastic).

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Now that Disney+ is a thing Marvel Studios has the chance to do Doom's origins properly, so have a Doctor Doom mini series based on Books of Doom there with the proper Latervian storyline. I also think Boris is perfect to set him up - have Boris be the Anti-Coulson, showing up all over to set his master's schemes in place.

The voice of Doom is everything though. They could have a big name for the masked adult Doom and then someone actually Eastern European to play his younger self for the mini series.

Boisterously Confused

Here's a nuts idea for Doom: Phil LaMarr.

He's a voice actor, so you're not going to have serious issues with the whole thing about his face being under a mask. He can do a range of voices, including the best Dark And Intimidating you're likely to find this side of James Earl Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought Pace was a good fit for him.
    My first thought would've been him playing Doom (he has the presence and tone that lends itself well to someone convinced of their own superiority -- and able to back it up), but okay.

Course, I'm still not entirely sold on an F4 movie in the first place (if anyone could do it, it's Marvel Studios, but with Pixar the only ones able to pull off an F4 movie to date, it's hard to feel confident).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Michale fassbender as Doom
    Joseph Gordon Lovitt as Reed
    MacKenzie Davis as Sue
    Zach Efron or Darce Montgomery as Johnny
    If it's voice only John C Reilly as Thing(use his angry voice. 90% of the time he does Goofy but he can sound serious. Has the right tone if he doesn't go goofy.)

I prefer Krasinski and Blunt but this is what I got off the top of my head. Id also have no issue with a color swapped Reed. Just don't have any available actors jumping out at me. JGL plays smart very believable

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Joseph Gordon Lovitt as Reed
    For some reason, people tend to forget that Reed, as envisioned, was actually a traditionally good-looking man, almost movie star handsome, but a little older and/or prematurely grey. Levitt's a good actor but a bit nerdy.

Extraordinary Member

Pedro Pascal as Reed
    Ryan gosling as Torch
    Tom Hardy as Thing
    Emily Blunt as Invisible Woman